- Police: Officer poorly searched suspect who later shot cop Updated: Jul-07-15 4:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS - An officer who intentionally overlooked evidence and failed to thoroughly search an assault suspect - giving an inadequate pat-down to the man police say later fatally shot another officer from the back of a moving patrol car - now faces criminal charges and has been suspended, authorities said Tuesday.
- Appeals court: Former BP engineer should get new trial Updated: Jun-30-15 6:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A former BP engineer is entitled to a new trial on an obstruction of justice charge stemming from an investigation of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
- Jennings man pleads guilty in shooting death of friend Updated: Jun-24-15 8:32 am
JENNINGS, Louisiana - A Jennings man charged with fatally shot his friend before dumping the body and going to a 2013 New Year's Eve party has pleaded guilty in the case.
- Guards' code of silence blamed in Rikers inmate killing Updated: Jun-13-15 11:43 am
NEW YORK - Federal prosecutors say they had to break through a code of silence among guards at the Rikers Island jail complex to bring charges against three current or former correction officers.
- Simpsonville mayor found guilty on 2 of 3 charges Updated: Jun-10-15 7:56 am
SIMPSONVILLE, South Carolina - The mayor of Simpsonville was has been found guilty on charges of misconduct and obstruction of justice and will face probation.
- 4 Illinois police officers charged with perjury in drug case Updated: Jun-08-15 8:41 pm
CHICAGO - Three Chicago police officers and a fourth officer from a suburban department were charged Monday with perjury, obstruction of justice and official misconduct for allegedly lying under oath in a drug case.
- Wife of Ohio guardsman convicted of sex abuse pleads guilty Updated: Jun-08-15 5:53 pm
MARYSVILLE, Ohio - The wife of an Ohio National Guardsman who was convicted of sexually abusing three adopted daughters has pleaded guilty to charges of intimidation and obstructing justice.