- Staley, South Carolina sign Georgia Tech transfer in Davis Updated: May-29-15 2:36 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina coach Dawn Staley has added a second-high profile transfer from the Atlantic Coast Conference in high-scoring Georgia Tech guard Kaela Davis.
- Quigley, other WNBA players to miss games for Euro tourney Updated: May-29-15 1:35 pm
Chicago Sky guard Allie Quigley and other WNBA players will miss at least a few games of the upcoming season to compete in the Eurobasket tournament next month.
- Former UND standout Buck signs with pro team in Germany Updated: May-29-15 7:33 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Former University of North Dakota women's basketball standout Madi Buck has signed a professional contract with a team in Germany.
- Big 12 future sites familiar for basketball, baseball Updated: May-28-15 9:18 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Big 12 is keeping its men's basketball tournament in Kansas City through at least 2020, and the conference plans play the baseball and for women's basketball tournaments in Oklahoma City for multiple years.
- Griner: Fellow WNBA players want her to appeal suspension Updated: May-27-15 9:36 pm
NEW YORK - Brittney Griner has been hearing from players around the WNBA who would like her to change her mind and appeal her seven-game suspension for a domestic violence incident involving her partner Glory Johnson, also a player in the league.
- Seattle's Bird ready for rebuilding, mentoring ahead Updated: May-27-15 5:14 pm
SEATTLE - Shot after shot came off the fingers of Sue Bird, the swishing sound echoing through the practice gym, just like they have for most of her career.
- NCAA: Athletes improving in classroom; wage gap remains Updated: May-27-15 1:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA released its latest Academic Progress Rate results Wednesday, touting continued improvement by athletes in the classroom overall - even in two sports that have traditionally lagged - while acknowledging that lower-resource schools are struggling to perform.
- Heather Butler returns to UT Martin, joins coaching staff Updated: May-27-15 11:44 am
MARTIN, Tennessee - Heather Butler, the leading scorer in UT Martin history, is returning to her alma mater as part of the Skyhawks' coaching staff.
- WNBA's Johnson: Didn't expect arrest after Griner fight Updated: May-27-15 2:27 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - Glory Johnson had no idea her fight with then-fiancee Brittney Griner would become such a big deal.
- WNBA's Mystics, Lynx participate in analytic scrimmage Updated: May-26-15 6:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Ted Leonsis has turned to analytics in his search for ways to broaden the appeal of the WNBA.
- Jannah Tucker planning to transfer from Tennessee Updated: May-26-15 5:19 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Guard Jannah Tucker is planning to transfer from Tennessee.
- New investigation launched into Illinois player allegations Updated: May-26-15 5:18 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois hired a Chicago law firm Tuesday and asked it to launch a second investigation into accusations of mistreatment made by the parents of former women's basketball players.
- Maryland G Lexie Brown leaves school Updated: May-26-15 5:12 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Maryland guard Lexie Brown has decided to leave the school after two seasons.
- Hutchinson women's basketball team under investigation Updated: May-26-15 1:43 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - The Hutchinson Community College women's basketball team is under investigation for alleged improper benefits to players.
- Tennessee student-athletes post 3.04 GPA in spring semester Updated: May-22-15 6:56 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee student-athletes have posted a 3.04 overall grade point average for the spring semester, their second-highest GPA since the school started recording sport-by-sport data on the subject in 2003.
- Isiah Thomas doesn't reject idea of eventual return to NBA Updated: May-22-15 2:12 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Isiah Thomas said he hasn't spoken with New York Knicks President Phil Jackson since joining the Liberty as a consultant in February.
- Dream re-signs veteran forward DeLisha Milton-Jones Updated: May-21-15 6:53 pm
- Lynx plan 2 weeks of events before June 5 home opener Updated: May-21-15 5:45 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Lynx have multiple events planned over the next two weeks as they gear up for their June 5 home opener against the Tulsa Shock.
- Isiah Thomas wants people to keep open mind about new job Updated: May-21-15 5:38 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Isiah Thomas knew there would be questions when it was announced two weeks ago that he would be the new president of the New York Liberty. Thomas hopes that people will just keep an open mind.
- Prince to miss beginning of WNBA season to play for Russia Updated: May-21-15 4:20 pm
NEW YORK - New York Liberty guard Epiphanny Prince will miss perhaps the first month of the WNBA season to try to help Russia qualify for next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Injured woman sets up athletic shoe business Updated: May-20-15 3:50 pm
RIFLE, Colorado - At the age of 23, Quincey Snyder might be Rifle's youngest entrepreneur. Earlier this year, she launched ElevenOne, a brand of female athletic shoes, and 1,500 pairs of her first two limited edition sneakers recently went on pre-sale online. It's a scenario that might have seemed unlikely six years ago when doctors told her she would be lucky if she ever shrugged her shoulders, but, as Snyder says, she has never been a "status quo girl."
- Duke, Kentucky basketball teams earn top marks in classroom Updated: May-20-15 3:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kentucky's men's basketball team was nearly as perfect in the classroom in 2013-14 as it was on the basketball court last season.
- Florida State to face national champ UConn at Mohegan Sun Updated: May-20-15 10:39 am
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Three-time defending national champion UConn will face Florida State in December in the second Women's Holiday Showcase game, put on by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- WNBA's Dream looks to learn from devastating playoff loss Updated: May-20-15 7:27 am
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Dream hope a devastating loss in last year's WNBA playoffs will provide some valuable lessons for the new season.
- Fired Weis still highest paid Notre Dame coach on payroll Updated: May-19-15 4:31 pm