- UCLA women spend time over Thanksgiving helping others Updated: Dec-01-15 2:14 am
UCLA coach Cori Close wanted her team to get more out of its trip to the Bahamas last week than just some fun in the sun and competitive games.
- No. 1 UConn women breeze past Chattanooga 79-31 Updated: Nov-30-15 10:10 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - In the moments after his team's 79-31 blowout victory, Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma gave Chattanooga's Jim Foster a pat in the back as the two Hall of Famers briefly chatted at midcourt.
- Kentucky coach: Junior forward Goodin-Rogers transferring Updated: Nov-30-15 6:36 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky coach Matthew Mitchell has granted Kyvin Goodin-Rogers her release after the junior forward's decision to transfer. She is the fourth Wildcat to leave the program since mid-October.
- Great American Conference names basketball players of week Updated: Nov-30-15 2:32 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - The Great American Conference has named the conference men's and women's basketball players of the week.
- Lady Eagle travel to Tennessee Tech Updated: Nov-30-15 10:32 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Southern Miss women's basketball team will travel to Tennessee Tech on Tuesday for a non-conference matchup at 6 p.m.
- No. 2 South Carolina women beat Hawaii 67-51 Updated: Nov-30-15 1:09 am
HONOLULU - Khadijah Sessions isn't usually looked to much on the offensive end of the floor, but the point guard played a big part in South Carolina's 67-51 win over Hawaii Sunday night.
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast Updated: Nov-29-15 10:18 pm
ESTERO, Florida - Briana Roberson scored a career-high 26 points, Lili Thompson added 17 and No. 13 Stanford needed overtime to hold off Purdue, 71-65 in the championship game of the Gulf Coast Classic Sunday.
- Dornstauder leads No. 16 Arizona St. past Bakersfield 60-47 Updated: Nov-29-15 9:51 pm
HONOLULU - Quinn Dornstauder scored 14 points with 5-for-8 shooting and grabbed four rebounds to lead No. 16 Arizona State to a 60-47 win over Cal State Bakersfield in the Rainbow Wahine Showdown on Sunday.
- Dayton upsets No. 22 Louisville at Gulf Coast Showcase 79-66 Updated: Nov-29-15 7:28 pm
ESTERO, Florida - Amber Deane scored a career-high 29 points and Dayton topped No. 22 Louisville 79-66 in the third-place game at the Gulf Coast Showcase on Sunday.
- No. 4 Lady Vols lose 64-53 to No. 8 Texas, ending streak Updated: Nov-29-15 6:31 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee flirted with danger long enough to eventually pay the price.
- No. 8 Mississippi St. beats Savannah St. 92-25 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:09 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - No. 8 Mississippi State bulldozed its way to another blowout win Sunday, taking control just a few minutes after tipoff and cruising to a 92-25 victory over Savannah State.
- High-profile mid-major home games more common with women Updated: Nov-29-15 5:34 pm
Connecticut's visit to Chattanooga on Monday night exemplifies one of the major differences between women's basketball and the men's game - women's mid-majors are much more likely to host big-name programs every now and then.
- Grant leads St. John's to 74-70 win over South Florida Updated: Nov-29-15 5:28 pm
NEW YORK - With the game on the line, St. John's dynamic duo of Danaejah Grant and Aliyyah Handford made the plays to help the Red Storm pull off the upset.
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:54 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Lashann Higgs scored 18 points and led an efficient 3-point attack Sunday as the eighth-ranked Longhorns defeated No. 4 Tennessee 64-53 to remain unbeaten.
- No. 12 Kentucky women cruise past Jackson State 92-24 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:34 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Evelyn Akhator had 20 points and 13 rebounds and No. 12 Kentucky held Jackson State to just seven second-half points in a 92-24 victory on Sunday for coach Matthew Mitchell's 200th win with the Wildcats.
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:31 pm
ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands - Maryland wouldn't let fatigue slow it down.
- No. 16 Arizona State women run away from Hawaii, 75-49 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:19 pm
HONOLULU - Quinn Dornstauder and Katie Hempen each scored a dozen points and No. 16 Arizona State ran away from Hawaii in the second and third quarters to take a 75-49 win at the Rainbow Wahine Showdown on Saturday night.
- No. 19 Northwestern women beat East Carolina 78-75 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:15 pm
CEDAR PARK, Texas - Maggie Lyon tied a career high with 26 points and Christen Inman hit the go-ahead bucket with 11 seconds left to help No. 19 Northwestern women hold off East Carolina for a 78-75 win at the Lone Star Showcase on Saturday night.
- No. 21 Oklahoma women defeat Boston College 76-61 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:14 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Peyton Little scored 17 points, Vionise Pierre-Louis 15 and No. 21 Oklahoma pulled away in the fourth quarter for a 76-61 victory over Boston College on Saturday night at the Junkanoo Jam.
- Cable helps No. 3 Notre Dame beat UCLA 92-84 in overtime Updated: Nov-28-15 10:18 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - Madison Cable saves her best games for UCLA.
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60 Updated: Nov-28-15 10:16 pm
ESTERO, Florida - Ashley Morrissette scored 17 points and Bridget Perry added 14 more, including the winning free throws with 21 seconds left, to lift Purdue to a 62-60 comeback win over No. 22 Louisville in the Gulf Coast Showcase on Saturday night.
- No. 2 South Carolina beats Cal State Bakersfield 90-71 Updated: Nov-28-15 9:40 pm
HONOLULU - Bianca Cuevas struggled to adjust to the college game last season at South Carolina.
- No. 23 Syracuse women pull away from Fordham 76-54 Updated: Nov-28-15 9:35 pm
LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Alexis Peterson scored 25 points with eight assist and five steals and the No. 23 Syracuse women pulled away from Fordham 76-54 Saturday night at the Thanksgiving Shootout.
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St Updated: Nov-28-15 9:13 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - For the second straight year, Baylor found itself facing a double-digit deficit against Michigan State.
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty Updated: Nov-28-15 7:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mikayla Cowling had a career-high 22 points and the No. 16 California women escaped Saturday with a 77-72 win over Liberty in the South Point Shootout.