- New $4.5M lab battles to save Devil's Hole pupfish Updated: Dec-05-13 2:06 pm
- Scientists try more sophisticated salmon tagging Updated: Dec-01-13 6:40 am
- Only 1 right whale spotted in Gulf of Maine Updated: Nov-30-13 9:46 am
- Researchers say Arctic Ocean leaking methane Updated: Nov-29-13 6:16 pm
- CA marine biologist to make 3-D model of oarfish Updated: Nov-28-13 8:25 pm
- Oysters might be future protectors of NJ shore Updated: Nov-24-13 12:38 pm
- Texas A&M expands research on oil rig marine life Updated: Nov-23-13 2:40 pm
- UAV industry takes off in Alaska Updated: Nov-23-13 6:26 am
- Rarely seen Risso's dolphin washes ashore on Maui Updated: Nov-22-13 7:23 pm
- Texas A&M keeps oceanographic exploration program Updated: Nov-22-13 4:17 pm
- Fish stocking undertaken across Mississippi Updated: Nov-18-13 4:37 am
- Tangled whale freed off NJ coast; outlook good Updated: Nov-15-13 3:52 pm
- Scientists warn of hot, sour, breathless oceans Updated: Nov-13-13 7:04 pm
- EXCHANGE: 3rd graders learn from fish tank Updated: Nov-13-13 6:29 am
- Satellite hits Atlantic - but what about next one? Updated: Nov-11-13 10:17 am
LAS VEGAS - Three fish the color of a dingy dime, only smaller, hover near the bottom of tanks No. 6 and 7 at a new research facility 90 miles west of Las Vegas.
RICHLAND, Washington - The behavior of young salmon does not appear to be as predictable as previously thought.
PORTLAND, MAINE - Ocean researchers say only one right whale was spotted this fall in the Gulf of Maine, indicating ocean conditions have driven the species to other feeding grounds.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Ounce for ounce, methane has an effect on global warming more than 30 times more potent than carbon dioxide, and it's leaking from the Arctic Ocean at an alarming rate, according to new research by scientists at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
SANTA ANA, California - A marine biologist is hoping to recreate a three-dimensional model of an oarfish that washed up on an Oceanside beach in October.
NEPTUNE, New Jersey - Colonists pickled them in vinegar, cooked them in fat and used their shells for home construction and farming, giving the lowly oyster a vibrant role in the early Bayshore economy.
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is using $650,000 in grant money to research the variety and abundance of marine life that have made their homes around retired oil and gas platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, a newspaper reported Saturday.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The venerable Piper Super Cub isn't being squeezed out, but the face of aviation in Alaska is changing.
HONOLULU - A rarely seen dolphin that lives in deep waters off Hawaii washed ashore on Maui last weekend.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The National Science Board has given the go-ahead for Texas A&M University to continue managing a global oceanographic exploration program in a deal worth as much as $250 million to the school.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A coastal research agency and the Mississippi wildlife department have programs ongoing to restock Mississippi rivers and streams with fish.
MANASQUAN, New Jersey - When rescuers sailed to a spot off the New Jersey shore, they found a young humpback whale, bobbing near the surface but unable to move much.
WASHINGTON - Greenhouse gases are making the world's oceans hot, sour and breathless, and the way those changes work together is creating a grimmer outlook for global waters, according to a new report Wednesday from 540 international scientists.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Caring for reef helps third-graders learn math, science, language arts, other things
BERLIN - This time it splashed down in the Atlantic Ocean - but what about next time?