- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Updated: Feb-09-16 6:52 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak had an enlightened moment during yoga Monday morning. The word "compassion" is a concept he often uses with his team and in the way he's built the program, but the yoga instructor gave Krystkowiak another definition.
- Court upholds tax evasion convictions of Atkins diet doctor Updated: Feb-09-16 3:06 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal appeals court has upheld the convictions of a Kansas obesity specialist who co-authored the "Atkins Diabetes Revolution."
- Crystal Lake woman in wheelchair earning her black belt Updated: Feb-09-16 8:26 am
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - Tired of being defined by her wheelchair and labeled a "special needs" athlete, Kelly Schultz will try for her black belt in karate in the able-bodied division.
- Police: Woman slashed in thigh while jogging in Queens park Updated: Feb-08-16 6:22 am
NEW YORK - Police say a woman was slashed in her thigh while jogging in a Queens park.
- Dakota Wesleyan dedicates sports and wellness complex Updated: Feb-05-16 2:16 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Dakota Wesleyan University has dedicated its new sports and wellness complex.
- Police: Man faked brain cancer, took thousands in donations Updated: Feb-04-16 7:11 am
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man shaved his head and took weight loss pills to convince people he had stage 3 brain cancer and collect thousands in donations.
- FTC shuts down diet-pill distributor for alleged fake claims Updated: Feb-03-16 8:15 pm
GLENDALE, California - A Glendale, California, company shut down 10 months ago will pay about $10 million to settle claims by the Federal Trade Commission that it wildly exaggerated the results of its diet supplements, used fake endorsements from people like Oprah Winfrey and hired marketers to send millions of spam emails.
- Former Saints RB presents check to Pass Christian school Updated: Feb-03-16 5:24 pm
PASS CHRISTIAN, Mississippi - Students at a Pass Christian school received quite a surprise Wednesday when former Saints running back Deuce McAllister visited them to congratulate their big win in a statewide contest.
- State inmate charged with attempted murder in stabbing Updated: Feb-02-16 6:19 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An inmate has been charged with attempted murder after he allegedly stabbed another prisoner at the North Dakota State Penitentiary.
- Hotels expand options to keep guests healthy on the road Updated: Feb-01-16 10:01 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Running concierges, a hotel mini bar stocked with produce from the local farmers market and a training wall that comes standard in every room. The hotel industry is moving beyond basement gyms and basic spa menus to accommodate guests' growing requests to stay healthy while on the road.
- Nebraska Roads Dept. supports exemptions for farm equipment Updated: Feb-01-16 5:16 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Department of Roads has endorsed a bill that would lift weight and load restrictions on certain farm equipment traveling the state's roads.
- 'Teen Wolf' Tyler Posey shows his funny side at Sundance Updated: Jan-28-16 6:58 pm
PARK CITY, Utah - Tyler Posey is having the ultimate Sundance experience.
- Bikram yoga founder ordered to pay $7.4M for sex harassment Updated: Jan-27-16 2:28 am
LOS ANGELES - A man who made an empire out of his high-heat brand of yoga has been ordered to pay well over $7 million to a former legal adviser who said he sexually harassed her.
- Weight Watchers stock gains as Oprah loses 26 pounds Updated: Jan-26-16 2:36 pm
NEW YORK - Weight Watchers stock is gaining again, thanks to Oprah Winfrey's weight loss.
- Patriots AFC Championship apparel to be donated Updated: Jan-25-16 2:32 pm
BOSTON - Dick's Sporting Goods said it plans to donate unsellable Patriots AFC Championship gear to a nonprofit after the team lost 20-18 to the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
- Owner of Mobile yoga studio believes yoga is for every body Updated: Jan-23-16 12:14 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - It was standing-room only on Monday night at Shoshana Treichel's new Above and Beyond Hot Yoga studio, where more than 100 people packed into the space on Hillcrest Road in west Mobile for the grand opening. Though she's only lived in Mobile for about a year and a half, Shoshana has inspired a lot of excitement among the normally calm yoga community.
- School district tries building meals kids will buy - and eat Updated: Jan-23-16 4:02 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Anchorage School District's dietitian is fed up with kids who hate their school lunches, so much they walk straight from the food line to the garbage.
- Trash left by December floods still littering river city Updated: Jan-21-16 9:10 am
DECATUR, Alabama - Floodwater from the Christmas rains that drenched the city has subsided, but it left behind trash that still litters the banks of Decatur's parks near waterways.
- Senate panel approves bill to make school lunches tastier Updated: Jan-20-16 1:12 pm
WASHINGTON - School meals could become a bit tastier under legislation approved by a Senate committee.
- EXCHANGE: Minooka runner eyes record with race across US Updated: Jan-20-16 8:02 am
MINOOKA, Illinois - At this time last year, Adam Kimble put his career on hold to travel the world with his wife - all the while growing a beard.
- Centuries-old curling finds dedicated fans in Santa Fe Updated: Jan-20-16 2:02 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Kirsten Stromberg barked out orders to her three teammates on where she wanted the 42-pound granite stones to land.
- Review: Under Armour's fitness gadgets need to shape up Updated: Jan-19-16 3:17 pm
BAY LAKE, Florida - You may know Under Armour mostly for its heavily marketed line of athletic sportswear. But the company has bigger ambitions: It's jumping into the crowded market for wearable gadgets that aim to help both athletes and couch potatoes track their fitness.
- Bend and a beer: Yoga classes and craft breweries team up Updated: Jan-18-16 8:54 am
MIAMI - Around the country, yogis are jumping up from savasana and hopping onto a barstool as yoga classes are making their way into breweries.
- Heavy Duty: Alabamians step on scale to set Guinness record Updated: Jan-17-16 9:51 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - In the spirt of weight loss, Alabamians stepped on a truck scale and broke the Guinness World Record.
- National health survey to collect data in St. Clair County Updated: Jan-15-16 4:21 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - An influential national health and diet survey will collect information this spring from residents of St. Clair County in Illinois.