- PawSox owners and state officials have 'high-level' meeting Updated: May-04-15 5:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State officials had a "high-level" meeting with the owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox to discuss the team's proposal for a new ballpark in downtown Providence.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Apr-29-15 6:47 pm
The Denver Post, April 27, on the bar for school lawsuits:
- Fixit tag for Portland's noted Portland Building: $175M Updated: Apr-29-15 6:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A prominent Portland office tower that attracted national attention for its postmodern design when it was built for $25 million three decades ago is in such poor shape and so obnoxious to the people who work there that city officials want to gut and renovate the building - for an estimated $175 million.
- Former Biloxi casino to be redeveloped as resort, water park Updated: Apr-29-15 6:17 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - A former Biloxi casino damaged in Hurricane Katrina will be redeveloped as a resort and water park.
- City enticing developers to historic home hit by tornado Updated: Apr-27-15 2:29 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A historic house in Springfield that was damaged by a tornado is being sold by the city as part of a revitalization effort.
- Face-lift project for Red Oak's downtown square begins Updated: Apr-23-15 2:28 pm
RED OAK, Iowa - Residents gathered downtown Wednesday for a break ground ceremony on a project that will give the town square a face-lift.
- Volunteers rebuild park in tornado-hit Arkansas city Updated: Apr-19-15 1:10 pm
VILONIA, Arkansas - More than 100 volunteers turned out to rebuild Vilonia's city park, which was destroyed when a powerful tornado rolled through the community last April.
- Development specialist hire for Acadiana revitalization Updated: Apr-16-15 11:25 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - One Acadiana, the nine-parish economic development agency based in Lafayette, has hired an urban development specialist to direct public and private investment in business sites, streetscape improvements and other projects in south-central Louisiana.
- Maine city favors plan to redevelop historic armory building Updated: Apr-13-15 1:26 pm
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - A developer's plan to turn a historic, neglected Maine armory into a multi-use project appears headed toward approval.
- NY revamps brownfields cleanups, tightens NYC tax credits Updated: Apr-07-15 5:58 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York is tightening the tax credits for cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated commercial and industrial sites called brownfields, generally limiting the rebuilding credits in New York City to less lucrative property.
- Omaha board votes to link school, revitalization project Updated: Apr-07-15 3:13 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Omaha Public Schools board members have voted to link the Howard Kennedy Elementary school with a north Omaha neighborhood revitalization effort.
- Committee to review proposal to redevelop city's port area Updated: Apr-07-15 11:10 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Providence City Council's Ordinance Committee is considering a proposal to redevelop 300 acres along the riverfront.