- Get in shape in preparation for ski season Updated: Nov-25-15 2:00 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - When the snow starts falling, people think of tuning up their skis or snowboard. You might check out your boots and bindings to make sure everything works right for the coming season.
- Yoga with Cats class proves to be 'the purrfect mix' Updated: Nov-22-15 9:02 am
GALESVILLE, Maryland - A sign on the table reads "Think Pawsitive."
- Surgeon general visits garden program at Los Angeles school Updated: Nov-20-15 1:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - At a high school in urban South Los Angeles, students are growing fruits and vegetables and starting to eat more of them, too.
- 3 transients plead not guilty to killing 2 in California Updated: Nov-19-15 2:47 pm
SAN RAFAEL, California - Three young transients accused of robbing and killing two people in Northern California have pleaded not guilty to murder charges.
- Michelle Obama to speak at Old Dominion University this week Updated: Nov-18-15 1:02 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - First lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to speak at FNV Live! at Old Dominion University in Norfolk later this week.
- Paris attacks lead Americans to wonder about US safety Updated: Nov-18-15 9:45 am
NEW YORK - From cafes in New York to tailgate parties in the heartland, the bloodbath in Paris is forcing Americans to ponder the awful possibility of terrorist attacks on "soft targets" in the U.S. such as restaurants, bars and other ordinary gathering spots.
- Study: Even the normal-weight should watch that apple shape Updated: Nov-09-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - A pot belly can be a bad thing - even if you're not considered overweight.
- Open air fitness center being built in Ponchatoula Updated: Nov-09-15 7:10 am
PONCHATOULA, Louisiana - Construction of an open-air fitness center in a Ponchatoula city park is nearing completion.
- Young, idealistic farmers help keep land in production Updated: Nov-08-15 12:14 pm
NEW PALTZ, New York - Hauling feed, herding pigs, long hours. Farming is hard. And 25-year-old Leanna Mulvihill loves it.
- Grant provides new fitness equipment to NJ middle school Updated: Nov-07-15 11:43 am
WAYNE, New Jersey - Students at Schuyler-Colfax Middle School are climbing their way to health, rung by rung, thanks to a grant awarded to them on behalf of Project Fit, a national public charity.
- Study: Teen obesity surgery benefits last at least 3 years Updated: Nov-06-15 11:01 am
The largest, longest study of teen obesity surgery shows huge weight loss and health gains can last at least three years, and many say it's worth the risks.
- Study: Nearly half of US pregnant women gain too much weight Updated: Nov-05-15 2:45 pm
NEW YORK - Nearly half of U.S. moms gain too much weight during pregnancy, according to a government study released Thursday.
- Tennessee's Hurd says weight gain has made him better back Updated: Oct-29-15 3:06 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd's bigger body is helping him produce bigger numbers.