- NYS report faults 2 nurses in inmate's 2013 death Updated: Jul-07-15 9:52 am
VALHALLA, New York - The state Commission of Correction has found that two Westchester County Jail nurses displayed "gross incompetence" in the treatment of an inmate who died after complaining of stomach and chest pains.
- Maine hospital says nurses plan to strike later this month Updated: Jul-02-15 10:58 am
BANGOR, Maine - Representatives for a Maine hospital say a nursing union has informed the facility that its members plan to strike.
- Ohio announces rules for testing lethal injection drugs Updated: Jun-29-15 6:13 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio will test lethal injection drugs ahead of executions if it obtains specialty batches of the drugs, the state prisons agency announced Monday in its latest update of capital punishment rules.
- Nurses, UVM Medical Center reach tentative deal Updated: Jun-27-15 9:35 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The union representing nurses at the University of Vermont Medical Center says a tentative agreement has been reached to settle the nurses' contract.
- Arbitrator: Laid-off state nursing aides get severance Updated: Jun-22-15 5:56 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - An arbitrator says Michigan must pay severance to eligible nursing aides who were laid off when the state privatized their jobs at a veterans home in western Michigan in 2013.
- Medina Raptor Center nurses bald eagle chick back to health Updated: Jun-21-15 4:32 am
MEDINA, Ohio - A young bald eagle is being nursed back to health after being knocked from its nest during a violent storm in northern Ohio.
- Newton-Wellesley nurses announce 1-day strike Updated: Jun-19-15 12:40 pm
WELLESLEY, Massachusetts - Registered nurses at Newton-Wellesley Hospital have issued the required 10-day notice of their intent to conduct a one-day strike.
- Grambling State undergraduate nursing program loses approval Updated: Jun-12-15 3:36 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana State Board of Nursing has voted to suspend Grambling State University's undergraduate nursing program because of poor test scores.
- DC Council to consider staffing requirements for nurses Updated: Jun-11-15 3:20 am
WASHINGTON - The D.C. Council is considering a bill that registered nurses say will improve patient care by establishing new staffing requirements for nurses at hospitals.
- Union objects to privatizing school nurses, substitutes Updated: Jun-10-15 1:52 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Federation of Teachers says students' health could be endangered if the district outsources school nurse services.
- Kona Community Hospital to make cuts, close nursing unit Updated: Jun-09-15 12:36 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Kona Community Hospital will cut 34 positions and shut down its nursing unit in an effort to rid a $6 million hole in the budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
- After surviving bout with leukemia, woman becomes a nurse Updated: Jun-08-15 9:17 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The almost never-ending blood tests, the continual rotation of intravenous bags, the antiseptic hospital smell all seemed familiar.