- Pot doctor convicted of illegal recommendation Updated: Dec-09-13 3:33 pm
- Pot shops struggle to find child-resistant bags Updated: Dec-08-13 5:49 pm
- New England editorial roundup Updated: Dec-07-13 9:04 am
- FDA approves breakthrough hepatitis C drug Updated: Dec-06-13 5:53 pm
- Pot clinic owner now mayor of California city Updated: Dec-06-13 12:59 pm
- Warwick firm gets OK to help marijuana patients Updated: Dec-06-13 7:31 am
- Colombian pleads not guilty on weapons charge Updated: Dec-05-13 2:55 pm
- Medical marijuana question before Supreme Court Updated: Dec-05-13 12:38 pm
- Lilly depression drug fails in late-stage testing Updated: Dec-05-13 10:35 am
- Jamaica scientist launches medical marijuana firm Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 pm
- Fertility drugs lead to more big multiple births Updated: Dec-04-13 5:19 pm
- Pot license backlog dogs Colorado regulators Updated: Dec-04-13 9:55 am
- Medicines Company buys infection drug developer Updated: Dec-04-13 8:08 am
- Investors cool on biotech IPOs as shares fall Updated: Dec-03-13 6:17 pm
- Police: Doctor said drug error didn't kill Iowan Updated: Dec-03-13 8:16 am
- Iowa lawmaker still seeking medical marijuana law Updated: Dec-01-13 10:32 am
- Views differ on benefits, downfalls of marijuana Updated: Nov-30-13 2:38 pm
- Missoula brothers undergo lung transplants Updated: Nov-30-13 2:07 pm
- Efforts to relax US marijuana laws lose benefactor Updated: Nov-29-13 1:13 pm
- Security guard shot 3 times during Updated: Nov-28-13 1:20 pm
- Mass. activists push to fully legalize marijuana Updated: Nov-28-13 9:29 am
- Court to take look at jobless pay for pot users Updated: Nov-28-13 4:13 am
- Chicago proposes tough rules on medical marijuana Updated: Nov-27-13 4:49 pm
- Obama signs bill for more scrutiny for drug mixers Updated: Nov-27-13 4:19 pm
- Judge: County now lacks zoning law for pot shops Updated: Nov-27-13 7:40 am
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A Loveland doctor who recommended medical marijuana for an undercover officer faces possible prison time. The Coloradoan reports Monday (http://noconow.co/18iPtau) that 75-year-old Dr. Dallas Devere Williams has been convicted of attempting to influence a public servant.
DENVER - Several owners of recreational marijuana businesses in Colorado say they are having a hard time finding vendors that make child-resistant packaging, which will be required when the stores open Jan. 1.
The Boston Globe, Dec. 6, 2013
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved a highly anticipated hepatitis C drug from Gilead Sciences Inc. that is expected to offer a faster, more palatable cure to millions of people infected with the liver-destroying virus.
SEBASTOPOL, California - A medical marijuana dispensary owner has been named mayor of a small Northern California city in the heart of pot country.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Warwick business has received initial state approval to become the first Rhode Island business to help patients seeking to join the state's growing medical marijuana program.
DENVER - A Colombian national has pleaded not guilty in Denver federal court to a weapons charge after his arrest during raids on medical marijuana businesses.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Supreme Court listened to 60 minutes of arguments Thursday over 74 words that could let voters decide whether to allow marijuana use for medical reasons.
INDIANAPOLIS - Eli Lilly said Thursday its depression drug edivoxetine failed in late-stage clinical testing, and it doesn't plan to file for marketing approval of the drug.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A prominent Jamaican scientist and entrepreneur is launching a company that aims to capitalize on medical marijuana, a growing global industry that he asserted Wednesday could be a boon for the island's chronically limping economy.
Triplets-and-more increasingly are the result of drugs given to women to make them produce eggs - not from using multiple embryos from IVF, or lab-dish fertilization, new research shows.
DENVER - As Colorado prepares for recreational pot sales in less than a month, state marijuana regulators are still battling an enormous backlog issuing licenses for medical marijuana.
PARSIPPANY, New Jersey - Medicines Co. has acquired a privately held drugmaker that has developed several potential treatments for serious infections in a deal that could be worth more than $400 million.
Biotech IPOs have gone from hot to cold.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police say a doctor has said that a medicine mix-up didn't contribute to the death of an 89-year-old man at the Rehabilitation Center of Des Moines.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Legalizing medical marijuana will again be debated in the upcoming legislative session, though Iowa lawmakers have so far been loath to embrace a policy that is spreading in much of the country.
DENVER - There are hundreds of strains of marijuana - each containing hundreds of different chemicals - but only one molecule makes much difference, scientists say.
MISSOULA, Montana - For the first time since he was about 7 years old, J.D. Cross walked more than 20 feet on a recent Sunday without having to take a break or rely on an oxygen tank.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - With the death of Cleveland billionaire and philanthropist Peter B. Lewis, the push for relaxed U.S. marijuana laws lost its most generous supporter. That's left supporters wondering what comes next.
PALMDALE, California - A security guard at a medical marijuana dispensary in unincorporated Los Angeles County was shot while trying to prevent a robbery at the business, a sheriff's official said Thursday.
BOSTON - Pro-marijuana activists in Massachusetts have already succeeded in paving the way for dozens of medical marijuana dispensaries and decriminalizing possession of small amounts of the drug.
DETROIT - The Michigan appeals court has agreed to hear two cases to determine whether someone fired for using medical marijuana still can collect unemployment benefits from the state.
CHICAGO - Officials in Chicago have proposed strict regulations about where marijuana can be grown and dispensed in the city when it becomes legal in January.
WASHINGTON - Compounding pharmacies that custom-mix medications in bulk are expected to come under more federal oversight under a bill signed into law Wednesday by President Barack Obama.
PHOENIX - A judge has ruled that Maricopa County now doesn't have an enforceable zoning ordinance limiting where medical marijuana dispensaries can be located.