- Senate passes bill to hit North Korea with harsher sanctions Updated: Feb-10-16 6:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Seeking to derail North Korea's drive for nuclear weapons, Republican and Democratic senators set aside their partisan differences Wednesday to unanimously pass legislation aimed at starving Pyongyang of the money it needs to build an atomic arsenal.
- Bernie Sanders to campaign at progressive summit in Reno Updated: Feb-10-16 6:47 pm
RENO, Nevada - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is campaigning at the University of Nevada, Reno over the weekend.
- What Christie faces as he returns to New Jersey from trail Updated: Feb-10-16 6:28 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Welcome back, Gov. Chris Christie.
- Ohio bill to strip Planned Parenthood funds heads to Kasich Updated: Feb-10-16 6:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is expected to sign a bill stripping government money from Planned Parenthood, a move that might help him with conservatives who dominate the upcoming Republican presidential primary in South Carolina.
- The Latest: Planned Parenthood targets Kasich in online ads Updated: Feb-10-16 5:59 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on an Ohio proposal that seeks to strip government funding away from Planned Parenthood (all times local):
- House votes to repeal Presidential Preference Election Updated: Feb-10-16 5:51 pm
PHOENIX - The House has voted to repeal the state-funded version of the presidential primary.
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- The Latest: Clinton to campaign with mother of Sandra Bland Updated: Feb-10-16 5:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Wisconsin's Feingold avoiding Democratic presidential pick Updated: Feb-10-16 4:33 pm
MILWAUKEE - Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders? The question is much more than a ballot choice for Democrat Russ Feingold, whose hopes of reclaiming the Senate seat he held for 18 years rests with Wisconsin voters heavily invested in the presidential nomination fight.
- Sanders buys Minnesota ad time as caucuses approach Updated: Feb-10-16 4:23 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The campaign for the presidential nomination is about to hit the airwaves in Minnesota.
- Donald Trump skewered in Funny or Die film Updated: Feb-10-16 2:52 pm
NEW YORK - In one of the more elaborate and unexpected spoofs of Donald Trump, Johnny Depp has joined the ranks of the combed-over, starring in a mock documentary released the morning after the GOP candidate's primary victory in New Hampshire.
- UW-Milwaukee preps for Democratic presidential debate Updated: Feb-10-16 1:13 pm
MILWAUKEE - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee planners, grounds crew and students have been putting in some long days to make sure everything is set for this week's Democratic presidential debate.
- Wednesday is registration deadline for Massachusetts primary Updated: Feb-10-16 9:26 am
BOSTON - The deadline has arrived for Massachusetts residents who are eligible to vote in the state's presidential primary.
- Feingold to skip Democratic presidential debate in Milwaukee Updated: Feb-10-16 9:15 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Russ Feingold is skipping the Democratic presidential debate in his home state of Wisconsin.
- New Hampshire Takeaways: Donald Trump proves he's a winner Updated: Feb-10-16 8:09 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters have made their picks: Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders. They are choices with implications for next-to-vote South Carolina, Nevada and beyond in the 2016 race for president.
- Early voting kicks off for Tennessee presidential primary Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Voters are going to the polls Wednesday in the first day of early voting to make their choices in Tennessee's March 1 presidential primary.
- Rubio returns to South Carolina for town hall meetings Updated: Feb-10-16 3:58 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Marco Rubio is making a few campaign stops in South Carolina before returning to Washington for Senate votes.
- Kasich kicking off SC swing with events in Lowcountry Updated: Feb-10-16 3:57 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, South Carolina - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is bringing his momentum from New Hampshire to South Carolina this week ahead of this weekend's debate.
- Bush, Carson, Cruz, Rubio expected for SC faith forum Updated: Feb-10-16 3:55 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Four Republican presidential hopefuls are among those expected at a discussion on faith issues in South Carolina, a week before the state's first primary election.
- AP News Guide: A big validation for Sanders, Trump Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - It's getting harder to shake off Donald Trump as just a hot-air balloon and Bernie Sanders as a pie-in-the-sky political revolutionary.
- Donald Trump brings campaign back to South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 am
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump is returning to South Carolina to campaign in advance of next week's GOP presidential primary.
- Sources: Sanders to meet with Rev. Al Sharpton in New York Updated: Feb-09-16 9:50 pm
NEW YORK - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders plans to meet with the Rev. Al Sharpton over breakfast in New York City.
- Exit of California Senate candidate could help ailing GOP Updated: Feb-09-16 8:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - The sudden withdrawal of one of the Republican candidates in California's U.S. Senate race could help a party that's been battered in recent statewide elections, although Democrats remain favorites to hold the seat now occupied by Sen. Barbara Boxer.
- Nevada Democrats plan Hillary, Bernie town hall in Las Vegas Updated: Feb-09-16 5:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada state Democrats say presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will take part in a town hall event in Las Vegas on Feb. 18, two days before the state party caucus.
- Iowa high court to consider state's ban on voting by felons Updated: Feb-09-16 2:28 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - In a major voting rights case, the Iowa Supreme Court will consider whether to relax the state's lifetime ban on voting by convicted felons.