- Nurses strike at Chicago-area psychiatric hospital Updated: Mar-10-14 2:25 pm
- Bill would give nurse practitioners more authority Updated: Mar-06-14 8:50 pm
- VT's Fletcher Allen terminates 35 nurse contracts Updated: Mar-06-14 11:07 am
- Citywide nursing school planned in Chicago Updated: Mar-06-14 4:07 am
- Fla. bill addresses low nursing school test scores Updated: Mar-05-14 11:14 am
- Mother says jailers wouldn't allow expressing milk Updated: Mar-03-14 11:42 am
- Nurses ratify 3-year contract with UPMC Altoona Updated: Mar-01-14 12:16 pm
- Ohio college offers intense flight nurse training Updated: Feb-22-14 10:28 am
- Talk targets nursing and Affordable Care Act Updated: Feb-21-14 4:05 am
- USC nurses host heart health, cooking fair Updated: Feb-20-14 4:08 am
- Study: Nurses need help fighting date violence Updated: Feb-19-14 4:05 am
- Iowa rule allowing retired nurses to work expiring Updated: Feb-16-14 8:00 pm
- Baystate Franklin nurses ratify new contract Updated: Feb-14-14 7:55 am
- Louisiana College touts nursing pass rate Updated: Feb-10-14 6:40 am
- Baystate Franklin, nurses OK tentative agreement Updated: Feb-09-14 1:20 pm
DES PLAINES, Illinois - Nurses at a psychiatric hospital in suburban Chicago are on strike to call attention to what they say are delaying tactics from management during contract negotiations.
MIAMI - With a massive shortage of primary care physicians across Florida, state lawmakers are pushing a bill to expand the powers of nurse practitioners, allowing them to prescribe controlled substances like painkillers and work without supervision from a doctor.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals is beginning a grievance process because Fletcher Allen Health Care terminated contacts for 35 per diem nurses over the phone.
CHICAGO - Chicago's city college system plans to consolidate its nursing programs at Malcolm X College on the city's West Side.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Plummeting test scores among Florida nursing school graduates has prompted some legislators to propose a bill that would tighten the qualifications for nursing programs.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - A new mother says she wasn't allowed to express milk for her baby while serving time in the Brown County Jail.
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania - Nurses at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's hospital in Altoona have ratified a three-year contract reached in talks that were scheduled after the nurses staged a one-day strike last month.
DAYTON, Ohio - A southwest Ohio university is offering intensive training for nursing in flight and in disasters.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The president of the American Academy of Nursing is scheduled to talk about the effect of the Affordable Care Act on the nursing profession.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The University of South Carolina College of Nursing and the wife of university President Harris Pastides are teaming up to improve heart health on campus.
MUNCIE, Indiana - A Ball State University study says school nurses need more training, time and private space to help teenage students cope with dating violence.
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - An Iowa law that allows retired public health care professionals to quickly return to work part time while collecting their state pension is due to expire this summer, though hospitals are pushing for an extension.
GREENFIELD, Massachusetts - Nurses at Greenfield's Baystate Franklin Medical Center have ratified a new contract after a sometimes acrimonious 29-month labor standoff with the hospital.
PINEVILLE, Louisiana - The Division of Nursing at Louisiana College had a 90 percent first-time pass rate for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses exam. That's according to the 2013 Louisiana State Board of Nursing annual report.
GREENFIELD, Massachusetts - Baystate Franklin Medical Center and nurses union officials have reached a tentative contract agreement that ends a 29-month standoff.