- Puerto Rico rejects smoking marijuana for medicinal purposes Updated: May-05-15 7:38 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Smoking marijuana for medicinal purposes will not be allowed in Puerto Rico, but cannabis derivatives could be consumed in other ways, government officials said Tuesday as they provided more details on the governor's weekend executive order on cannabis use.
- At medical marijuana warehouse, plants rise as launch nears Updated: May-05-15 5:46 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Kim Kelsey walked row-by-row through a maze of hundreds of growing marijuana plants, dumbstruck, ecstatic and near tears at the 2-foot-tall plants and what she hopes they will do for her son.
- New CEO takes over evolving drugmaker Bristol-Myers Squibb Updated: May-05-15 3:30 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Drugmaker Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. has a new leader, Dr. Giovanni Caforio, who became CEO as the company's annual meeting in Plainsboro, New Jersey, ended Tuesday.
- Dispute over felons in pot industry flares at Statehouse Updated: May-05-15 1:43 pm
DENVER - A dispute over felons in the marijuana business has complicated a much larger bill to renew medical marijuana regulations in the closing days of Colorado's legislative session.
- Law enforcement stance on pot starts to shift in Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Marijuana enthusiasts and law enforcement don't agree on much. But there's one point both concede: Louisiana's marijuana laws are exceptionally strict.
- Law enforcement shifting stance on pot, even if only a bit Updated: May-05-15 10:55 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Law enforcement agencies are shifting their stance on Louisiana's strict marijuana laws, at least a bit.
- Hawaii committee passes medical marijuana dispensaries bill Updated: May-04-15 10:16 pm
HONOLULU - Patients have waited nearly 15 years for legal access to medical marijuana in Hawaii, and they are now one step closer to reaching that goal.
- Louisiana Senate passes bill allowing medical marijuana Updated: May-04-15 8:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Roughly a year after a medical marijuana bill was shot down in committee, the Louisiana Senate on Monday passed a similar proposal that could get medical-grade pot to those suffering from cancer, glaucoma and a severe form of cerebral palsy.
- Illinois medical marijuana approved for PTSD, osteoarthritis Updated: May-04-15 5:25 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois' new medical marijuana program would cover thousands, perhaps millions, more patients under expansive recommendations that an advisory board agreed to Monday.
- Teen's battle with disease a daily routine of drugs, therapy Updated: May-04-15 9:08 am
CLINTON, Indiana - Kierstin Ritchey may look like a typical teenager, but she has been dealing with a "quiet disease" all her life.
- Labor assists marijuana legalization effort in California Updated: May-03-15 3:43 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Organized labor is assisting efforts to frame a California ballot measure to legalize recreational marijuana use in the state, sensing an opportunity to expand its presence in the workplace.
- California lawmakers weigh rules for medicinal pot shops Updated: May-02-15 8:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - The California Legislature is considering multiple - and conflicting - plans to impose the first major statewide restrictions on medical marijuana dispensaries and growers.
- Former player seeks solution for NFL's concussion problem Updated: May-02-15 2:30 pm
CHICAGO - Former NFL defensive lineman Marvin Washington looks at Saturday's sports schedule and doesn't see such a spectacular lineup.
- SW Kansas mom finds herself at center of national pot debate Updated: May-02-15 1:50 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - A southwest Kansas single mother who lost custody of her son for using medical marijuana to ease her Crohn's disease has gone from being a massage therapist eking out a living in the back of a health food store to a national figure at the center of the pot debate.
- Judge rules against state in suit over medical marijuana Updated: May-01-15 2:19 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Department of Health may be reviewing its rules for medical marijuana patients after a judge ruled that the agency cannot require them to exhaust "standard treatments" before they receive cannabis.
- CVS Health tops Street forecasts, as 1Q earnings climb 8 pct Updated: May-01-15 12:16 pm
Pricey specialty drugs are helping CVS Health thrive after kicking tobacco sales, with revenue from the treatments pushing first-quarter earnings well above Wall Street expectations for the drugstore chain and pharmacy benefits manager.
- House rejects bid to let VA docs give advice on medical pot Updated: Apr-30-15 7:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The GOP-controlled House Thursday barely rejected a bid by supporters of medical marijuana to permit veterans to receive information about the drug from their government doctors.
- Medicare data show contrast in generic, brand prescribing Updated: Apr-30-15 6:59 pm
WASHINGTON - The most-used medicines in Medicare's prescription drug program are generics, but the program spends the most on brand-name drugs, led by the heartburn treatment Nexium, according to an unprecedented release of government data on Thursday.
- Blueprint Medicines climbs after IPO tops estimates at $147M Updated: Apr-30-15 4:50 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of Blueprint Medicines rose Thursday after the biotech cancer drug developer's initial public offering raised $146.6 million, above its expectations.
- Oklahoma governor signs legislation for cannabis oil trials Updated: Apr-30-15 2:41 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Legislation authorizing medical trials for children with severe forms of epilepsy by using an oil derived from the marijuana plant has been signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin.
- Agreement elusive on Hawaii medical marijuana dispensaries Updated: Apr-29-15 10:50 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers are disagreeing on a bill that would establish an islandwide system of medical marijuana dispensaries.
- Vertex says 1Q sales of cystic fibrosis drug grew 31 percent Updated: Apr-29-15 5:44 pm
BOSTON - Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Wednesday that sales of its cystic fibrosis drug Kalydeco climbed 31 percent in the first quarter.
- Mylan raises offer for Perrigo to $34.1B, or $232 per share Updated: Apr-29-15 1:40 pm
NEW YORK - Generic drugmaker Mylan raised its offer for over-the-counter medicines maker Perrigo Wednesday, but the Irish company again rejected Mylan's overture.
- Minnesota approves 2 labs to test medical pot Updated: Apr-29-15 12:57 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota has approved two labs to test the medical marijuana produced by the two manufacturers the state approved earlier.
- Judge orders Massachusetts marijuana licenses restored Updated: Apr-29-15 7:59 am
BOSTON - A judge has ordered state regulators to allow a company previously headed by former congressman William Delahunt to move forward with plans to open medical marijuana dispensaries in Mashpee and Plymouth.