- Salem City Council to weigh early marijuana sales Updated: Aug-31-15 2:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Salem City Council will have to decide whether to allow "early sales" of recreational marijuana.
- Ruling: Medical pot caregivers must abide by amount limit Updated: Aug-31-15 9:17 am
TUCSON, Arizona - A new Arizona court ruling says medical marijuana caregivers must abide by the legal limit set by state law for how much pot they can possess to provide to qualified registered patients.
- Medical marijuana cultivation center takes shape near Anna Updated: Aug-31-15 4:18 am
ANNA, Illinois - The owner of a southern Illinois medical marijuana cultivation center says he expects his new facility to be complete by next month.
- Governor's marijuana council establishes areas of focus Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A council appointed by Gov. Matt Mead to study the potential impacts of medical marijuana legalization in Wyoming has established specific issues it will focus on.
- Nurse charged with taking away patients' painkillers Updated: Aug-29-15 2:32 pm
SENATOBIA, Mississippi - A nurse from north Mississippi is charged with taking away patients' prescription painkillers.
- Illinois will be first state to lock painkiller pill bottles Updated: Aug-29-15 1:55 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois will be the first state in the country to test out a pilot program that will put locking devices on some prescription painkillers to make it harder for people to abuse the drugs.
- Cedar Falls police have open prescription drug drop-off Updated: Aug-29-15 5:07 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Those in Cedar Falls looking to get rid of unwanted prescription drugs no longer have to wait for scheduled collection events.
- Wicomico County medical marijuana facility proposed Updated: Aug-28-15 9:35 am
HEBRON, Maryland - A company is hoping that its plan to build a medical marijuana growing facility in Wicomico County is one of 15 applications approved by the state of Maryland.
- Doctor fights charges he misled patients about marijuana Updated: Aug-28-15 1:57 am
CHICAGO - Supporters of an Illinois doctor who's in trouble for a marijuana recommendation say his case could have a chilling effect on other doctors' participation in the state's medical cannabis pilot program.
- Amgen wins approval for second biotech cholesterol drug Updated: Aug-27-15 9:12 pm
WASHINGTON - Amgen Inc. has won federal approval for the second medicine in a new class of pricey biotech drugs that reduce artery-clogging cholesterol more than older statin drugs that have been used for decades.
- FDA lays out proposal for naming lower-cost biotech drugs Updated: Aug-27-15 4:00 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration released its proposal Thursday for naming lower-cost biotech drugs, a critical step in creating a market for the new class of medicines.
- Michigan rejects medical marijuana for severe autism Updated: Aug-27-15 3:11 pm
DETROIT - Michigan won't allow the use of medical marijuana to control the effects of severe autism, an official said Thursday, rejecting the recommendation of an advisory panel.
- Nearly 200 patients qualify for medical marijuana registry Updated: Aug-27-15 10:21 am
ATLANTA - Public health officials reported nearly 200 patients have now qualified for Georgia's new medical marijuana registry, with an uptick in the number of doctors now approved to recommend cannabis oil as a treatment.
- Hagerstown medical marijuana-growing facility proposed Updated: Aug-27-15 9:28 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - The president of a newly formed medical marijuana company has proposed an indoor-growing facility in Hagerstown.
- Man sentenced to prison for marijuana growing operation Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 am
PITTSFIELD, Massachusetts - A western Massachusetts man has been sentenced to prison for growing marijuana that he said was for medicinal purposes.
- Study finds peak months for college students' 1st drug use Updated: Aug-27-15 7:11 am
CHICAGO - Parents worried that their college-bound children might succumb to the temptations of campus life may want to take note of a new analysis that found that students tend to experiment with specific types of drugs for the first time during certain times of year.
- Novo Nordisk adding diabetes drug output in NC, Denmark Updated: Aug-26-15 4:47 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Danish drug maker Novo Nordisk said Wednesday it will open new factories in North Carolina and Denmark as pharmaceutical companies seek to keep up with demand for diabetes medications in an increasingly overweight world.
- Federal court backs patent protecting Eli Lilly cancer drug Updated: Aug-26-15 10:13 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Shares of Eli Lilly rose Wednesday after the drugmaker said a federal court upheld a patent protecting one of its top-selling drugs, the cancer treatment Alimta.
- Spirit Lake Tribe declares 'state of emergency' for drugs Updated: Aug-26-15 5:25 am
FORT TOTTEN, North Dakota - Leaders of the Spirit Lake Tribe have declared a "state of emergency," citing rampant drug use and trafficking on the reservation.
- NY doctors' group wants veterans hospitals in drug database Updated: Aug-26-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - A New York doctors' group is urging that Veterans Administration hospitals and medical facilities join the new statewide database intended to prevent patients from getting excess painkiller prescriptions by shopping among multiple physicians.
- Minnesota considers medical marijuana for pain patients Updated: Aug-25-15 3:59 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - State officials are weighing a question that could drastically expand Minnesota's medical marijuana program and offer hope of relief to thousands of residents: Should it allow people with intractable pain to buy the new drug?
- State to hold public hearing on medical marijuana dispensary Updated: Aug-25-15 3:04 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - State and local officials say they're hearing little negative feedback in communities that will soon be home to long-awaited medical marijuana dispensaries, although some residents are seeking reassurance about security.
- Reno's first medical marijuana shop to open Wednesday Updated: Aug-25-15 5:11 am
RENO, Nevada - After 15 years of waiting, Reno's first medical marijuana dispensary is set to open Wednesday.
- 6 companies vie for SW Florida's medical marijuana business Updated: Aug-25-15 3:02 am
FORT MYERS, Florida - The six nursery businesses that have applied to be southwest Florida's medical marijuana dispensing organization are turning to prominent professionals in the Sunshine State and cultivation experts from Colorado who have experience in the pot-growing industry.
- State says Portland's mobile medical marijuana cart illegal Updated: Aug-24-15 11:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - It didn't take long for an entrepreneur to combine two of Portland's favorite things: marijuana and food carts.