- San Diego council endorses anti-suicide study for bridge Updated: Apr-26-16 10:41 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego City Council has called for a study on ways to prevent suicides on the landmark San Diego-Coronado Bridge.
- Retired general and wife on mission to prevent suicide Updated: Apr-18-16 10:01 am
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - After losing one son to suicide and another to a roadside bomb in Iraq just eight months later, Maj. Gen. (Ret.) Mark Graham implored those gathered inside Central Connecticut State University's Torp Theatre last week (April 11) to help banish the stigma surrounding suicide and mental illness among veterans and military service members.
- New Mexico asks primary care to help with suicide prevention Updated: Apr-15-16 2:53 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico officials are turning to primary care doctors to help lower the state's suicide rate.
- Ohio governor announces suicide prevention initiatives Updated: Apr-14-16 1:57 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State officials are hoping more research, access to around-the-clock crisis hotlines and efforts to end the stigma of suicide will help reduce the hundreds of lives lost when people kill themselves each year in Ohio.
- Illinois group wants to prevent veteran suicides Updated: Apr-13-16 6:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A task force aimed at preventing suicide deaths among veterans will begin meeting next month in Illinois.
- Canada holds emergency debate on aboriginal suicide crisis Updated: Apr-12-16 9:20 pm
TORONTO - Canada's Parliament held an emergency debate Tuesday on a suicide crisis in a remote aboriginal community after 11 people, nine of them minors, attempted suicide over the weekend and more than a dozen youths were overheard making a suicide pact.