- Lawmakers seek agreement on medical clinic grants Updated: Mar-07-14 9:05 am
- Possible mumps outbreak at Ohio State University Updated: Mar-06-14 6:02 pm
- Lehigh Valley Dairy announces orange juice recall Updated: Mar-06-14 5:43 pm
- Doctors oppose e-cigarette bill; smokers in favor Updated: Mar-05-14 8:05 pm
- Bad weather slows central Illinois blood donations Updated: Mar-05-14 1:02 pm
- Ice cream flavor recalled from some Aldi stores Updated: Mar-05-14 11:32 am
- Pharmacy growth boosts Walgreen key sales figure Updated: Mar-05-14 10:01 am
- Agency says flu vaccine for uninsured adults gone Updated: Mar-05-14 5:05 am
- Obama budget proposes new fight against superbugs Updated: Mar-04-14 4:51 pm
- Pricey NYC restaurant can't ace health inspection Updated: Mar-04-14 10:46 am
- Couple dies of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Updated: Mar-03-14 7:14 pm
- Patients may have been exposed to measles Updated: Mar-03-14 9:25 am
- Iowa has only 2 inspectors for asbestos projects Updated: Mar-02-14 9:23 pm
- EXCHANGE: Man humbled by rare flu complication Updated: Mar-02-14 5:05 am
- Whooping cough outbreak affects Weber County Updated: Mar-01-14 8:52 pm
- 1880s Jacksonville couldn't flee yellow fever Updated: Mar-01-14 1:55 am
- New Mexico radiation leak raises concerns Updated: Feb-28-14 6:41 pm
- Del. company expands recall to sour cream products Updated: Feb-28-14 6:02 pm
- NH leaders say addiction is driving crime Updated: Feb-28-14 3:17 pm
- California health officials: Outbreaks not linked Updated: Feb-28-14 1:41 pm
- Norovirus reported at Charlotte care centers Updated: Feb-28-14 8:07 am
- New Mexico flu vaccination for children above US Updated: Feb-27-14 1:16 pm
- NY advocates urge funding to prevent lung cancer Updated: Feb-26-14 4:08 pm
- EU lawmakers back tougher anti-smoking rules Updated: Feb-26-14 11:35 am
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: Feb-25-14 4:45 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi House and Senate will attempt to work out their differences on a proposal to expand state subsidies to health clinics.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Public health officials are investigating a possible outbreak of mumps at Ohio State University, where nine students are reported to have the contagious infection.
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - Lehigh Valley Dairy is voluntarily recalling orange juice because it may contain milk, a common allergen.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Even as the nation's second-largest city is moving to ban electronic cigarettes where tobacco smoking is prohibited, Wisconsin lawmakers are considering doing just the opposite.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - This year's winter weather has prompted a dwindling supply of blood in parts of the state, according to one Illinois blood bank.
LUDINGTON, Michigan - A northern Michigan ice cream maker is recalling a flavor that's sold at many Aldi stores and may contain nuts.
DEERFIELD, Illinois - Walgreen Co. said Wednesday that a key sales figure rose last month, boosted by stronger growth at its pharmacies and an increase in the number of flu shots it administered.
WICHITA, Kansas - The Sedgwick County Health Department has run out of flu vaccine for uninsured adults.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is sounding an alarm about the growing threat of superbugs. It is proposing a jump in spending to fight antibiotic-resistant germs in hospitals.
NEW YORK - A $310 tasting menu makes Per Se (puhr SAY') one of New York City's most expensive restaurants.
CROOKSTON, Minnesota - A rural Crookston couple has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their home and two of their daughters are being treated.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State health officials say patients at two Rhode Island hospitals may have been exposed to measles.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two inspectors are responsible for making sure thousands of asbestos-removal projects are being properly handled in Iowa each year.
CROPSEY, Illinois - Jeff Noyd was a retired police and fire officer who did just about everything on the farm.
OGDEN, Utah - Health officials say an outbreak of whooping cough has affected more than 30 students at three Weber County schools and their family members.
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - This is a story about death carts, orphans, yellow flags, mosquitoes and a battle for survival inside a diseased city.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The radiation exposure of at least 13 workers at a nuclear dump in a New Mexico salt bed more than 2,000 feet below the ground has brought new attention to the nation's long struggle to find places to dispose of tons of Cold War-era waste.
DOVER, Delaware - A Delaware company that recalled cheeses after some of the products were linked to a death in California and illnesses in newborns has expanded that recall to sour cream products.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's law enforcement and corrections officials agree an "epidemic of addiction" is driving crime in the state while taxing corrections and court resources.
SAN FRANCISCO - Small but unusual outbreaks of tuberculosis, measles and an extremely rare polio-like disease in several regions across California have set off concerns about the risks of exposure. All the infectious disease reports are actively being investigated, and California health officials say it is sheer coincidence that they arose at the same time.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Mecklenburg County medical officials say norovirus has been reported at a half-dozen long-term care centers in the Charlotte area.
ALBUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico has a flu vaccination rate for children significantly above the national average.
ALBANY, New York - With survival rates for prostate, skin and breast cancer now topping 90 percent, New York health advocates lobbied Wednesday to restore state funding against far deadlier lung cancer and tobacco smoke carcinogens.
BRUSSELS - The European Parliament on Wednesday voted for tougher anti-smoking rules that will make health warnings on cigarette packs larger and include mandatory pictures of rotting teeth or cancer-infested lungs.
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers: