- In governor's race, Havenstein sees a choice Updated: Apr-16-14 1:24 pm
- New Jersey panel could call Christie to testify Updated: Apr-16-14 1:17 pm
- Republican convention scouts visit Denver Updated: Apr-16-14 8:10 am
- 2 Ohio visits slated as GOP seeks convention site Updated: Apr-16-14 3:07 am
- Rubio: Terrorists training in Syria may strike US Updated: Apr-15-14 8:51 pm
- Alleged Hillary Clinton shoe thrower detained Updated: Apr-15-14 8:14 pm
- Walker kicks off re-election campaign with rallies Updated: Apr-15-14 1:07 pm
- Santorum: Security a key issue leading up to 2016 Updated: Apr-14-14 3:05 pm
- Experts: Money is hurdle to landing GOP convention Updated: Apr-14-14 9:50 am
- Rand Paul: US 'can't invite the whole world' Updated: Apr-13-14 12:08 pm
- Nevada GOP removes social issues from platform Updated: Apr-13-14 12:04 am
- Wills named executive director for Missouri GOP Updated: Apr-11-14 5:12 pm
- Jindal hires new press secretary Updated: Apr-11-14 4:54 pm
- Shoe thrown at Hillary Clinton during speech Updated: Apr-11-14 12:04 am
- Bush gets ovation from Connecticut Republicans Updated: Apr-10-14 10:17 pm
- 2016 campaign checklist: Hillary Clinton Updated: Apr-10-14 6:38 pm
- 2016 campaign checklist: Jeb Bush Updated: Apr-10-14 6:34 pm
- Hillary Clinton book to be released June 10 Updated: Apr-09-14 1:04 pm
- In Iowa, Huckabee drops few hints about 2016 Updated: Apr-08-14 10:07 pm
- Bill would move Mo. presidential primary to March Updated: Apr-08-14 6:18 pm
- Columbus will seek Democratic convention Updated: Apr-07-14 7:44 am
- NC probes questionable ballots from 2012 election Updated: Apr-02-14 7:04 pm
- GOP convention decision disappoints Brewer Updated: Apr-02-14 3:37 pm
- Kansas City remains in race for GOP convention Updated: Apr-02-14 2:24 pm
- Jindal: GOP needs 'Obamacare' alternative Updated: Apr-02-14 1:54 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Former defense contractor Walt Havenstein on Wednesday joined the race to become New Hampshire's next governor, stressing his business credentials as the proper tools to help improve what he called the state's flagging economy.
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey legislative committee investigating a traffic jam orchestrated by Chris Christie's aides plans to start calling people who work for him to testify beginning next month - and it hasn't ruled out asking to hear from the governor himself.
DENVER - Denver is putting out the welcome mat for a group from the Republican National Committee on the first of six visits to potential hosts for the party's national convention in 2016.
CINCINNATI - The two Ohio cities still in contention to host the 2016 Republican National Convention will be visited in late April by party staff or members of a selection committee.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio warned Tuesday that terrorists training in ungoverned swaths of Syria could "soon" attack American interests around the world - or even on the nation's home soil.
PHOENIX - A federal magistrate on Tuesday ordered a Phoenix woman to remain jailed until she is returned to Las Vegas to face federal charges alleging she threw a shoe at Hillary Rodham Clinton during a speech.
DANE, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker, touting nearly $2 billion in tax cuts over the past three years and the addition of more than 100,000 jobs, officially launched his re-election campaign Tuesday with a series of rallies across Wisconsin.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum said Monday that foreign affairs, including the situation in the Ukraine, will be a key issue for the nation in the run up to the 2016 presidential election.
CINCINNATI - To hold the Republican National Convention in Cincinnati, supporters must figure out how a host committee can raise the millions in private money that will be needed and also spruce up the downtown arena.
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Republican Party stripped opposition to abortion and gay marriage from its platform Saturday as state convention delegates instead focused on judging fellow Republicans on their worthiness to serve in office and adherence to GOP values.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A former aide to Rick Santorum's presidential campaign is the new executive director of the Missouri Republican Party.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. Bobby Jindal has a new press secretary with experience working on a Republican presidential campaign.
LAS VEGAS - A woman was taken into federal custody Thursday after throwing a shoe at Hillary Rodham Clinton as the former secretary of state began a Las Vegas convention keynote speech.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Former Florida governor and possible presidential candidate Jeb Bush says Republicans need to present a "hopeful, optimistic" vision to voters, restoring opportunities for social mobility and reforming immigration laws.
WASHINGTON - A look at Hillary Rodham Clinton's preparations for a potential 2016 presidential campaign:
A look at preparations by former Gov. Jeb Bush, R-Fla., for a potential 2016 presidential campaign:
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's new book on her time as President Barack Obama's secretary of state will be released on June 10, her publisher says.
WAUKEE, Iowa - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee headlined a conservative forum Tuesday in Iowa, but he dropped few clues about whether he was considering a second run for president, despite having won the state's coveted leadoff caucuses six years ago.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's presidential primary could be pushed back from February to March under a proposal endorsed by the state Senate.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Though Columbus was rejected as a site for the 2016 Republican National Convention, area tourism officials say they will now focus on luring the Democrats.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Board of Elections is investigating hundreds of cases in which voters appear to have cast ballots in two states during the 2012 presidential election.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer says she is disappointed that Phoenix is out of contention to host the next Republican National Convention.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City remains in the running to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
WASHINGTON - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, on Wednesday offered a Republican alternative to President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, saying states should play a greater role in containing health care costs while giving consumers more flexibility in choosing insurance plans.