- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Updated: Apr-30-16 7:19 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Azura Stevens, the leading scorer and rebounder for Duke, has decided to transfer to UConn.
- Former U. Delaware athlete to compete in Olympics Updated: Apr-30-16 11:01 am
NEWARK, Delaware - A former University of Delaware athlete will be competing in this summer's Olympic Games.
- Vandy forms search committee as it seeks Balcomb's successor Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt has formed a search committee as it seeks a new women's basketball coach to replace Melanie Balcomb.
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Updated: Apr-29-16 4:34 pm
AMES, Iowa - Bill Fennelly defended himself and his coaching style Friday, two weeks after the long-time Iowa State women's basketball coach was sued by a former star player for race discrimination and retaliation.
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Updated: Apr-29-16 1:34 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Holly Warlick wants the Lady Volunteers to develop a more consistent work ethic after a turbulent 2015-16 season.
- Chattanooga gives extensions to men's, women's hoop coaches Updated: Apr-28-16 5:07 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Chattanooga women's basketball coach Jim Foster has received a one-year contract extension.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Updated: Apr-27-16 8:55 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Melanie Balcomb's 14-year tenure as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach is over.
- Nets' Ellington wins J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award Updated: Apr-27-16 8:13 pm
NEW YORK - Brooklyn Nets guard Wayne Ellington has won the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award for outstanding service and dedication to the community.
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Updated: Apr-27-16 4:49 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach Matthew Mitchell said there are various reasons why several players have left his program since last fall.
- US Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad comfortable speaking out Updated: Apr-27-16 4:47 pm
NEW YORK - First lady Michelle Obama wrapped up her speech to dozens of U.S. athletes to mark 100 days before the Rio Games and immediately headed over to a temporary court set up in the middle of Times Square.
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Updated: Apr-27-16 1:06 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Coming up short of the Final Four was a setback Dawn Staley did not expect for her South Carolina program. She hopes it was a lasting lesson for the Gamecocks.
- Auriemma says he's feeling better after hospital stay Updated: Apr-27-16 2:24 am
NEW YORK - Geno Auriemma is feeling a lot better.
- Ex-women's player sues College of Charleston for negligence Updated: Apr-26-16 3:21 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former College of Charleston women's basketball player Zoe Wallis has sued the school, saying negligence by coach Candice Jackson and her staff led to Wallis collapsing during a training run over the city's iconic Ravenel Bridge.
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Updated: Apr-25-16 7:23 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky freshman forward Batouly Camara has been granted a request to transfer, making her the sixth Wildcat to leave since last fall.
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Updated: Apr-25-16 5:57 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The move from South Dakota is bringing big pay bumps for Nebraska's new women's basketball assistant coaches.
- Prince and sports: Music in blood, basketball in his heart Updated: Apr-22-16 2:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Prince had music in his blood. Basketball was in his heart.
- South Dakota hires Plitzuweit to lead women's basketball Updated: Apr-22-16 1:50 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - University of South Dakota Athletic Director David Herbster says the school has hired Northern Kentucky women's basketball coach Dawn Plitzuweit (PLITZ'-zoo-wyte) to lead the Coyotes.
- The Latest: Tributes to Prince spring up across the US Updated: Apr-22-16 2:22 am
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - The Latest on the death of pop superstar Prince (all times local):
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Updated: Apr-21-16 7:49 pm
SEATTLE - The Seattle Storm's first No. 1 overall pick from Connecticut and their most recent No. 1 pick from UConn stood together on Thursday for the first time as professional teammates.
- Mississippi's NCAA case receives 30-day extension Updated: Apr-21-16 7:30 pm
Mississippi has put its response to alleged NCAA rules violations on hold after a third-party was granted a 30-day extension in the case.
- Belmont women's coach Newbauer signs five-year extension Updated: Apr-21-16 1:28 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Belmont women's basketball coach Cameron Newbauer has signed a five-year contract extension.
- Ex-Loyola player says Swoopes created hostile environment Updated: Apr-21-16 10:43 am
CHICAGO - A former Loyola University basketball player says women's coach Sheryl Swoopes created a hostile environment and routinely threatened to cut players from the roster or have their scholarships scrapped.
- Tennessee announces dates, locations for Big Orange Caravan Updated: Apr-21-16 4:09 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has announced the dates and locations for next month's Big Orange Caravan.
- APR scores show money remains big factor in college sports Updated: Apr-20-16 4:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The wealthiest schools in college sports are cashing in with high academic performances. Others are paying a stiff price for sub-par scores.
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Updated: Apr-19-16 7:48 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - New Nebraska women's basketball coach Amy Williams won't receive some of the perks former coach Connie Yori did under her contract.