- CVS meets 4Q profit forecasts, reaffirms 2016 outlook Updated: Feb-09-16 9:57 am
CVS Health's fourth-quarter profit rose 13 percent, as acquisition gains helped the drugstore operator and pharmacy benefits manager meet Wall Street's earnings expectations.
- Facebook restores page for medical marijuana dispensary Updated: Feb-08-16 6:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Facebook has restored the business page of one of three New Jersey medical marijuana dispensaries it shut down last week for violating the social media company's policy against promoting the sale of drugs.
- Senate leader: Utah medical pot plan may not be dead Updated: Feb-08-16 3:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The president of the Utah state Senate says a bill allowing the medical use of edible pot products may not be dead on arrival just because the Mormon church opposes it.
- Correction: Medical Marijuana-Woody Harrelson story Updated: Feb-08-16 1:57 pm
HONOLULU - In a story Feb. 5 about actor Woody Harrelson applying for a medical marijuana license in Hawaii, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of another business seeking a medical marijuana dispensary license. It is Blue Planet Healing, not Blue Planet Foundation.
- State says painkiller prescriptions continue to fall in Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 1:48 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Painkiller prescribing continues to fall in Ohio as health and law enforcement authorities battle a deadly addictions epidemic, according to data released by the state Monday.
- Former Seattle IRS agent to face trial on bribery charge Updated: Feb-07-16 2:38 pm
SEATTLE - A former IRS agent in Seattle is set to face trial this week on accusations that he solicited and received a $20,000 bribe from a medical marijuana dispensary.
- Mormon church comes out against Utah medical marijuana bill Updated: Feb-06-16 11:11 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Mormon church has come out against a Utah bill that would allow the medical use of edible pot products, a position that could be a serious blow to one of two medical marijuana proposals before state lawmakers.
- Nurseries request cultivation authorization in Florida Updated: Feb-06-16 10:48 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The nurseries selected to cultivate and distribute the first medical marijuana in Florida have requested cultivation authorization.
- Congress unites in scorn for Shkreli, but gridlock remains Updated: Feb-05-16 2:59 pm
WASHINGTON - A smirking Martin Shkreli briefly united Democrats and Republicans on Capitol Hill this week, as lawmakers took turns blasting the price-hiking former CEO who has become the new poster child for corporate greed.
- NY medical marijuana program: 551 patients certified so far Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 pm
ALBANY, New York - Some 551 New Yorkers have been certified to obtain medical marijuana, nearly one month after the state's program began.
- Kansas Senate committee passes step therapy legislation Updated: Feb-05-16 11:43 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Senate will consider a bill that would require Medicaid patients to try lower-cost drugs before moving to more expensive treatments.
- Panel OKs second Utah medical marijuana plan of the day Updated: Feb-04-16 9:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A panel of Utah lawmakers approved a bill that would allow tens of thousands of residents with chronic or debilitating conditions to consume edible pot products but bans smoking pot.
- Lawmakers want medical marijuana oversight committee Updated: Feb-04-16 9:29 pm
HONOLULU - With less than five months until medical marijuana dispensaries are up and running, Hawaii lawmakers are considering a bill to create an oversight committee for the future industry.
- The Latest: Lawmakers OK medical marijuana plan Updated: Feb-04-16 8:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on two competing programs Utah lawmakers are considering to allow people to use marijuana for medical reasons. (all times local):
- Bill to let terminally ill use medical marijuana advances Updated: Feb-04-16 5:30 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A proposal to allow terminally ill patients in Florida to use medical marijuana is headed to the Senate floor.
- Alcohol control veteran named to lead state marijuana agency Updated: Feb-04-16 5:30 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown has named a veteran of the state agency that oversees alcohol sales in California to lead a new arm of government that will do the same for medical marijuana.
- Rhode Island governor's medical marijuana tax draws fire Updated: Feb-04-16 5:21 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo is drawing fire over a proposal to require Rhode Island growers to buy tags from the state for plants they cultivate and to reduce the number they may own by half.
- Drug exec takes the Fifth on Capitol Hill, angers lawmakers Updated: Feb-04-16 4:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Infuriating members of Congress, a smirking Martin Shkreli took the Fifth at a Capitol Hill hearing Thursday when asked about his jacking up of drug prices, then promptly went on Twitter and insulted his questioners as "imbeciles."
- Drug-price proposal sent to Ohio lawmakers to consider Updated: Feb-04-16 2:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposal aimed at controlling the price Ohio pays for prescription drugs has been sent to state lawmakers for consideration.
- Senators visit Cincinnati to hear medical marijuana opinions Updated: Feb-04-16 3:15 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Two state senators are stopping in Cincinnati as part of an effort to gather public opinions about medical marijuana.
- Facebook shuts down medical marijuana pages in New Jersey Updated: Feb-03-16 8:45 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three of New Jersey's five medical marijuana dispensaries have had their business pages shutdown by Facebook, cutting off what advocates call an integral place for customers to learn about which plant strains best treat their illness and where to find discounts.
- Secretary of state rejects medical marijuana ballot measure Updated: Feb-03-16 7:06 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Secretary of State Shantel Krebs says her office has rejected a ballot measure to allow people with serious medical conditions to use marijuana.
- Lawmakers pass bills to give pharmacists discretion Updated: Feb-03-16 6:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana lawmakers passed similar, competing bills Wednesday aimed at giving pharmacists the ability to prevent methamphetamine cooks from buying pseudoephedrine, a common ingredient in the illegal drug.
- Illinois medical marijuana patients now number 4,400 Updated: Feb-03-16 5:26 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois is continuing to approve patients to use medical marijuana, with about 400 more approval letters sent in January.
- Former owner of Denver pot shop pleads guilty to possession Updated: Feb-03-16 4:39 pm
DENVER - A former owner of a Denver medical marijuana dispensary has pleaded guilty in connection with federal raids on Colorado pot businesses.