- Los Angeles Sparks still winless after seven games Updated: Jun-29-15 3:14 am
NEW YORK - Seven games into the season and Brian Agler is still looking for his first win as the coach of the Los Angeles Sparks.
- Williams' late jumper gives Shock 8th straight win Updated: Jun-28-15 9:50 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Riquna Williams' step-back jumper put Tulsa up by two with 10.9 seconds left, and the Shock held off the Seattle Storm 93-89 on Sunday to tie the franchise record with their eighth straight victory.
- Meesseman, Dolson lead Mystics over Sky 86-71 Updated: Jun-28-15 6:45 pm
- Rodgers scores 23 points, Liberty beat Sparks 79-70 Updated: Jun-28-15 5:36 pm
- Serbia women win first EuroBasket title Updated: Jun-28-15 3:38 pm
Ana Dabovic scored 25 points and Sonja Petrovic added 22 to help Serbia beat France 76-68 on Sunday in the EuroBasket women championship game and qualify for next year's Olympics in Rio.
- Lynx beat Mercury in Griner's return from suspension, 71-56 Updated: Jun-27-15 11:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Brittney Griner stepped onto the court for the first time this season, starting the process of putting her domestic violence arrest behind her for good.
- Streaking San Antonio pulls out 73-71 win over Seattle Storm Updated: Jun-27-15 10:39 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Kayla McBride scored 12 of her 23 points in the final 6:07 to help San Antonio rally from an eight-point deficit to win its second straight game, knocking off Seattle 73-71 on Saturday night.
- Russia fails to qualify for women's hoops at Olympics Updated: Jun-27-15 7:03 pm
For the first time since boycotting the 1984 Olympics, Russia won't have a women's basketball team in the Olympics.
- Tulsa hits 10 3-pointers, Shock beat New York 71-62 Updated: Jun-26-15 10:47 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Riquna Williams scored 11 points, hitting three of Tulsa's 10 3-pointers, and the Shock beat the New York Liberty 71-62 on Friday night for their seventh straight victory.
- McCoughtry, Ajavon lead Dream past Mystics 72-69 Updated: Jun-26-15 10:18 pm
- Connecticut beats Los Angeles in OT for 7th straight win Updated: Jun-26-15 9:59 pm
- Pondexter scores 23 points, Sky beat Fever 83-77 Updated: Jun-26-15 9:50 pm
- Tennessee set to make move to a lone 'Lady Vols' team Updated: Jun-26-15 2:37 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's decision to eliminate the Lady Volunteers nickname in all sports but basketball is the latest move in a nationwide trend of schools moving away from separate team monikers for men and women.
- Augustus scores 24, Lynx rally past Seattle 76-73 Updated: Jun-26-15 12:51 am
- Jia Perkins hits late 3, Stars beat Mercury for 1st win Updated: Jun-25-15 10:59 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Jia Perkins made a go-ahead 3-pointer with 24.6 seconds left to help San Antonio beat the Phoenix Mercury 76-71 on Thursday night for the Stars' first win of the season.
- Backers of Lady Vols nickname rally outside trustees meeting Updated: Jun-25-15 7:15 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - As Tennessee prepares to eliminate the Lady Vols nickname and logo for all women's sports other than basketball, fans rallied at a board of trustees meeting Thursday to protest the decision.
- UNC AD: On-field success 'overshadowed' by academic case Updated: Jun-25-15 2:41 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina earned another high finish among Division I college sports programs after a season of strong tournament showings. The Tar Heels also dealt with another year of off-field issues, including an NCAA investigation into academics.
- Delle Donne, Sky hold off Dream's rally, 100-96 in OT Updated: Jun-24-15 6:51 pm
- Cowgirls 2015-16 schedule is released Updated: Jun-24-15 4:21 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - A visit to Laramie by Colorado on a Monday night in December highlights the Wyoming Cowgirls' basketball schedule for the 2015-16 season.
- Curry and James up for best male athlete at ESPY Awards Updated: Jun-24-15 10:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Stephen Curry and LeBron James are going head-to-head again not long after battling for the NBA title.
- Ruffin-Pratt, Mystics beat winless Los Angeles 84-80 Updated: Jun-23-15 10:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Tierra Ruffin-Pratt and Emma Meesseman scored 20 points apiece and the Washington Mystics beat winless Los Angeles 84-80 on Tuesday night to extend the Sparks' worst start to a season in franchise history.
- Ex-OU assistant Overton named head coach at Oklahoma City U. Updated: Jun-23-15 3:58 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Former Oklahoma assistant women's basketball coach Bo Overton has been named head women's coach at Oklahoma City University.
- Stringer hires Gibson, Monier as Rutgers assistant coaches Updated: Jun-23-15 11:41 am
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers has hired Kelley Gibson and Ervin Monier as assistant coaches on the women's basketball team.
- WNBA, Liberty agree to suspend Thomas' ownership application Updated: Jun-22-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - The WNBA and New York Liberty have agreed to suspend Isiah Thomas' ownership application indefinitely.
- Brazil basketball must pay dues for automatic Olympic spots Updated: Jun-22-15 3:09 pm
NEW YORK - Basketball's governing body says Brazil must settle "significant outstanding dues" to receive automatic qualification into the 2016 Olympics.