- C. Ind. mayor dies after suffering liver cancer Updated: Dec-10-13 1:41 pm
- Dying Iowa inmate released from prison to hospice Updated: Dec-10-13 12:10 pm
- Courts: Idaho case computer system at end of life Updated: Dec-10-13 9:40 am
- Trial over New Mexico 'right-to-die' law to begin Updated: Dec-09-13 9:40 am
- Terminally ill Iowa inmate gets parole for hospice Updated: Dec-03-13 1:25 pm
- Mo. man dying of cancer gets his Star Wars wish Updated: Nov-28-13 11:46 am
- Legislative panels approve youth euthanasia bill Updated: Nov-27-13 8:02 am
- Pa. man gets prison for assisting overdose suicide Updated: Nov-25-13 12:47 pm
- KU student newspaper writer resigns over column Updated: Nov-22-13 12:03 pm
- 19-year-old lioness at Evansville zoo euthanized Updated: Nov-22-13 10:09 am
- MU offers grief counseling to pet owners Updated: Nov-22-13 5:04 am
GREENFIELD, Indiana - The mayor of a central Indiana city has died just days after his family said he had ended treatment for a recurrence of liver cancer and was in home hospice care.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A dying Iowa inmate sentenced to life in prison when she was a teenager has been released into hospice care.
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Supreme Court says the state's computerized case filing system is becoming obsolete and a replacement is needed.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A legal challenge to a decades-old New Mexico law that prohibits physicians from helping terminally ill patients die is set to go to trial.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A dying Iowa inmate who was 15 when she entered prison will spend her final days in a hospice facility, a state board ruled Tuesday in granting her unprecedented parole.
CARTERVILLE, Missouri - A southwest Missouri man dying of brain cancer has received his Star Wars wish.
BRUSSELS - Two committees of the Belgian Senate say the country's law permitting euthanasia should also apply to children in certain cases.
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - A western Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to one to five years in prison for helping a woman purposely overdose on prescription medications then slowing the police response to ensure she'd die.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A columnist for the University Daily Kansan has resigned after editors learned the substance of one of his recent columns matched that of an article published earlier in a British newspaper.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - A lioness that lived at Evansville's zoo for 16 years has been euthanized after officials say her health had been failing.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Grieving pet owners can now receive counseling through a new University of Missouri program.