- California condor that appeared on postage stamp euthanized Updated: May-04-15 1:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A prolific California condor that represented endangered wildlife on a 1996 postage stamp has been euthanized after months of treatment for cancer.
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas Updated: May-01-15 9:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Blues legend B.B. King was in hospice care Friday at his home in Las Vegas, according to a longtime business associate with legal control over his affairs.
- South African judge grants terminally ill man right to die Updated: Apr-30-15 3:14 pm
JOHANNESBURG - A terminally ill man died of natural causes shortly after he was granted the right to end his life in South Africa, where euthanasia is illegal, a lobbying group said Thursday.
- Woman, 98, gets birthday wish: horse-drawn carriage ride Updated: Apr-20-15 1:08 pm
MCMINNVILLE, Oregon - A 98-year-old McMinnville woman in hospice care had her birthday wish fulfilled Sunday: a horse-drawn carriage ride through downtown McMinnville surrounded by a handful of caregivers who have long since become friends.
- Laramie hospice volunteers provide vital service Updated: Apr-17-15 6:40 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Greta Jakstonyte sees her work as a hospice volunteer as an opportunity to help transform a difficult journey.
- Study: More people engaged in end-of-life planning Updated: Apr-17-15 5:11 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Research at the University of Missouri indicates that more people are talking in advance about end-of-life wishes with their aged loved ones.
- Alaska lawmakers discuss right-to-die legislation Updated: Apr-09-15 9:19 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A state House committee heard mixed responses to legislation that would allow terminally ill patients to choose to end their lives with the help of physicians.
- Bill introduced to allow terminally ill to end their lives Updated: Apr-07-15 2:21 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Lawmakers will consider whether to allow terminally-ill people to end their lives with prescription drugs.