- Conn. poll shows support for assisted suicide Updated: Mar-06-14 12:45 pm
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:47 am
- House approves bill targeting assisted suicide Updated: Feb-25-14 6:17 pm
- Pa. AG will drop daughter's assisted-suicide case Updated: Feb-24-14 7:52 pm
- Iowa funeral home dog helps ease grief Updated: Feb-22-14 6:26 pm
- Okla. House OKs bill on infant hospice services Updated: Feb-20-14 11:37 am
- Daughter recounts ordeal of aided-suicide case Updated: Feb-16-14 1:29 pm
- Maine inmates find redemption through hospice care Updated: Feb-16-14 11:41 am
- Hospice worker: I was fired after getting cancer Updated: Feb-15-14 1:36 pm
- Belgian lawmakers extend euthanasia to children Updated: Feb-13-14 3:57 pm
- Belgian lawmakers clash over child euthanasia bill Updated: Feb-12-14 3:10 pm
- Assisted suicide charge dropped against Pa. woman Updated: Feb-11-14 7:40 pm
- Former Dutch health minister Els Borst found dead Updated: Feb-11-14 9:08 am
- LHC to acquire New Orleans hospice company Updated: Feb-10-14 12:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A poll indicates there's strong support in Connecticut for legislation that would allow doctors to prescribe medication to help terminally ill patients end their lives.
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Dr. Sherwin Nuland, a medical ethicist who opposed assisted suicide and wrote an award-winning book about death called "How We Die," has died at age 83.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a bill that aims to make it easier to prosecute people who help someone commit suicide.
PHILADELPHIA - Pennsylvania's attorney general won't appeal a recent ruling that clears a nurse of assisted-suicide charges in her elderly father's death.
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa - A Marshalltown funeral home has added a four-legged staff member to help people deal with the grief of losing loved ones.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma House has approved legislation requiring abortion providers to notify women whose fetuses have fatal conditions that hospice services are available as an alternative to an abortion.
PHILADELPHIA - Barbara Mancini, speaking out for the first time, described the afternoon when she was arrested for assisted suicide, and when her father was revived against his wishes, as "a surreal nightmare."
WARREN, Maine - Steve Carpentier still sees the face in his dreams: Delirious and agitated, a dying inmate at the Maine State Prison cried out over and over that he was drowning.
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Hospice of Palm Beach County raised its CEO's pay 30 percent to $710,537 the same year a mother of three said the organization fired her because she could work only 30 hours a week while fighting breast cancer - a situation the hospice's founder called "outrageous."
BRUSSELS - Belgian lawmakers voted overwhelmingly on Thursday to extend the country's euthanasia law to children under 18.
BRUSSELS - Belgian lawmakers clashed sharply on Wednesday over whether to grant terminally ill children the right to ask to die, a legal option already possessed by the country's adults.
A Pennsylvania judge threw out an assisted suicide charge Tuesday against a nurse accused of handing her 93-year-old terminally ill father a bottle of morphine, a decision that brought elation and relief to the defendant and her family one year to the day after his death.
AMSTERDAM - Dutch police say the country's former health minister - a woman who drafted the nation's landmark 2002 law permitting euthanasia - has been found dead in her garage. They have ruled out natural causes.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette-based home nursing giant LHC Group Inc. said Monday it will has signed a deal to acquire a New Orleans hospice company and has bought home health companies in Tompkinsville, Kentucky, and Valley, Alabama