- Bryant sets special election for Claiborne school district Updated: Jul-29-15 8:40 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Claiborne County voters will elect a new school board on Nov. 3 as part of the process of returning the district to local control.
- University of Missouri loses library science accreditation Updated: Jul-26-15 3:19 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - University of Missouri officials will appeal a loss of accreditation for the school's master's program in library science.
- Correction: El Paso Hospital-Surgeries story Updated: Jul-14-15 1:13 pm
EL PASO, Texas - In a story July 12 about an El Paso hospital cancelling some surgeries, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the accreditation for University Medical Center of El Paso had been denied. The hospital instead received a notice of preliminary denial of accreditation. It could lose its accreditation if violations cited by inspectors are not corrected within 23 days.
- Bethany College put on probation by accrediting commission Updated: Jul-10-15 4:19 am
LINDSBORG, Kansas - A small liberal arts college in Lindsborg has received a more severe sanction from the Higher Learning Commission than what was recommended earlier this year.
- Accrediting agency keeps Martin University on probation Updated: Jul-10-15 4:02 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An accrediting agency is keeping Indiana's only predominantly black institution of higher learning on probation amid continuing concerns about unstable finances.
- State Board of Education seeks takeover of Tunica schools Updated: Jul-08-15 9:01 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state Board of Education on Wednesday asked Gov. Phil Bryant to declare a state of emergency in the Tunica County school district, clearing the way for the state Department of Education to take over.
- Fresno college center gets initial accreditation approval Updated: Jul-02-15 8:40 am
FRESNO, California - A Fresno college center is moving toward full accreditation and officials expect the campus to expand and increase funding by as much as $1.3 million as a result.