- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- The Latest: Iditarod bans musher in domestic violence case Updated: Apr-29-16 7:08 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on the Iditarod banning a musher facing domestic violence charges from next year's race (all times local):
- Kansas to text parents who owe child support payments Updated: Apr-29-16 3:55 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Department for Children and Families officials say it will begin texting parents who owe child support in an effort increase collections.
- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- 3 with family ties to San Bernardino shooters arrested Updated: Apr-29-16 4:57 am
RIVERSIDE, California - The brother of the man behind the San Bernardino terror attack and two Russian sisters have been charged with marriage fraud in a case that was unrelated to the December shootings but came to light in the investigation that followed it.
- The Latest: 3 tied to terror shooter deny sham-marriage plot Updated: Apr-28-16 8:50 pm
RIVERSIDE, California - The Latest on warrants served in a marriage fraud investigation stemming from the December terror attack that killed 14 in San Bernardino (all times local):
- Missouri speaker doubts religious-objections measure revival Updated: Apr-28-16 4:09 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The leader of Missouri's House says he doesn't expect there will be an effort to revive a contested measure to protect some businesses opposed to same-sex marriage.
- CDC: Teen birth rates plunge, but racial disparities persist Updated: Apr-28-16 2:13 pm
NEW YORK - Birth rates are falling dramatically for black and Hispanic teenagers, but they continue to be much higher than the birth rate for white teens.
- Cal Ripken Jr. divorce ends 29-year marriage Updated: Apr-28-16 1:38 pm
TOWSON, Maryland - Hall of Fame infielder Cal Ripken Jr. and Kelly Ripken are divorced after being married nearly 30 years, and aren't saying why.
- Lawmakers optimistic restraining order change will pass Updated: Apr-28-16 12:06 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut legislative leaders were optimistic Wednesday that this is the year the General Assembly will pass legislation barring people with temporary restraining orders against them from possessing firearms.
- The Latest: House passes restraining order change Updated: Apr-28-16 12:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on bill barring people with temporary restraining orders from possessing firearms (all times local):
- Chief justice says ethics complaints should be dismissed Updated: Apr-27-16 6:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore says a judicial ethics panel should dismiss complaints filed against him as he fought to keep gays and lesbians from marrying in the state.
- Drug charges dropped against son of Alabama chief justice Updated: Apr-27-16 4:32 pm
TROY, Alabama - Drug charges against the son of Alabama's chief justice have been dropped.
- Missouri religious objections proposal fails in committee Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri religious objections proposal failed to get the approval of a key legislative committee on Wednesday in a setback for conservatives who hoped to add protections for those who cite their faith in denying services such as flowers or cakes for same-sex weddings.
- Sex charges dropped against ex-teacher who married student Updated: Apr-27-16 2:52 pm
ONEONTA, Alabama - Charges were dropped Wednesday against an Alabama teacher accused of having sex with a student he later married.
- Fraud probe in polygamous town aided by surveillance video Updated: Apr-27-16 1:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Investigators took aerial videos and installed surveillance cameras at a polygamous town's general store to gather evidence in a multimillion-dollar food stamp fraud case, prosecutors revealed Wednesday.
- Attorney: Mississippi law could harm access to gay marriage Updated: Apr-26-16 6:44 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A new Mississippi law might violate a federal judge's order that blocks the state from treating same-sex couples differently from straight couples who want to marry, says an attorney who helped overturn the state's ban on gay marriage.
- Kansas lawmakers reject audit for same-sex discrimination Updated: Apr-26-16 5:17 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers have again refused to audit the Department of Children and Families to determine if the agency discriminates against same-sex couples in adoption or foster care cases.
- 'Sister Wives' family asks court to reconsider bigamy ruling Updated: Apr-26-16 2:14 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The polygamous family from the TV show "Sister Wives" is asking an appeals court to re-consider a decision that upheld Utah's law banning bigamy.
- Gay couple wins custody battle against Thai surrogate mother Updated: Apr-26-16 6:19 am
BANGKOK - A same-sex American-Spanish couple won a high-profile custody battle Tuesday against a surrogate mother in Thailand who gave birth to their child but then decided she wanted to keep the baby when she found out they were gay.
- Ohio Senate weighs shielding violence victims' address info Updated: Apr-26-16 12:45 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Senate is continuing debate of legislation that would shield the addresses of victims of domestic violence, stalking and other crimes from use by government agencies.
- Missouri boy sells lemonade to help pay for his adoption Updated: Apr-25-16 11:17 am
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - A third-grader in Missouri has been selling lemonade to help pay for his adoption.
- Decades after Chernobyl, another chance for a Paralympian Updated: Apr-25-16 2:05 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - There was no stuffed animal to hug. Constant hunger pains. Hope a mom would show up and rescue her.
- Analysis: Several legislators make impression in '16 session Updated: Apr-24-16 5:01 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi legislators last week ended their 2016 session, their first gathering of a four-year term. With 122 members in the House and 52 in the Senate, a few stood out from the crowd.
- The Latest: Utah GOP picks national delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 8:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on Republican and Democratic state conventions: (all times local):