- KY Sen. Paul to keynote Ohio county GOP dinner Updated: Mar-06-14 6:13 pm
- Romney backs Iowa Republican Ernst for US Senate Updated: Mar-05-14 5:46 pm
- Wisconsin Rep. Ryan to headline 2nd Iowa GOP event Updated: Mar-05-14 11:35 am
- Analysis: Obama budget tries to have it both ways Updated: Mar-04-14 4:52 pm
- Sandy victims seek Christie counsel at town hall Updated: Mar-04-14 3:42 pm
- Schwarzenegger backs Ohio city for GOP convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:58 pm
- Kansas City makes pitch for Republican convention Updated: Mar-03-14 5:06 pm
- Seattle passes on 2016 Dem National Convention Updated: Mar-03-14 11:25 am
- Obama revs up Dems as election year encroaches Updated: Mar-01-14 3:57 am
- Tea party ready for fight with GOP establishment Updated: Feb-28-14 6:42 pm
- California Gov. Jerry Brown will seek re-election Updated: Feb-27-14 8:16 pm
- Texas Gov. Perry avoids 2016 talk in Iowa Updated: Feb-27-14 7:31 pm
- Arizona GOP: Bill won't hurt 2016 convention bid Updated: Feb-27-14 7:26 pm
- Cincy, Cleveland, Columbus make RNC convention cut Updated: Feb-27-14 5:08 pm
- Las Vegas a finalist to host 2016 GOP convention Updated: Feb-27-14 10:05 am
- Trump: Christie will move past scandals Updated: Feb-26-14 10:37 pm
- Conn. Senate leader says he won't seek re-election Updated: Feb-26-14 6:06 pm
- St. Louis looks to host Democratic convention Updated: Feb-26-14 3:08 pm
- Biden: Clinton 2016 decision won't affect his Updated: Feb-25-14 12:05 pm
- Mo. House panel endorses moving primary to March Updated: Feb-25-14 10:22 am
- Bill Clinton takes 2014 surrogate role, helps Dems Updated: Feb-24-14 5:56 pm
- Governors erupt in partisan dispute at White House Updated: Feb-24-14 3:56 pm
- Denver submits bid for 2016 GOP convention Updated: Feb-24-14 2:56 pm
- La.'s Landrieu looks for independent, GOP support Updated: Feb-23-14 2:51 pm
- NJ's Christie keeps low profile as Dems attack Updated: Feb-22-14 4:33 pm
CINCINNATI - Potential 2016 presidential candidate Rand Paul of Kentucky will be the keynote speaker for a major southwest Ohio Republican banquet, a GOP official announced Thursday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is endorsing for re-election a handful of federal lawmakers, as well as a state senator from Iowa seeking that state's GOP Senate nomination.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan is planning his second trip to Iowa since running as the Republicans' 2012 vice presidential nominee.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama tried to have it both ways Tuesday with an election-year budget that paid faint lip service to reducing federal deficits, then piled on about $1 trillion in tax increases and hundreds of billions in higher spending designed to appeal to economically squeezed voters rather than congressional foes of red ink.
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - At the latest in a series of town halls, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie heard Tuesday from people who are still kept from their homes 16 months after being driven out by Superstorm Sandy and others frustrated with the pace and expense of storm recovery.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is putting his muscle behind a bid by Columbus to host the 2016 Republican National Convention, even as the powerful U.S. House Speaker said he favors a different Ohio city close to his home district.
Mayor Sly James sang and others talked up Kansas City's ability to put on a good show as a delegation of about two dozen people made a pitch Monday to host the 2016 Republican National Convention in Missouri.
SEATTLE - Seattle was one of dozens of cities invited by the Democratic National Committee to bid on hosting the 2016 national convention that will nominate the party's candidate for president.
WASHINGTON - If President Barack Obama and Democrats have their way, voters will see this year's midterm elections as a stark choice: Republicans pushing failed policies from a bygone era versus Democrats advocating for freedom and opportunity for all Americans.
WASHINGTON - Tea partyers insist they're not to blame for Republican election losses in congressional and presidential elections, faulting the GOP establishment for showing little fight.
LOS ANGELES - California Gov. Jerry Brown formally launched his re-election campaign Thursday, stepping into a contest that the former three-time presidential candidate is expected to dominate.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Texas Gov. Rick Perry returned to Iowa Thursday for a visit he said was focused on helping the state's Republican governor seek re-election - and not on a potential 2016 presidential bid of his own.
PHOENIX - State legislation that would have allowed business owners to refuse to serve gays for religious reasons likely won't impact Phoenix's chances of hosting the 2016 national convention, Arizona Republican Party officials said Thursday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's three largest cities - Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus - have been named finalists in the competition to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas is among the eight finalists vying to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
SOMERSET, New Jersey - Real estate developer Donald Trump told a group of New Jersey Republicans he expects New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to make it through the scandals that are plaguing his administration.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Longtime state Senate President Donald Williams announced Wednesday he will not seek re-election to the General Assembly in November.
ST. LOUIS - The city of St. Louis again wants to host the Democratic National Convention.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri House panel has endorsed legislation that would move the state's presidential primary to March 15.
WASHINGTON - Bill Clinton, popular in territory unfriendly to President Barack Obama, is reprising his role as a super-surrogate for Democrats battling to keep their Senate majority and win other races. In the long run, Clinton could pick up political chits for his wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, should she run for president in 2016.
WASHINGTON - The nation's governors emerged from a meeting with President Barack Obama on Monday claiming harmony, only to immediately break into an on-camera partisan feud in front of the West Wing.
DENVER - Denver on Monday formally submitted its bid to host the 2016 Republican National Convention, arguing that its success with the 2008 Democratic convention shows it can handle such a large event.
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Democrat Mary Landrieu's quest for a fourth Senate term will turn on whether she can attract just enough support from independents and Republicans to win in this increasingly conservative state.
WASHINGTON - Moving cautiously to repair his image, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is maintaining a low profile this weekend as the nation's governors gather in Washington.