- Pence seeks pre-K vouchers, road money in 2nd year Updated: Dec-05-13 6:07 pm
- AG Coakley: Education a focus of campaign for gov. Updated: Dec-05-13 5:49 pm
- Mo. education committee releases report Updated: Dec-04-13 5:19 am
- GM Foundation gift creates 256 preschool slots Updated: Dec-02-13 4:17 pm
- De Blasio pushes NY lawmakers for pre-k plan Updated: Dec-02-13 3:46 pm
- Hawaii parents encouraged to seek preschool aid Updated: Nov-29-13 3:04 pm
- Maine eyes expanding pre-kindergarten programs Updated: Nov-27-13 2:22 pm
- Taveras pushes for statewide pre-K education Updated: Nov-26-13 12:37 pm
- Maine lawmaker pushes statewide pre-kindergarten Updated: Nov-26-13 7:46 am
- Teacher raises, pre-K funding a target for Bentley Updated: Nov-25-13 4:37 pm
- Purdue grant to explore early childhood curricula Updated: Nov-25-13 4:04 am
- Ketchikan schools find fault with state ed regs Updated: Nov-23-13 7:59 am
- Federal probe sought in Fla. pre-k diabetic issue Updated: Nov-17-13 4:40 am
- Jennifer Garner promotes early childhood education Updated: Nov-13-13 2:28 pm
- NC high court says school complaint is moot Updated: Nov-08-13 6:00 pm
- Top OH teacher runs preschool, teen students help Updated: Nov-07-13 3:06 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's school voucher program, already the broadest in the nation, would be expanded to preschool-aged children under a plan Gov. Mike Pence announced Thursday as part of his 2014 agenda.
BOSTON - Attorney General Martha Coakley said the state should take some of the money it's spending "warehousing" nonviolent offenders and help inmates get job training or pass the GED high school equivalency test.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri House interim education committee is recommending changes to student transfers, more funding for early childhood education and increased learning time for students.
DETROIT - The General Motors Foundation is donating $500,000 to the authority that operates historically low-performing schools in Detroit to create preschool education spots for 256 children.
NEW YORK - New York City Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio took another step Monday to push lawmakers to pass his universal pre-kindergarten plan and said that a full-on campaign on the issue was imminent.
HONOLULU - Hawaii officials are encouraging parents to apply for preschool subsidies, even if they don't think they'll qualify.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers and advocates are pushing a plan aimed at making pre-kindergarten programs available at every school district in the state but there are questions how schools or the state could afford such a task.
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Providence Mayor Angel Taveras is pushing for statewide pre-kindergarten education for 4-year-old children.
AUGUSTA, Maine - A state lawmaker is urging Maine to pass legislation that would require every school district in the state to offer pre-kindergarten programs.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gov. Robert Bentley said funding for pre-kindergarten programs and pay raises for teachers will be among his highest priorities during the next legislative session.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - A team led by Purdue University researchers has been tapped to create a curriculum for U.S. Department of Defense child development centers serving more than 200,000 children around the world.
KETCHIKAN, Alaska - The Ketchikan School District said it had to spend $7,000 to conduct background checks and to fingerprint 31 preschool staff members to satisfy new state requirements, which it called redundant.
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - A federal investigation is being sought into claims that diabetic children are being turned away from many Florida pre-kindergarten programs.
WASHINGTON - Actress Jennifer Garner says education is "without a doubt the ticket out of poverty."
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's Supreme Court said Friday an appeal of a complaint involving changes to a pre-kindergarten program for needy children is moot because lawmakers have fixed the problem.
SMITHVILLE, Ohio - The Ohio Teacher of the Year is a northeast Ohio woman who teaches about child education and care and runs a preschool where her high school students get practical experience.