- Missouri gives Pingeton 5-year contract through 2019-20 Updated: Oct-02-15 4:24 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri women's basketball coach Robin Pingeton has agreed to a new five-year contract through the 2019-2020 season that includes a base salary of $300,000.
- Lady Vols' Warlick receives contract extension, raise Updated: Oct-02-15 10:57 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee women's basketball coach Holly Warlick has received a one-year contract extension and $100,000 raise. She now will earn $665,000 per year and has four years remaining on her contract.
- NCAA women's tournament returns to Saturday start Updated: Oct-01-15 3:30 pm
The NCAA women's basketball tournament is reverting to its old format.
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Updated: Oct-01-15 3:20 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Anne Donovan has stepped down as the head coach of The Connecticut Sun after three losing seasons.
- US women's basketball team to train in Europe Updated: Sep-30-15 11:10 am
Fresh off their WNBA seasons, Elena Delle Donne, Candace Parker and Sue Bird will lead a group of U.S. basketball players to Europe to train in preparation for next year's Olympics.
- Fever and Lynx to meet in WNBA Finals in rematch of 2012 Updated: Sep-30-15 2:40 am
NEW YORK - Four years ago, Tamika Catchings and the Indiana Fever came into the WNBA Finals as a huge underdog to Minnesota.
- USA Basketball suspends Griner for start of training camp Updated: Sep-29-15 11:16 pm
Brittney Griner will be missing some of USA Basketball's European training camp this week after she was suspended by the organization.
- Catchings leads Indiana back to finals with 66-51 win Updated: Sep-29-15 10:23 pm
NEW YORK - Tamika Catchings has made a habit of playing her best with the most at stake in her final postseason run.
- Michigan women's basketball coach gets contract extension Updated: Sep-29-15 3:49 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan says it has agreed to a contract extension with women's basketball coach Kim Barnes Arico through the 2020-21 season.
- Ex-U of Minnesota Duluth coaches file discrimination lawsuit Updated: Sep-28-15 7:01 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Three former University of Minnesota Duluth coaches, including women's hockey coach Shannon Miller, filed a discrimination lawsuit against the university Monday, saying they lost their jobs because they're female and gay.
- WNBA: Last-second foul on Mercury shouldn't have been called Updated: Sep-28-15 3:06 pm
NEW YORK - A last-second foul that sent Maya Moore to the line for the winning free throw in the Western Conference finals should never have been called, the WNBA said Monday.
- Maya Moore carries Lynx to WNBA Finals Updated: Sep-27-15 7:39 pm
PHOENIX - Maya Moore stole Noelle Quinn's pass with 3 seconds left, was fouled and made a free throw with 1.5 seconds to go to give Minnesota a 72-71 victory over the Phoenix Mercury on Sunday, sending the Lynx to the WNBA Finals with a two-game sweep in the Western Conference series.
- Fever rally for 70-64 win vs Liberty in Game 2 Updated: Sep-27-15 6:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana star Tamika Catchings had seen enough. The Fever had played what she described as their worst six quarters of the season.
- Brittney Griner, Tamika Catchings on WNBA All-Defensive Team Updated: Sep-27-15 1:51 pm
NEW YORK - Phoenix center Brittney Griner and Indiana forward Tamika Catchings highlight the WNBA All-Defensive Team.
- Pope asked to circle Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island Updated: Sep-26-15 1:26 pm
NEW YORK - Pope Francis asked to circle the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island on his way out of New York, becoming emotional as the helicopter carried him over the sights that greeted millions of immigrants to America, Cardinal Timothy Dolan said.
- Seattle wins WNBA lottery for UConn's Breanna Stewart Updated: Sep-25-15 2:14 am
BRISTOL, Connecticut - The last time the Seattle Storm drafted No. 1 overall in two straight WNBA drafts, they chose Lauren Jackson and Sue Bird, beginning an era that included 10 straight playoff appearances and two WNBA titles.
- Moore, Brunson lead Lynx past Mercury 67-60 Updated: Sep-24-15 11:32 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When Minnesota got off to a slow start, Rebekkah Brunson stepped up her defensive play and helped get the Lynx within one win of returning to the WNBA Finals.
- Seattle's Jewell Loyd is WNBA rookie of the year Updated: Sep-24-15 9:05 pm
Jewell Loyd had no regrets about leaving school early to enter the WNBA. The No. 1 pick in the draft was honored with the league's rookie of the year award Thursday.
- Balanced Lynx top Parker, Sparks to advance to West finals Updated: Sep-23-15 12:30 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Through injuries, trades and upheaval, the Minnesota Lynx have struggled at times to find their footing this season.
- Charles, Liberty beat Mystics 79-74 to reach East finals Updated: Sep-23-15 12:04 am
NEW YORK - Tina Charles and the New York Liberty are headed to the Eastern Conference finals for the first time in five years thanks to a strong effort from Sugar Rodgers and the reserves.
- Riverso named new coach of Augsburg women's basketball Updated: Sep-22-15 7:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Augsburg College has named Ted Riverso the new coach of its women's basketball team.
- Filing: Illinois spent $650,000 on women's basketball probe Updated: Sep-22-15 1:25 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - An NCAA filing shows that the University of Illinois spent more than $650,000 for a Chicago law firm to investigate racial discrimination and abuse accusations in the women's basketball program.
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Updated: Sep-21-15 11:51 pm
CHICAGO - Tamika Catchings and the Indiana Fever are back in a familiar place, the Eastern Conference finals.
- South Carolina reserve guard Tiffany Davis tears her ACL Updated: Sep-21-15 3:47 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina reserve guard Tiffany Davis has torn a ligament in her left knee and will miss the upcoming season.
- Parker lifts Sparks to 81-71 win over Lynx, forces Game 3 Updated: Sep-20-15 6:59 pm
LONG BEACH, California - Candace Parker and the Sparks have been through a lot adversity this season, so an elimination game on a neutral court wasn't going to stop them Sunday.