- Oklahoma State's Martin is Big 12 women's player of the week Updated: Feb-09-16 1:30 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State senior Brittney Martin has been named the Big 12 women's basketball Player of the Week.
- Tennessee has reported 18 minor violations to NCAA since May Updated: Feb-09-16 11:10 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has reported 18 Level III violations to the NCAA since May, including four in football.
- Maryland can't catch Ohio State in 94-86 road loss Updated: Feb-09-16 12:25 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Despite a second loss Ohio State this season, Maryland coach Brenda Frese did not sound overly concerned about the direction of her team with a third of the Big Ten season left to go.
- No. 1 UConn takes top-ranked showdown with 66-54 win Updated: Feb-09-16 12:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - UConn coach Gene Auriemma smiled at his three upperclass starters, savoring the latest virtuoso performance on the big stage by Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson - and fretting about their departure next season.
- Mitchell scores 33 as Ohio State tops Maryland 94-86 Updated: Feb-09-16 12:03 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State made its case a changing of the guard could take place in Big Ten women's basketball this season as the seventh-ranked Buckeyes beat No. 5 Maryland 94-86 on Monday night.
- No. 2 South Carolina struggles to get offense going Updated: Feb-08-16 10:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A'ja Wilson knew quickly in South Carolina's first few possessions that the second-ranked Gamecocks had no margin for error when they had the ball against No. 1 UConn.
- South Carolina's returns after hurting left leg Updated: Feb-08-16 9:10 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina leading scorer A'ja Wilson was helped off the court after apparently hurting her left leg against top-ranked UConn on Monday night.
- Minnesota's Banham named Big Ten player of week Updated: Feb-08-16 8:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's Rachel Banham is the Big Ten women's basketball player of the week after tying an NCAA record with 60 points in a game.
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Updated: Feb-08-16 7:09 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Fever signed free agents Jeanette Pohlen and Erica Wheeler to training camp contracts Monday.
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador Updated: Feb-08-16 6:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Steve Spurrier has a new role at South Carolina - special assistant to President Harris Pastides and athletic director Ray Tanner.
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Updated: Feb-08-16 3:46 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Mercury have re-signed forward Penny Taylor, reuniting the starting lineup that won the 2014 WNBA title.
- UConn and South Carolina set for 1 vs 2 showdown Updated: Feb-08-16 3:18 pm
There's been talk all season of the potential 1 vs. 2 matchup in South Carolina on Monday night. Now, it's finally here with No. 1 UConn visiting the second-ranked Gamecocks.
- No. 12 Texas A&M women beat No. 23 Tennessee 76-71 in OT Updated: Feb-07-16 8:04 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Trailing by 11 points with three minutes left, all hope of a comeback for Texas A&M seemed utterly lost. Then in the sudden blink of an eye, everything took a 180 degree turn.
- Brunner's 3-point play lets No. 8 Arizona State es Updated: Feb-07-16 7:57 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - No. 8 Arizona State was struggling so much coach Charli Turner Thorne decided during one first-half timeout to turn things over to her players in order to "empower" and relax them.
- Minnesota's Banham ties NCAA record with 60 points Updated: Feb-07-16 7:49 pm
EVANSTON, Illinois - Rachel Banham tied a NCAA record with 60 points - with 10 coming in the first overtime and eight in the second - to lead Minnesota to a 112-106 win over Northwestern on Sunday.
- Glory Johnson says her twins are at home and 'doing well' Updated: Feb-07-16 6:45 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Glory Johnson says her twin daughters are out of the hospital and back home with her after they were born premature last fall.
- No. 13 Louisville folds in 66-61 loss to No. 3 Notre Dame Updated: Feb-07-16 6:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Leading by six with 8 1/2 minutes remaining, No. 13 Louisville had outplayed third-ranked Notre Dame and appeared headed to a win that would put them atop the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Powers keys No. 17 Michigan St women in 74-69 win over Iowa Updated: Feb-07-16 5:47 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Aerial Powers scored 25 points and had a key steal and two free throws in the closing seconds, Tori Jankoska hit four free throws in the final 23 seconds and No. 17 Michigan State held off Iowa 74-69 on Sunday.
- No. 3 Notre Dame rallies past No. 13 Louisville 66-61 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - No matter how many shots third-ranked Notre Dame missed for three quarters against No. 13 Louisville, the final one allowed one last chance for redemption.
- Hamblin, Weise lead No. 9 Oregon State women past WSU, 54-45 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:40 pm
PULLMAN, Washington - Oregon State basketball fans call Ruth Hamblin "The Hammer," but it was Sydney Wiese who nailed down the Beavers' 10th consecutive win Sunday at Washington State.
- Oregon women score 35 in 4th, beat No. 24 Washington 75-63 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:38 pm
SEATTLE - Maite Cazorla and Kat Cooper each scored 16 points and Oregon used 35 fourth-quarter points to beat No. 24 Washington 75-63 on Sunday.
- No. 11 Mississippi State women defeat No. 21 Missouri 52-42 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:38 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - Morgan William scored 17 points and Victoria Vivians 13, and the two guards made big plays late in No. 11 Mississippi State's 52-42 victory over No. 21 Missouri on Sunday.
- No. 14 UCLA women ease by Arizona 73-39 Updated: Feb-07-16 5:28 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Monique Billings scored 14 points and No. 14 UCLA forced 25 turnovers in a 73-39 victory over Arizona on Sunday.
- Thomas, Bingley lead No. 10 Florida State past Clemson Updated: Feb-07-16 5:14 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - After having a week off between games, Florida State started off slowly on Sunday against Clemson before getting into a rhythm in the second half.
- Balance leads Utah women past Colorado 76-68 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:35 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Emily Potter led a balanced attack with 13 points and six blocks and Utah closed the game on a 12-5 run to defeat Colorado for the second time in four days, 76-68 on Sunday.