- Washington budget writer leaving House to run Early Learning Updated: Aug-31-15 8:44 pm
SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee announced Monday he has appointed Rep. Ross Hunter, the House budget writer, to be the new director of the Department of Early Learning.
- Georgia governor proposes $50M more on pre-kindergarten Updated: Aug-31-15 7:56 am
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal said he wants to spend $50 million to reverse cuts to Georgia's pre-kindergarten program that increased class sizes and cut teacher pay.
- Officials: Missing forms needed for students to attend class Updated: Aug-26-15 5:22 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Officials with Jefferson County Public Schools say they are still waiting on immunization forms from about 1,200 of its youngest students.
- NYC pre-K program to include 4,500 half-day seats Updated: Aug-20-15 10:55 am
NEW YORK - New York City's pre-kindergarten program will include 4,500 half-day seats in addition to about 70,000 full-day seats.
- Pennsylvania teacher shares a love of learning with babies Updated: Aug-15-15 3:22 am
YORK, Pennsylvania - By 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, two babies squirmed in Chayanee Propst's lap and a few more crawled on the floor around her in the YWCA's "Bumblebee" room.
- Rhode Island College to help childcare workers get degree Updated: Aug-11-15 5:13 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island College is offering a program intended to make it easier for childcare workers to earn a bachelor's degree in early childhood education.
- Missouri agency will not recover $1.5 mln in overpayments Updated: Aug-06-15 6:12 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri agency has no plans to recover what a state audit described as more than $1.5 million in overpayments for an early childhood development program, according to a follow-up review released Thursday.