- St. Bernard president pleads not guilty in corruption case Updated: Sep-02-15 3:57 pm
CHALMETTE, Louisiana - St. Bernard Parish President Dave Peralta has pleaded not guilty to 22 criminal charges in Chalmette.
- The Latest: Ex-chief who killed man won't work as cop again Updated: Sep-01-15 6:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on a white former police chief who pleaded guilty to misconduct in office in the shooting death of an unarmed black man (all times local):
- Judge acquits Chicago lawyer of coaching lies Updated: Aug-31-15 11:43 am
CHICAGO - A federal judge has acquitted a high-profile Chicago attorney at a rare trial of a lawyer on multiple counts of perjury and obstruction-of-justice charges for allegedly coaching clients and witnesses to lie.
- Lawyer accused of coaching clients to lie awaits fate Updated: Aug-27-15 7:46 pm
CHICAGO - The question of when lawyers cross the line from zealously defending their clients to fabricating evidence is the focus of a rare trial in Chicago, where an attorney is accused of coaching defendants and witnesses to lie.
- Cleveland detective found guilty of warning raid target Updated: Aug-26-15 3:37 am
CLEVELAND - A Cleveland police detective faces up to four years in prison for warning a gas station owner about a future raid on his business for food stamp fraud.
- Detroit-area lawyer pleads guilty to obstruction of justice Updated: Aug-21-15 3:43 am
DETROIT - A Detroit-area attorney has pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, stemming from accusations that he failed to disclose a client's prior convictions in deportation proceedings.
- Ex-sheriff's captain pleads guilty in corruption case Updated: Aug-19-15 11:20 pm
LOS ANGELES - A former captain with the nation's largest sheriff's department pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying on the witness stand during a widespread misconduct investigation into abuse within the Los Angeles County jail system.
- Jennings man sentenced for 2013 New Year's Eve murder Updated: Aug-18-15 8:13 am
JENNINGS, Louisiana - A Jennings man has been sentenced to six years in prison for helping cover up the murder of a local man whose body was dumped on the side of the road on New Year's Eve in 2013.
- Man convicted of manslaughter, arson gets 70 years Updated: Aug-18-15 7:22 am
COVINGTON, Louisiana - A 24-year-old Slidell man convicted in May of manslaughter, arson and obstruction of justice in the 2012 death of Ashley King, has been sentenced to 70 years in prison.
- Sheriff: Dad likely knows who killed 2 daughters, 2 others Updated: Aug-07-15 4:16 pm
ORANGEBURG, South Carolina - A man who sold drugs from the South Carolina home where his two teenage daughters and two other people were killed in July has been lying to deputies and likely knows who killed them, a sheriff said Friday.