- French company scores huge Australian submarine contract Updated: Apr-26-16 9:51 am
PARIS - Australia's largest-ever defense contract has gone to a French shipbuilder to produce a new generation of submarines, thrilling officials in Paris and inaugurating half a century of close defense cooperation between the nations.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Apr-16-16 12:14 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Colorado springs focused on being cybersecurity industry hub Updated: Apr-16-16 10:47 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Colorado Springs' economic future could depend on how it fits within an emerging industry to tackle hackers.
- Wedding photographers in Texas use drones for unique images Updated: Apr-14-16 1:22 pm
SAN ANTONIO - As weddings become ever more elaborate and staged, couples increasingly are demanding Hollywood-style special effects for that one-of-a-kind, jaw-dropping video.
- New report calls for ban on 'killer robots' amid UN meeting Updated: Apr-11-16 4:33 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Technology allowing a pre-programmed robot to shoot to kill, or a tank to fire at a target with no human involvement, is only years away, experts say. A new report called Monday for a ban on such "killer robots."
- Futuristic textile facility to open in Massachusetts Updated: Apr-01-16 2:51 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Massachusetts has been chosen to host a $317 million futuristic textiles manufacturing center with a goal of developing cutting-edge fabrics with a range of unusual properties, from being incredibly lightweight and flame-resistant to exceptionally strong or containing electronic sensors.
- High-tech Boston area in legal bind on driverless-car tests Updated: Apr-01-16 12:15 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - With its Colonial-era street patterns, icy winters, notoriously aggressive drivers and high-tech talent, the Boston region would seem the perfect place to test self-driving cars and ensure they can handle anything thrown at them.