- House panel OKs Missouri student transfer bill Updated: Apr-23-14 6:49 pm
- Mo. mulls state funds to districts for preschool Updated: Apr-19-14 11:37 am
- Nicholls auditorium dedicated to dean's memory Updated: Apr-18-14 6:29 am
- Appointed board renewed for St. Louis schools Updated: Apr-15-14 5:11 pm
- Liberty provost's duties reduced following mix-up Updated: Apr-15-14 10:58 am
- State to take over Southeast Texas school district Updated: Apr-14-14 2:22 pm
- SD college denied nursing program accreditation Updated: Apr-12-14 11:07 am
- Senate approves bill on ailing nursing schools Updated: Apr-11-14 12:49 pm
- Drake business school gives up accreditation Updated: Apr-09-14 10:26 am
- Historically black Va. college sees hope in sale Updated: Mar-29-14 11:40 am
- Va. OKs year-round classes at 2 Petersburg schools Updated: Mar-29-14 9:49 am
- Ex-students sue Pa. tech school over accreditation Updated: Mar-27-14 8:41 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri House committee advanced legislation Wednesday that seeks to overhaul a student transfer law requiring struggling school districts pay for students to attend better-performing nearby schools.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers are moving to put more of the state's money where their mouths are in supporting preschool and early childhood programs.
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - An auditorium at Nicholls State University has been formally renamed and dedicated to the memory of Ridley J. Gros.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri education officials have renewed the authority of an appointed board that has overseen St. Louis schools since 2007.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Liberty University Provost Ron Godwin's duties have been reduced following a mix-up involving a biblical studies certificate program.
BEAUMONT, Texas - A troubled Southeast Texas school district that has been investigated over its finances and its handling of services to disabled students is being taken over by the Texas Education Agency, officials announced Monday.
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Aberdeen's Presentation College's nursing program has been denied a continuance of its national accreditation.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Senate on Friday moved to try to address sliding test scores for nursing school graduates and a glut of poorly performing programs, passing a measure that would require accreditation for all new schools within five years of accepting students.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Drake University's business school leaders have decided to give up an accreditation for a year.
LAWRENCEVILLE, Virginia - The St. Paul's College campus and the 35 buildings on its roller-coaster grounds are for sale in hopes it can continue to educate young black men and women in this rural community.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Board of Education has approved year-round school programs at two struggling Petersburg public schools.
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - Four former students have sued a western Pennsylvania technical school claiming the certified medical assistant course they took wasn't accredited.