- Suicides rare in young children; rate edged up in black boys Updated: May-18-15 11:21 am
CHICAGO - Suicides by young children are rare and the low rate has held mostly stable except for a troubling increase among black boys, two decades of U.S. data show.
- New law encourages suicide prevention training for teachers Updated: May-14-15 6:32 pm
HELENA, Montana - In the state with the worst suicide rate in the nation, Montana now has a law aimed at helping to curb suicide among young people.
- Senate mandates suicide prevention training for teachers Updated: May-12-15 2:39 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Senate has voted to require public school teachers to undergo two hours of annual training on suicide prevention.
- Gun shops targeted in suicide prevention campaign in Tenn. Updated: May-10-15 2:13 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network is targeting gun shops as part of its public awareness campaign to try to prevent deaths.
- Suicide-prevention fence planned on George Washington Bridge Updated: May-07-15 2:56 pm
FORT LEE, New Jersey - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has confirmed plans to install a suicide-prevention fence on the George Washington Bridge, but not until 2024.
- Ex-Detroit Lion quarterback speaks about suicide prevention Updated: May-01-15 3:56 am
LANSING, Michigan - Former Detroit Lion quarterback Eric Hipple is working to raise awareness of suicide prevention at a conference this week.