- La. regents approve nursing doctorate Updated: Dec-08-13 12:19 pm
- Hospital cuts create uncertain future for nurses Updated: Dec-08-13 4:04 am
- Minn. nurses board moves to step up sanctions Updated: Dec-06-13 11:47 am
- Nurses at upstate NY hospital join union Updated: Dec-05-13 3:06 am
- Governor seeks $2.5M for medical provider training Updated: Dec-04-13 5:16 am
- NE Pa. hospital nurses stage 1-day strike Updated: Dec-03-13 1:46 pm
- Mediator to participate in hospital contract talks Updated: Dec-03-13 9:04 am
- Nursing scholarship established at Glenville State Updated: Dec-03-13 3:05 am
- Nurses announce 24-hour strike at Pa. hospital Updated: Nov-29-13 6:37 am
- USI simulator preps nursing students for crises Updated: Nov-23-13 3:12 pm
- MGCCC to building nursing school Updated: Nov-21-13 4:18 am
- Correction: UC Nurses-Contract story Updated: Nov-18-13 10:26 pm
- Combat medic's healing journey leads to FIU Updated: Nov-16-13 1:50 am
- Minnesota nursing board seeks more authority Updated: Nov-13-13 9:16 pm
- Divided Mich. Senate votes to expand nurses' role Updated: Nov-13-13 7:48 pm
- Governor seeks money to recruit more nurses to NM Updated: Nov-13-13 2:21 pm
- Sanford, NDSU join together for nursing education Updated: Nov-09-13 11:56 am
- Martinez pushes proposal for more nurse educators Updated: Nov-09-13 7:35 am
- Q&A: More lenient lice policies bug some parents Updated: Nov-08-13 5:57 pm
- UAB program to help vets move into nursing Updated: Nov-08-13 5:34 am
- NM schools adopting common curriculum for nursing Updated: Nov-07-13 6:02 pm
- Soldotna hospital reduces forensic nurse service Updated: Nov-06-13 2:46 pm
- $1M grant for WSU College of Nursing Updated: Nov-06-13 8:35 am
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - A doctor of nursing practice degree at Northwestern State University has been approved by the Louisiana Board of Regents.
INDIANAPOLIS - Nurses and those preparing to enter the profession are being forced increasingly to shift their job focus as hospitals slash positions amid declining admissions and revenue.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The regulatory board for Minnesota nurses has voted to speed up its disciplinary process and seek authority from the Legislature to investigate and impose tougher sanctions.
ALBANY, New York - Nurses at an upstate New York hospital have voted to unionize.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez plans to ask the Legislature to provide nearly $2.5 million next year to train more family practice physicians and nurse practitioners.
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Some nurses at a northeastern Pennsylvania hospital have begun a one-day strike to protest working seven months without a new contract.
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A federal mediator is set to attend contract talks scheduled to resume Tuesday to help find common ground in stalled negotiations between Lawrence + Memorial Hospital and nurses and technicians.
GLENVILLE, West Virginia - Two former Glenville State College students have funded a nursing scholarship at the school.
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - Nurses at a northeastern Pennsylvania hospital have planned a one-day strike to protest their lack of a contract.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - The University of Southern Indiana is using mannequin-like clinical simulators to give nursing students lessons in what it's really like caring for patients in emergency situations.
BILOXI, Mississippi - Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has announced a $12 million project to build a new nursing school.
LOS ANGELES - In a story Nov. 17 about the University of California and unionized nurses reaching a tentative labor agreement, The Associated Press erroneously reported who will contribute to the nurses' pension plan. The preliminary deal calls for nurses, not the university, to contribute 8 percent of pay to pension benefits starting in January, followed by 9 percent in July.
MIAMI - Staff Sgt. Victor Arvizu has spent 20 years as a U.S. Army combat medic - from the Middle East to the South Pacific. He has pulled glass shards from soldiers' chests and taken blood samples. He has inserted chest tubes and sutured wounds.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Board of Nursing wants more authority to deny licenses to nurses who have committed crimes, the board's executive director told a legislative hearing Wednesday. But nursing board staff members also are defending the agency's disciplinary record.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan nurse practitioners and other nurses with advanced training could practice without oversight by physicians and prescribe drugs under legislation that won narrow approval Wednesday from the state Senate despite opposition from the doctors' lobby.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez proposed Wednesday that New Mexico launch an advertising campaign to aggressively recruit nursing professionals from other states to help deal with a shortage of primary care providers.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Sanford Health officials in North Dakota say the hospital plans to partner with North Dakota State University for nursing education.
PORTALES, New Mexico - Nurses practicing in New Mexico who want to continue their professional development would be eligible for financial assistance from the state under a proposal announced by Gov. Susana Martinez.
WASHINGTON - Some schools are letting kids with live lice in their hair back in the classroom, a less restrictive policy that has parents scratching their heads.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The University of Alabama at Birmingham is receiving a grant to help veterans get into nursing as a career.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's state colleges and universities are moving to a common nursing curriculum to make it easier for students to complete their degrees.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Kenai Peninsula's largest hospital is down to three nurses with training in forensic examinations and has stopped offering most overnight exams.
PULLMAN, Washington - The Washington State University College of Nursing has received a $1 million federal grant to diversify the nursing workforce in the Tri-Cities and Yakima.