- Novartis, Amgen partner on Alzheimer's, migraine treatment Updated: Sep-02-15 4:46 am
GENEVA - Swiss drug maker Novartis says it will cooperate with California-based biotech giant Amgen to develop and sell neuroscience treatments for illnesses and ailments like Alzheimer's disease and migraine headaches.
- Obese at 50? Midlife weight may affect when Alzheimer's hits Updated: Sep-01-15 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - One more reason to watch the waistline: New research says people's weight in middle age may influence not just whether they go on to develop Alzheimer's disease, but when.
- UF, Mount Sinai partner in new Alzheimer's research center Updated: Sep-01-15 3:05 am
MIAMI - Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida and the University of Florida are partnering to open an Alzheimer's Disease Research Center.
- After 60 years of research, McLaughlin faces new challenge Updated: Aug-29-15 5:05 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Since its 1954 inception as a small research laboratory in out-of-the-way Great Falls, Montana, the McLaughlin Research Institute has grown to a highly respected biomedical research center whose scientists' research has been cited as contributing to the work of two Nobel Prize winners for physiology or medicine.
- Utah man dies from plague in 4th fatal case in US this year Updated: Aug-27-15 4:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Utah man in his 70s has died after contracting the plague, bringing to four the number of deaths from the disease reported in the United States this year, health officials said Thursday.
- Report: Nearly 47 million people now have dementia Updated: Aug-25-15 6:17 am
LONDON - Health researchers say there are now nearly 47 million people living with dementia globally, up from 35 million in 2009. They warned that without a medical breakthrough, numbers will likely double every 20 years.
- Michigan agency launches website for aging residents Updated: Aug-24-15 4:43 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Several state agencies teamed up to launch a new website offering easy access to information about services available to aging Michigan residents.
- Owen Wilson says his father suffers from Alzheimer's Updated: Aug-23-15 4:01 pm
DALLAS - Dallas-born actor Owen Wilson says that while his father having Alzheimer's disease is "a rough thing," he also knows that there are things to be grateful for, including that his father is being cared for at home and has people around who love him.
- University of Rhode Island given $2.5M for elderly patients Updated: Aug-23-15 10:14 am
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, Rhode Island - The University of Rhode Island has been awarded a $2.5 million grant to implement a health care program that will help elderly patients.
- Widow continues the effort to help fund Alzheimer's research Updated: Aug-23-15 9:52 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - This session of Congress could bring some peace to Kathy Siggins, who wants to see an end to the kind of frantic uncertainty that Alzheimer's disease generates.
- Rowan University receives $2.55M federal health care grant Updated: Aug-14-15 4:55 am
GLASSBORO, New Jersey - Rowan University has received a $2.55 million federal grant to better prepare New Jersey health care workers to take care of the growing elderly population.
- 2 aides charged with posting videos of elderly patients Updated: Aug-11-15 10:11 pm
LOWELL, Massachusetts - Two nurses' aides have been charged with posting humiliating videos of their elderly nursing home patients online.
- Alzheimer's Association looks to record life stories Updated: Aug-10-15 11:28 am
SOUTH BERWICK, Maine - The Alzheimer's Association is looking to record the life stories of those living with the disease in Maine.
- New law will help locate missing Alzheimer's patients Updated: Aug-07-15 6:18 pm
CHICAGO - A new Illinois law will provide law enforcement with additional tools to help find people with Alzheimer's or dementia when they go missing.
- Assisted living center at Topeka's VA campus to open in fall Updated: Aug-06-15 3:14 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Veterans Administration plans to open an assisted living center on its Topeka campus for veterans with mild dementia.
- University of Southern California gets Alzheimer's funds Updated: Aug-05-15 1:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - Pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly says it will shift research funding from UC San Diego to the University of Southern California to test an experimental Alzheimer's drug - a blow to UCSD in its fight for control of a project to fight the disease.
- Vos creates task forces on Alzheimer's, urban education Updated: Aug-04-15 12:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos has created three bipartisan task forces to issue recommendations for law changes in the coming months.
- Arkansas governor names new senior health policy adviser Updated: Aug-03-15 4:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson has hired a staffer for fellow Republican U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton as his new senior health policy adviser.