- The Latest: Democrats' effort to adds KidsCare fails Updated: May-03-16 10:26 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on Arizona's budget (all times local):
- Officials say chickenpox reported at Buncombe County academy Updated: May-03-16 4:28 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - School officials in Buncombe County are notifying parents after five cases of chickenpox were reported at a local academy.
- Health officials put 4 under home quarantine for measles Updated: May-03-16 1:18 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi officials are monitoring four residents exposed to measles in Tennessee.
- CDC: Preschoolers with ADHD often given drugs before therapy Updated: May-03-16 1:16 pm
NEW YORK - Too many preschoolers with ADHD still are being put on drugs right away, before behavior therapy is tried, health officials say.
- Tests show child with Elizabethkingia has different strain Updated: May-03-16 10:56 am
MILWAUKEE - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin says lab tests show that a child diagnosed with Elizabethkingia (ee-LIZ'-ah-beth-KING'-ee-ah) is not connected to the strain that has caused an outbreak of the bloodstream infection in Wisconsin.
- Study: Football concussions and resuming play vary by age Updated: May-02-16 9:50 pm
CHICAGO - Younger football players are more likely to return to the field less than a day after suffering concussions than those in high school and college, according to a new study.
- Iowa dental school apologizes for laughing gas mix-up Updated: May-02-16 3:24 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - More than 120 children may have received too much laughing gas during recent procedures at a University of Iowa clinic, the school said Monday.
- Portraits proclaim 'changing narrative' of childhood cancer Updated: May-02-16 9:33 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two words, five syllables, thrust Sumbul Naqvi into a dark depression.
- Monkey bars alert: Playground concussions are on the rise Updated: May-02-16 8:22 am
CHICAGO - Playground concussions are on the rise, according to a new government study, and monkey bars and swings are most often involved.
- County hospital struggling with youth mental health crisis Updated: May-01-16 12:31 pm
COOS COUNTY, Oregon - Health officials in Coos County say suicide attempts and other mental health crises in children are increasing, but the local hospital is struggling to meet the need.
- Tupelo schools are told to plan for special-needs student Updated: May-01-16 12:12 pm
TUPELO, Mississippi - State education officials are requiring the Tupelo school district to develop a plan for how it will meet the physical and educational needs of a student who has cerebral palsy.
- Search for help a key to dealing with child's autism Updated: Apr-30-16 2:09 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Kelly Thompson grieves for the days before her 6-year-old son Wyatt became a full-time student. Those long, lazy days she enjoyed spending at home with her little boy.
- Man booked in death of toddler in Jefferson Parish Updated: Apr-30-16 1:46 pm
MARRERO, Louisiana - A Jefferson Parish man has been booked on a second-degree murder charge after his girlfriend's 2-year-old son died of head injuries.
- School employee accused of slapping boy enters guilty plea Updated: Apr-30-16 1:29 pm
CALDWELL, Idaho - A former speech therapist at a Caldwell elementary school has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor injury to a child.
- 'Still Pam': Life with ALS Updated: Apr-30-16 2:05 am
HAVRE, Montana - Everything you do you will eventually do for the last time.
- Bill allowing medical marijuana for kids clears Senate Updated: Apr-29-16 11:52 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that that would allow minors with certain debilitating conditions to use Connecticut's medical marijuana program has cleared its final legislative hurdle.
- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Arkansas Board of Health gives approval of abortion phrase Updated: Apr-29-16 1:50 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Board of Health has given preliminary approval to regulations defining abortion as the "death of the unborn child," phrasing that the board attempted to remove from the rules earlier this year.
- SUV crashes into day care center, pinning toddler Updated: Apr-29-16 10:51 am
BILLERICA, Massachusetts - Massachusetts police say a driver having a medical episode struck several cars and crashed through the wall of a day care center, pinning a toddler beneath the vehicle.
- House OKs $38.8B general spending bill with more for roads Updated: Apr-27-16 7:12 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan would spend more on road construction, expanded health coverage for the poor and a criminal investigation into Flint's lead-contaminated water crisis under a $38.8 billion general budget bill approved Wednesday by the House.
- $10M Sanderson gift starts $100M drive for children's health Updated: Apr-25-16 8:17 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The CEO of Mississippi's largest publicly held company is pledging $10 million toward the expansion of pediatric medical facilities at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Colorado vaccine database proposal fails for the year Updated: Apr-25-16 2:51 pm
DENVER - Colorado won't be starting a database this year to track kids who have not been vaccinated.
- 'I am here' - Silenced by autism, young man finds his voice Updated: Apr-25-16 12:14 am
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Benjamin Alexander cannot speak, but he is determined to be heard. He cannot type without a hand to support his, and yet he writes and writes, his inner voice shouting out his thoughts. He returns repeatedly to the "fiend" that tried to silence him, the autism he sarcastically calls his "gift."
- Autistic boy can't speak, but he sure loves his words Updated: Apr-24-16 10:39 am
LAKE STEVENS, Washington - They hung out on the back deck, just the two of them: the boy who couldn't speak and his mother who was desperate to give him words.
- Autistic teen missing from NYC school rescued from water Updated: Apr-23-16 11:22 pm
NEW YORK - Police say a non-verbal autistic teenager reported missing from his school in Brooklyn has been rescued by officers who found him naked in the water near Coney Island.