- Striking Zimbabwean nurses refuse to work night shift Updated: May-06-15 1:07 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Nurses in Zimbabwe are refusing to work the night shift in the southern African nation's public hospitals and clinics in a nationwide strike over salaries.
- Nurses approve 4-year contract with University of Chicago Updated: May-06-15 12:41 pm
CHICAGO - Nurses at the University of Chicago Medical Center have voted to ratify a four-year contract.
- Nurses at 6 hospitals across California strike over staffing Updated: Apr-30-15 1:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Registered nurses at six California hospitals went on strike Thursday over staffing levels and other issues during contract negotiations, a move the medical centers called "inappropriate" but said would not interrupt services.
- Kansas Wesleyan 2015 graduates will be accredited Updated: Apr-24-15 12:22 pm
SALINA, Kansas - Students graduating from Kansas Wesleyan's nursing program on May 9 will have degrees with national accreditation, even though the school voluntarily withdrew from its accrediting organization in March, university officials said.
- NY nurses push legislature for staffing ratio limits Updated: Apr-21-15 12:22 pm
ALBANY, New York - Hundreds of nurses from around New York state have come to the Capitol to urge lawmakers to require hospitals to meet minimum staffing requirements.
- Doctors, nurses deliver flip-flops to Gov. Scott Updated: Apr-19-15 3:05 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's doctors and nurses are weighing in on the fight over Medicaid expansion.
- CDC recognizes SD woman for immunizing Hutterite children Updated: Apr-18-15 4:44 pm
PARKSTON, South Dakota - A nurse from southeastern South Dakota who has helped vaccinate hundreds of Hutterite children in various colonies has been honored by the country's highest disease prevention agency.
- Nursing students collect shoes for water in Uganda Updated: Apr-15-15 3:26 pm
LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Your spare shoes could provide clean water to families in Uganda.
- Hawaii state nurses ratify new contract Updated: Apr-15-15 12:01 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii state nurses have ratified a new labor contract that includes 4 percent raises.
- Grambling State's School of Nursing gets accreditation Updated: Apr-09-15 4:07 am
GRAMBLING, Louisiana - Grambling State University's School of Nursing has been approved for accreditation through 2020 by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- New nursing school will double number of nursing graduates Updated: Apr-08-15 7:40 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Construction was beginning Wednesday on a new nursing school building at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College campus.
- EXCHANGE: Patient simulators help prospective nurses Updated: Apr-07-15 8:23 am
MALTA, Illinois - Melissa Thompson lay in her hospital bed, eight months pregnant. Her blood pressure was skyrocketing, and she was complaining of headaches.
- Nursing education center planned for Providence delayed Updated: Apr-07-15 6:49 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A nursing education center in Providence set to be complete in time for the start of the fall 2016 semester at the University of Rhode Island has been delayed.
- Martinez signs bill to encourage nurses to become educators Updated: Apr-06-15 4:07 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Gov. Susana Martinez has signed legislation that supporters say will help address New Mexico's shortage of nurses.
- Ventas buys Ardent, spinning off skilled nursing facilities Updated: Apr-06-15 10:25 am
NEW YORK - Ventas Inc. will pay $1.75 billion for Ardent Medical Services Inc. and will spin off most of its skilled nursing facilities into a publicly traded real estate investment trust. It shares got a lift in morning trading.