- Appointed board renewed for St. Louis schools Updated: Apr-15-14 5:11 pm
- Liberty provost's duties reduced following mix-up Updated: Apr-15-14 10:58 am
- State to take over Southeast Texas school district Updated: Apr-14-14 2:22 pm
- SD college denied nursing program accreditation Updated: Apr-12-14 11:07 am
- Senate approves bill on ailing nursing schools Updated: Apr-11-14 12:49 pm
- Drake business school gives up accreditation Updated: Apr-09-14 10:26 am
- Historically black Va. college sees hope in sale Updated: Mar-29-14 11:40 am
- Va. OKs year-round classes at 2 Petersburg schools Updated: Mar-29-14 9:49 am
- Ex-students sue Pa. tech school over accreditation Updated: Mar-27-14 8:41 am
- Education officials endorse Missouri school plan Updated: Mar-21-14 8:49 pm
- LSU law school to come under main campus umbrella Updated: Mar-21-14 8:47 pm
- Assembly passes voucher school accreditation bill Updated: Mar-20-14 4:07 pm
- Lawmaker sues state over school funding Updated: Mar-17-14 8:34 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri education officials have renewed the authority of an appointed board that has overseen St. Louis schools since 2007.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - Liberty University Provost Ron Godwin's duties have been reduced following a mix-up involving a biblical studies certificate program.
BEAUMONT, Texas - A troubled Southeast Texas school district that has been investigated over its finances and its handling of services to disabled students is being taken over by the Texas Education Agency, officials announced Monday.
ABERDEEN, South Dakota - Aberdeen's Presentation College's nursing program has been denied a continuance of its national accreditation.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Senate on Friday moved to try to address sliding test scores for nursing school graduates and a glut of poorly performing programs, passing a measure that would require accreditation for all new schools within five years of accepting students.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Drake University's business school leaders have decided to give up an accreditation for a year.
LAWRENCEVILLE, Virginia - The St. Paul's College campus and the 35 buildings on its roller-coaster grounds are for sale in hopes it can continue to educate young black men and women in this rural community.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Board of Education has approved year-round school programs at two struggling Petersburg public schools.
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - Four former students have sued a western Pennsylvania technical school claiming the certified medical assistant course they took wasn't accredited.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri State Board of Education endorsed a plan Friday aimed at boosting state involvement in struggling schools.
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - LSU's Board of Supervisors has approved what it calls a realignment plan that will make the LSU system's Paul M. Hebert Law Center an academic unit of the main Baton Rouge campus.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Private schools that want to participate in Wisconsin's voucher program would have to meet new, tougher requirements under a bill that has passed the state Assembly.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A state lawmaker has sued the Mississippi Department of Education and Gov. Phil Bryant for underfunding the Leflore County School District.