- China splurging on military as US pulls back Updated: Apr-24-14 5:28 am
- Maine shipyard gets $57 million in Navy contracts Updated: Apr-23-14 10:53 am
- 4 questions about missing Malaysian plane answered Updated: Apr-19-14 2:19 am
- Call of cyber duty: Military academies take on NSA Updated: Apr-10-14 11:58 am
- Suspected NKorean drones crude, reflect new threat Updated: Apr-04-14 6:36 am
- Hagel to meet with Malaysian counterpart Updated: Apr-01-14 8:20 pm
- DC-area drone users group is learning forum Updated: Mar-29-14 9:58 am
- Pearl Harbor sailors, students to work on robotics Updated: Mar-27-14 9:04 am
QINGDAO, China - China's navy commissioned 17 new warships last year, the most of any nation. In a little more than a decade, it's expected to have three aircraft carriers, giving it more clout than ever in a region of contested seas and festering territorial disputes.
BATH, Maine - Maine Congresswoman Chellie Pingree says Bath Iron Works has won two Navy contracts totaling more than $57 million for fleet maintenance and engineering projects.
Travelers at Asian airports have asked questions about the March 8 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Here are some of them, followed by answers.
WEST POINT, New York - If Douglas MacArthur or Ulysses S. Grant went to the U.S. Military Academy today, they might be testing their defensive skills hunched in front of a computer screen.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean experts say two small drones believed to have been flown across the border by the North were crude and decidedly low-tech - equipped with cameras available on the Internet for hundreds of dollars - but underscore a potential new threat that must be taken seriously.
ABOARD A US MILITARY AIRCRAFT - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will meet with Malaysia's defense minister this week, amid ongoing criticism about how well the search for missing Flight 370 has been conducted and coordinated with other nations.
RESTON, Virginia - The drone settles back on the cracked asphalt after a brief ascent into the lower reaches of the suburban troposphere.
JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM, Hawaii - Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard is sponsoring two Hawaii robotics events this summer.