- After parent outcry, school pulls novel from reading list Updated: Jul-29-15 11:59 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A Charleston high school has pulled a novel from a summer reading list after a parent complained about the novel's dark and explicit content.
- W.Va. author works to foster imagination in young readers Updated: Jul-26-15 9:52 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - As a young child, Sam Smith's world came to life as his mother read to him "The Chronicles of Narnia."
- Children's librarian brings love of literature to her job Updated: Jul-19-15 10:22 am
FREMONT, Nebraska - Keene Memorial Library Children's Librarian Laura England-Biggs' office is hidden away, off the main storage room and into the back recesses of the library.
- Vending machines in Anacostia provide free children's books Updated: Jul-11-15 4:47 pm
WASHINGTON - A 5-year-old named Jacob Adams was the first to test the big blue vending machine newly installed at the Salvation Army's community center in Southeast Washington. Hopping up on a step-stool to reach the bright control screen, he quickly made his choice, and his selection tumbled from the machine's coils and landed with a thud.
- EXCHANGE: Cure for summer boredom as close as public library Updated: Jul-09-15 8:50 am
CARBONDALE, Illinois - School just ended and the children are already bored.