- Houses sold in Rhode Island rises 6 percent for May Updated: Jun-30-15 12:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The number of houses sold in Rhode Island rose 6 percent in May, while the median sales price of $227,500 represents a 9 percent increase from a year ago.
- 8 homes vacated after '03 plant accident will be up for sale Updated: Jun-30-15 11:18 am
HOLLEY, New York - Eight abandoned homes will go on the market more than a decade after the owners moved out of their western New York neighborhood because of a chemical accident.
- US pending home sales climb to 9-year high Updated: Jun-29-15 10:41 am
WASHINGTON - More Americans signed contracts to purchase homes in May, as pending sales climbed to their highest level in more than nine years.
- St. Paul home where Fitzgerald once lived up for sale Updated: Jun-28-15 5:20 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A St. Paul home where Jazz Age author F. Scott Fitzgerald once lived is up for sale.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jun-26-15 6:29 am
All times are Eastern
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage edges up to 4.02 pct. Updated: Jun-25-15 11:09 am
WASHINGTON - Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates were mixed this week, marking slight increases or declines but remaining close to high levels for the year.
- US consumers ramp up May spending; largest gain since 2009 Updated: Jun-25-15 10:01 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumer spending surged in May with the biggest monthly increase in nearly six years - a sign of stronger economic growth ahead.
- US economy not as bad in 1st quarter, paving way for rebound Updated: Jun-24-15 11:25 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy contracted in the first three months of the year, just not as much as previously estimated. More recent data show that the weakness was largely temporary, with a rebound in the works for the April-June quarter.
- Baton Rouge area home sales drop nearly 8 percent in May Updated: Jun-23-15 11:28 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge dropped 7.6 percent in May from a year ago, a decline that real estate experts are blaming on tight inventory.
- US new-home sales in May climb to best levels since 2008 Updated: Jun-23-15 10:45 am
WASHINGTON - Purchases of new U.S. homes surged in the Northeast and West in May, as steady job growth over the past year has lifted the real estate sector.
- Sales of single-family homes in Massachusetts drops Updated: Jun-23-15 7:41 am
BOSTON - Sales of single-family homes in Massachusetts declined last month when compared to May 2014, a drop that one organization that tracks the market attributes to low inventory.
- Here's why home sales are finally surging Updated: Jun-22-15 5:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Real estate has gotten hot again.
- Maine home sales increased steadily in May, realtors say Updated: Jun-22-15 1:11 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Association of Realtors says home values and sales volume increased steadily in May.
- California home sales rise; median price tops $400,000 Updated: Jun-18-15 4:53 pm
IRVINE, California - California home sales continued their year-over-year rise last month as the state recovers from its housing slump. The median price of homes hit $401,000 statewide and $650,000 in the San Francisco Bay Area, a real estate research firm reported Thursday.
- Homebuilders Standard Pacific, Ryland Group agree to merger Updated: Jun-14-15 11:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Standard Pacific Corp. and Ryland Group Inc. have agreed to merge in an all-stock transaction that will create a single homebuilder with operations in 17 states.