- For gadfly Hooker, cancer is 'a jolt' but also opportunity Updated: Nov-24-15 12:01 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The ups and downs of John Jay Hooker are the stuff of Nashville legend.
- Nevada court tells hospital not to pull plug in Reno case Updated: Nov-20-15 2:50 am
RENO, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court ruled that a Reno hospital must keep a 20-year-old comatose college student on life-support, pending a review of the legality of a medical standard used to determine she was brain dead.
- Utah lawmakers planning bill to defund Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-18-15 6:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two Utah lawmakers said Wednesday they're planning to propose legislation that would defund Planned Parenthood in the state and restrict late-term abortions.
- Germany passes law allowing some types of assisted suicide Updated: Nov-06-15 8:05 am
BERLIN - German lawmakers passed a bill Friday allowing assisted suicide for "altruistic motives" but banning the practice in cases where it is being conducted on a "business" basis.
- Woman faces dilemma in sending terminally ill son to school Updated: Nov-03-15 1:44 pm
ATHENS, Alabama - An Alabama teen with a terminal heart condition has not returned to school after a spate of hospitalizations because of what his mother says is a dispute with school officials about how he might die.
- Medicare to cover end-of-life counseling Updated: Oct-30-15 5:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Medicare said Friday it will pay doctors to help patients plan what kind of care they want at the end of life - an idea more broadly accepted than six years ago, when it touched off a political uproar about "death panels."
- California appeals court rejects right-to-die lawsuit Updated: Oct-29-15 6:40 pm
SAN DIEGO - A California appeals court on Thursday rejected a lawsuit by three terminally ill patients that sought to clear the way for doctors to prescribe fatal medication to them and others like them who want the option of taking their lives.