- DEA, local law enforcement taking back prescription drugs Updated: Apr-30-16 11:01 am
SEATTLE - The DEA is working with local law enforcement agencies to collect unused, unwanted and expired prescription medicines on Saturday.
- DC police join in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day Updated: Apr-30-16 9:01 am
WASHINGTON - Police in Washington are participating in the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
- Vermont to collect unused, expired prescription drugs Updated: Apr-30-16 8:23 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermonters are encouraged to get rid of expired, unused and unwanted prescription drugs during National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
- Bill allowing medical marijuana for kids clears Senate Updated: Apr-29-16 11:52 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that that would allow minors with certain debilitating conditions to use Connecticut's medical marijuana program has cleared its final legislative hurdle.
- The Latest: Hawaii advances bills on hot classrooms, ferries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:04 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Hawaii Legislature negotiating dozens of bills before a deadline (all times local):
- Hawaii selects businesses for medical pot but excludes actor Updated: Apr-29-16 9:57 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii selected eight businesses Friday to open medical marijuana dispensaries - but not one owned by Woody Harrelson.
- First drug for delusions in Parkinson's patients approved Updated: Apr-29-16 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved an experimental drug to treat psychotic delusions and behaviors that often afflict patients with Parkinson's disease, the debilitating movement disorder.
- New Hampshire's first medical marijuana dispensary to open Updated: Apr-29-16 5:34 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's first medical marijuana dispensary is set to open after receiving its registration certificate.
- Valeant files overdue financial report, ending debt default Updated: Apr-29-16 4:36 pm
Valeant Pharmaceuticals resolved its default on some of its $30 billion in debt by finally filing its long-overdue U.S. financial report for 2015 on Friday. The badly tarnished Canadian drugmaker also announced a slate of mostly new nominees for elections to its board in June.
- Board to review 15 conditions for Illinois medical marijuana Updated: Apr-29-16 6:50 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois patients who want to use medical marijuana legally will try again to expand the program to include chronic pain, diabetes, migraine and other health conditions.
- 5 indicted in Phoenix for marijuana growing scheme Updated: Apr-29-16 5:52 am
PHOENIX - Five people are accused of falsely gaining medical marijuana grower status to illegally sell cannabis in Phoenix.
- Attorney general's office participating in Drug Take-Back Updated: Apr-29-16 5:49 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey's office is participating in the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day on Saturday with a dropoff site at the state Capitol.
- Residents of Iraq's IS-held Fallujah suffer under siege Updated: Apr-29-16 3:55 am
BAGHDAD - Abu Jassim can only afford to provide one meal a day for his seven-member family - usually a stew made of locally grown leafy green vegetables or rice with a small portion of flat bread.
- UK company fined for misleading Australians over painkillers Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
SYDNEY - An Australian court ordered a British consumer goods company on Friday to pay 1.7 million Australian dollars ($1.3 million) in penalties after ruling that the company misled consumers about the effectiveness of a popular painkiller.
- DEA to collect unwanted prescription drugs on Saturday Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana residents who have prescription drugs they no longer want or need can get rid of them on Saturday.
- Investigators look at overdose in Prince death Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Investigators are looking into whether Prince died from an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before he was found dead at his home in suburban Minneapolis, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday.
- State police posts collecting expired, unused prescriptions Updated: Apr-28-16 8:59 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State Police posts statewide are serving as drop-off points for expired, unwanted or unused prescription drugs.
- Hawaii looks to allow psychologists to prescribe drugs Updated: Apr-28-16 8:42 pm
HONOLULU - State lawmakers are poised to make Hawaii one of a handful of states that allow psychologists to prescribe medication in hopes of increasing access to mental health services.
- Amgen posts 1Q sales, profit jumps, raises profit forecasts Updated: Apr-28-16 8:16 pm
Amgen beat and then raised profit expectations after surging sales of its medicines, tight cost controls and other factors lifted the biologic drugmaker's first-quarter profit by 17 percent.
- Gilead 1Q profit tumbles on slower hepatitis C drug sales Updated: Apr-28-16 6:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Gilead Science Inc.'s earnings tumbled more than 17 percent in the first quarter as steeper discounts and rebates on its blockbuster hepatitis C drugs cut into sales.
- Bristol-Myers 1Q sales jump but costs keep its profit flat Updated: Apr-28-16 7:00 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. trounced Wall Street's first-quarter profit expectations as soaring sales of key new medicines offset higher expenses and a big hit from generic competition. Those factors left the drugmaker with a nearly flat profit despite revenue jumping 9 percent, a sales trend that bodes well for the future, and Bristol-Myers hiked its profit forecast significantly.
- Drug companies to pay North Carolina $45M in settlement Updated: Apr-28-16 6:09 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina will receive $45 million in a settlement with drug makers Pfizer and Wyeth.
- Alabama legislature passes medical marijuana oil bill Updated: Apr-27-16 9:16 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama legislature on Wednesday voted to decriminalize medicinal marijuana oil possession.
- Lawmakers blast Valeant for price-gouging tactics Updated: Apr-27-16 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers accused Valeant Pharmaceuticals of gouging patients to reward Wall Street investors during a hearing Wednesday scrutinizing the embattled drugmaker's pricing tactics.
- Attempt to revive talks on medical marijuana fails in House Updated: Apr-27-16 5:03 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - An attempt to revive talks on legislation that would expand medical marijuana access in Iowa has failed in the state House.