- Serena Williams' Wimbledon starts slow; Venus wins 6-0, 6-0 Updated: Jun-29-15 4:50 pm
LONDON - As has become customary for Serena Williams of late, she got off to a rocky start.
- The Latest: Stephens wins 1st-round match at Wimbledon Updated: Jun-29-15 4:12 pm
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- 2002 champ Hewitt loses in 1st round at his last Wimbledon Updated: Jun-29-15 3:22 pm
LONDON - The last Wimbledon singles contest of 2002 champion Lleyton Hewitt's career was a back-and-forth, 4-hour tussle in which he saved three match points before finally succumbing 11-9 in the fifth set.
- David Ferrer withdraws from Wimbledon with wrist injury Updated: Jun-28-15 8:36 am
LONDON - Spanish player David Ferrer has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of an elbow injury.
- Bencic wins Eastbourne final for 1st WTA title Updated: Jun-27-15 11:48 am
EASTBOURNE, England - Swiss teenager Belinda Bencic won her first title by beating Agnieszka Radwanska 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 in the Eastbourne final on Saturday, enhancing her burgeoning reputation ahead of Wimbledon.
- Djokovic avoids Federer, Murray, Nadal in Wimbledon draw Updated: Jun-26-15 7:21 am
LONDON - Defending champion Novak Djokovic avoided his three biggest traditional rivals in the Wimbledon draw on Friday as the other members of tennis' "Big Four" were all placed on the opposite side.
- Simon, Mayer lose in quarterfinals at Nottingham Open Updated: Jun-25-15 4:05 pm
NOTTINGHAM, England - Gilles Simon and Leonardo Mayer were eliminated from the grass-court Nottingham Open, leaving an unlikely lineup for the semifinals omn Thursday.
- Former Oklahoma State tennis player qualifies for Wimbledon Updated: Jun-25-15 2:52 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Former Oklahoma State tennis player Oleksandr Nedovyesov has qualified for Wimbledon.
- 2-time champ Rafael Nadal seeded No. 10 for Wimbledon Updated: Jun-24-15 6:57 am
LONDON - Two-time champion Rafael Nadal was seeded No. 10 for Wimbledon on Wednesday, his lowest seeding ever at the All England Club.
- Australian Nick Kyrgios splits with coach Todd Larkham Updated: Jun-22-15 6:54 pm
SYDNEY - Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios has split with coach Todd Larkham less than a week before the start of Wimbledon, saying on his website Tuesday that the pair "mutually agreed" to part ways.
- Wimbledon champ Kvitova out of Eastbourne through illness Updated: Jun-22-15 11:46 am
EASTBOURNE, England - Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova pulled out of the Eastbourne grass-court tournament on Monday because of illness, disrupting her preparations for the defense of her title at the All England Club starting next week.
- Pliskova, Kerber to meet in WTA Birmingham final Updated: Jun-20-15 2:42 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic reached her first grass-court final when she beat Kristina Mladenovic of France 6-2, 7-6 (6) in the Aegon Classic on Saturday.
- Tsonga doubtful for Wimbledon with abdominal injury Updated: Jun-19-15 11:35 am
PARIS - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has pulled out of the Nottingham Open with an abdominal injury, casting doubts on his participation at Wimbledon.
- Hewitt and Mahut granted Wimbledon wild cards Updated: Jun-17-15 6:53 am
LONDON - Lleyton Hewitt will be making his final main draw appearance at Wimbledon after the 2002 champion was granted a wild card for the singles tournament by the All England Club on Wednesday.
- Boris Becker to seek British citizenship 'eventually' Updated: Jun-10-15 3:39 pm
LONDON - Boris Becker says he enjoys living in Wimbledon so much that he's going to apply for British citizenship at some point in the future.
- Fendrich on Tennis: Williams' Slam bid moves on to Wimbledon Updated: Jun-08-15 11:45 am
PARIS - Serena Williams was only a few hours' removed from her second major trophy of 2015, putting her halfway to a true Grand Slam, when she expressed a wish for a particular outcome in the following day's men's final at the French Open.
- Tennis career Grand Slam winner Doris Hart dies at 89 Updated: May-30-15 3:28 pm
MIAMI - Tennis great Doris Hart, who won each Grand Slam tournament at least once, and once won three Wimbledon titles in a single day, has died.