- Doctors, nurses to be trained in stopping overprescribing Updated: Aug-27-15 10:57 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan has announced a series of regional education conferences to train doctors, nurses and pharmacists in stopping drug addiction and abuse, including best practices for preventing overprescribing opioids.
- UT College of Nursing receives $2M grant Updated: Aug-27-15 3:34 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The College of Nursing at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, has received a $2 million grant to support nurses in Appalachia.
- Nurses, St. Charles Bend bring mediator into contract talks Updated: Aug-18-15 12:28 pm
BEND, Oregon - A mediator is joining the stalled contract negotiations that have been going on for months between St. Charles Bend and a nurses' union.
- GSU wants state of exigency for undergraduate nursing Updated: Aug-18-15 11:15 am
GRAMBLING, Louisiana - Grambling State University President Willie Larkin has requested a state of exigency for the university's defunct undergraduate nursing program through summer 2016 and the authority to terminate members of the nursing faculty.
- Toledo nursing college reprimanded for exam requirement Updated: Aug-17-15 8:28 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - A university program has been reprimanded for violating Ohio Board of Nursing policies by changing requirements for students in the middle of an academic program.
- Database helps Indiana nurses keep track of vaccinations Updated: Aug-16-15 9:52 am
FRANKLIN, Indiana - A statewide database is helping nurses keep track of students who need vaccinations before the new school year begins in Indiana.
- Iowa nursing facility chain reaches settlement over payments Updated: Aug-13-15 5:57 pm
JOHNSTON, Iowa - A nursing facility chain in Iowa that was accused of submitting inaccurate cost reports for Medicaid payments will pay more than $415,000 as part of a settlement.
- Correction: Bernie Sanders-California story Updated: Aug-11-15 1:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - In a story Aug. 10-11 about Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, The Associated Press reported erroneously that members of the activist group Black Lives Matter opened his campaign rally in Los Angeles. It was a member of Sanders' campaign who spoke in support of the group.
- Audit: Replacing school nurses with aides saves money Updated: Aug-09-15 11:10 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A recent audit showed that an eastern Kansas school district could save money by employing health aides instead of nurses, but the district's recent superintendent said nurses are worth the extra money because of the services they can provide.
- CoLin suspends accelerated nursing program Updated: Aug-08-15 10:39 am
WESSON, Mississippi - A Copiah-Lincoln Community College program that helped licensed practical nurses a means to fast track to a registered nurse license has been suspended.
- Atlanta Medical Center hosts job for nurses Updated: Aug-05-15 5:41 am
ATLANTA - Atlanta Medical Center is hosting a job fair for registered nurses.
- Frostburg State gets $2.5M to develop nursing program Updated: Aug-04-15 2:19 am
FROSTBURG, Maryland - The path to a bachelor's degree in nursing may be getting smoother - and faster.