- Georgia man gets 6 months in prison in airline ticket scam Updated: May-18-15 7:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Georgia man who posed as an airline employee to make cut-rate reservations then resold the tickets for thousands of dollars has been sentenced in Los Angeles to six months in prison.
- Top 3 US airlines step up attack on Middle Eastern carriers Updated: May-15-15 6:04 pm
Leaders of the three largest U.S. airlines are stepping up their attack against Middle Eastern competitors that they say get unfair government subsidies.
- Frontier Airlines CEO steps down citing personal reasons Updated: May-13-15 5:35 pm
DALLAS - The CEO of Frontier Airlines resigned and was replaced by the carrier's chairman and president, who vowed to improve a record of frequent flight delays and customer complaints.
- Complaints against airlines rise, Frontier ranks worst Updated: May-11-15 8:28 pm
DALLAS - Consumer complaints against airlines are rising even as the carriers get slightly better at staying on schedule.
- 12 times this year people tried to open plane doors in China Updated: May-11-15 8:53 am
BEIJING - Chinese air travelers have tried opening emergency doors without authorization 12 times in barely four months on planes that were taxiing or at a standstill, and one man was put on trial in the country's first such legal case, the Civil Aviation Administration of China said Monday.
- New Malaysia Air CEO vows turnaround for battered airline Updated: May-08-15 10:06 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The new CEO of Malaysia Airlines said its financial situation is more challenging than anticipated and it will shrink in size as it tries to overcome a tarnished image with the travel industry and the public.
- American becomes 2nd US airline to use Boeing's 787 Updated: May-07-15 6:29 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - American has joined the list of airlines flying the Boeing 787 jet, which it hopes will appeal to passengers and open new, profitable international routes.
- Airline trade group wants more uniform rules on child seats Updated: May-06-15 5:59 pm
PARIS - So you're headed off to a foreign destination with your family, hauling a car seat or similar device for your infant to occupy for the hours-long flight. But once abroad, the corresponding airline says the device isn't authorized in that country and must be checked, making for a frustrating connection.
- Airlines bring in more money from bag, reservations fees Updated: May-04-15 6:44 pm
U.S. airlines are earning billions, and they are collecting more in fees on checked bags and reservation changes.
- Airlines bring in more money from bag, reservations fees Updated: May-04-15 4:15 pm
U.S. airlines are earning billions, and they're collecting more in fees on checked bags and reservation changes.
- Alaska Airlines adds flights from Seattle to Charleston SC Updated: Apr-28-15 10:08 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Alaska Airlines is beginning nonstop flights from its Seattle hub to Charleston in November.
- Elvis Presley's planes to remain at Graceland Updated: Apr-27-15 8:55 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - It looks like Elvis Presley's airplanes are staying at Graceland after all.