- Rubio says strength is only way to maintain peace with China Updated: Aug-27-15 8:20 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says the United States must bolster its military, push for more free trade and hold China far more accountable on human rights.
- Christie embarks on TV blitz to gain campaign traction Updated: Aug-27-15 7:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie embarked on a TV blitz Thursday as he works to gain traction in his 2016 Republican presidential primary campaign.
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year Updated: Aug-27-15 6:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Democratic National Committee barely has more cash than it does IOUs, and it is being outraised month after month by its Republican competitor.
- Congressman, North Carolina lawmakers supporting Jeb Bush Updated: Aug-27-15 5:40 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A congressman and key General Assembly leaders are atop Jeb Bush's campaign support group in North Carolina.
- Ben Carson gains support as the other political outsider Updated: Aug-27-15 5:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Ben Carson's genial way of politicking is proving to be a draw for voters who like Donald Trump's status as a outsider but not his belligerence.
- Kobach: Trump correct on immigration proposals Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said he agrees with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's proposals to build a wall along the southern border and end "birthright citizenship" for children born to parents who are in the U.S. illegally.
- Trump, Cruz to hold joint event to blast Iran deal Updated: Aug-27-15 5:17 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - GOP presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are expected to headline a Capitol Hill rally against President Obama's proposed nuclear agreement with Iran, both candidates confirmed Thursday.
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists Updated: Aug-27-15 2:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday drew parallels between terrorist organizations and the field of Republican candidates for president when it comes to their views on women, telling an Ohio audience her potential GOP rivals were pushing "out of date" policies.
- Warren, coy on whether to seek re-election, stockpiles cash Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is stockpiling campaign cash from liberal supporters across the country even though she hasn't committed to a 2018 re-election bid.
- Bush campaign raffling off ticket to Colbert debut Updated: Aug-27-15 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - Jeb Bush isn't just going to be a guest on Stephen Colbert's late-night debut on CBS. He's turned it into a fundraising opportunity.
- Trump dumps insults on questioners, insists on control Updated: Aug-27-15 6:19 am
WASHINGTON - For Donald Trump, the joy of the insult seems as compelling as the art of the deal.
- Secrets have long slipped into State Department email Updated: Aug-27-15 3:06 am
WASHINGTON - During the 2012 attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, State Department officials in Washington were emailing one another with updates in real time. Embedded in those messages were nuggets of classified information, including an apparent reference to a CIA facility that was a closely guarded secret.
- Maryland governor to host fundraiser for Chris Christie Updated: Aug-27-15 2:19 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is scheduled to host a fundraiser for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's presidential bid.
- Experts: Trump, Ramos confrontation shouldn't be a surprise Updated: Aug-26-15 10:50 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump's onscreen confrontation with Univision's Jorge Ramos on Tuesday over the Republican presidential candidate's immigration plan should only be a surprise to those who don't know Ramos.
- Trump says he's proud he booted Univision's Ramos from event Updated: Aug-26-15 10:07 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday he's proud of kicking one of the country's best-known Spanish-language journalists out of an Iowa news conference - the latest in a series of clashes with the media.
- Clinton, Kobach spar in social media flap over voting rights Updated: Aug-26-15 4:46 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach traded barbs this week over social media with Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on voting rights.
- Congo's president signs legislation for elections Updated: Aug-26-15 4:18 pm
KINSHASA, Congo - Congo's president has signed legislation to keep elections on a timeline proposed by an independent commission, a government spokesman said Wednesday, as the new U.S. envoy for the region urged respect for the constitution and electoral calendar.
- Rand Paul makes Northwest campaign stops Updated: Aug-26-15 3:03 pm
SEATTLE - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul, making the first of several Pacific Northwest campaign stops in Seattle, spoke about constitutional issues and dysfunction in the nation's capital.
- GOP candidate Jeb Bush holds fundraiser in Salt Lake City Updated: Aug-26-15 12:18 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush was in Salt Lake City on Tuesday for a fundraising luncheon where he spoke about presidential candidate Donald Trump and the GOP's need to appeal to Latino and African American voters.
- Kasich adds Lansing-area stop to swing through Michigan Updated: Aug-26-15 12:03 pm
BATH TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Republican presidential candidate John Kasich plans to add another public stop to next week's swing through Michigan.
- Trump vows never to eat Oreos again, citing move to Mexico Updated: Aug-25-15 10:52 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump repeated his claim Tuesday evening that he would stop eating Oreos, citing the cookie maker's decision to close a plant in Chicago and move it to Mexico.
- Trump has Univision anchor removed from new conference Updated: Aug-25-15 10:20 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump engaged in a prolonged confrontation with the anchor of the nation's leading Spanish-language network during a news conference Tuesday, first having the well-known news personality removed before allowing him back in.
- Fox News chief: Donald Trump owes Megyn Kelly an apology Updated: Aug-25-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Fox News chief Roger Ailes said Tuesday that Donald Trump owes the network's Megyn Kelly an apology for an unprovoked Twitter attack that "is as unacceptable as it is disturbing," but Trump isn't backing down.
- Colorado Republicans cancel presidential poll at caucuses Updated: Aug-25-15 6:23 pm
DENVER - Republicans in Colorado have decided to diminish the swing state's early role in their party's presidential nominating contest.
- Perry, Santorum presidential hopes undercut by own donors Updated: Aug-25-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The two returning Republican presidential candidates have struggled to keep their own donors interested.