- Pending US home sales jump to strongest level in 9 years Updated: May-28-15 10:46 am
WASHINGTON - Americans signed contracts to buy homes in April at the fastest pace in nearly nine years, evidence that steady job growth is strengthening the real estate market.
- US jobless aid applications rose last week; total still low Updated: May-28-15 9:07 am
WASHINGTON - More Americans sought unemployment benefits last week, though the overall level remains low and points to a healthy job market.
- US home prices rose at steady pace in March from year ago Updated: May-26-15 11:10 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose at a steady pace in March, pushed higher by a limited supply of houses for sale.
- US new-home sales jump in April Updated: May-26-15 10:48 am
WASHINGTON - More Americans bought new homes in April - evidence that the stronger job market is powering the housing sector.
- California home prices, sales rise in April Updated: May-21-15 5:33 pm
SAN DIEGO - California home prices climbed to a new 7 1/2-year high in April as low interest rates and job growth lured buyers, a research firm said Thursday. Sales were brisk.
- US home sales slide in April amid listing shortage Updated: May-21-15 1:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Sales of existing U.S. homes slipped in April due mainly to relatively few listings and rising prices, providing evidence of the housing sector's uneven recovery.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage slips to 3.84 percent Updated: May-21-15 11:24 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates edged slightly lower this week after rising for three straight weeks.
- Lowe's 1Q profit up on sales growth, but still disappoints Updated: May-20-15 10:53 am
MOORESVILLE, North Carolina - Lowe's sales and profit rose in the first quarter as the housing market began to thaw, but the performance was far from what Wall Street had expected and shares slid 4 percent Wednesday.
- Surge in home construction is lifting hopes for US economy Updated: May-19-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. housing market has given a sudden jolt to what appeared to be a slumping economy.
- Home Depot nails it in 1Q as housing rebound emerges Updated: May-19-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - A busy spring pushed Home Depot's first-quarter profit and revenue above Wall Street expectations and the home improvement retailer raised its projections for both in 2015.
- Real estate market slows, but doesn't stop, in Ferguson Updated: May-19-15 5:56 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - Despite all the unrest in the streets of Ferguson, the St. Louis County town's real estate market is holding its own.
- US homebuilders' confidence in sales prospects ebbs Updated: May-18-15 10:40 am
U.S. homebuilders are feeling slightly less confident about their sales prospects, a reflection of the sluggish start to this spring's home-selling season.
- First-time buyers face hurdles to homeownership this spring Updated: May-12-15 11:31 am
Young people aspiring to buy their first home are already facing disappointment this year.
- Why homebuyers face a tough spring Updated: May-11-15 7:41 am
Eager to buy your first home this spring? Already own, but want to trade up? Be warned: there'll be plenty of competition
- Connecticut based company says 'smart homes' on the rise Updated: May-09-15 3:06 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Phil de Terlizzi likens today's rapid proliferation of smartphone apps to the widespread use of remote controls for TVs and cable boxes that still clutter many coffee tables more than 65 years after the first ones hit the market.
- Association says Va. 1Q home sales up 6.3 percent from 2014 Updated: May-05-15 11:40 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Association of REALTORS says home sales in the state increased by 6.3 percent in the first quarter compared to the same period in 2014.