- Bill would allow consideration of PTSD in sentence Updated: Mar-11-14 8:49 pm
- Wolf encounter leaves cows with post-trauma stress Updated: Mar-06-14 9:25 am
- Hagel promises to look into vets' PTSD lawsuit Updated: Mar-05-14 12:30 pm
- Former deputy sues over lack of PTSD treatment Updated: Mar-04-14 1:30 pm
- Kansas bill offers convicted vets mental treatment Updated: Feb-26-14 5:30 pm
- Bush hosts summit on helping veterans transition Updated: Feb-19-14 5:05 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Posttraumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injuries could be used as a mitigating factor in the sentencing of combat veterans convicted of crimes under a bill considered Tuesday in the House Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee.
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Cows that survive a wolf encounter reportedly suffer symptoms similar to post-traumatic stress disorder.
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says he is personally looking into the lawsuit filed earlier this week by Vietnam veterans who suffered from post-traumatic stress and received less than honorable discharges from the military.
BOZEMAN, Montana - A former Gallatin County sheriff's deputy who faces trial in May on charges that he mistreated a prisoner three years ago is suing the county claiming he did not receive adequate treatment for job-related mental health issues.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Some military veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress who are convicted of low-level crimes could be ordered by Kansas courts to receive treatment as a condition of their sentence.
DALLAS - Efforts must be made to end the stigma attached to post-traumatic stress disorder, which can hinder military veterans' transition into civilian life and employment, former President George W. Bush said Wednesday.