- Legislature OKs $4.3M to shore up districts' preschool funds Updated: Sep-29-15 4:29 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Legislature is adding $4.3 million to the new state budget to ensure school districts receive the same amount of funding for preschool slots as this year.
- More families opting into Iowa's Voluntary Preschool Program Updated: Sep-28-15 4:08 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A free statewide program is helping preschool become a more popular option for families with young children across Iowa.
- Study examines effectiveness of Tennessee's pre-K program Updated: Sep-28-15 1:57 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam said Monday that he's still supportive of Tennessee's pre-kindergarten program despite a study that shows academic gains made by some of the children enrolled fade in early elementary grades.
- Preschool becoming expected for public schools Updated: Sep-26-15 9:32 am
RENO, Nevada - Children pour into the classroom, backpacks bouncing off the backs of their knees.
- Singer and mom Shakira promotes early childhood development Updated: Sep-24-15 8:49 pm
NEW YORK - Shakira, a longtime promoter of early childhood development and education, says being a mother has given her an even stronger connection to the issue.
- Grant opens pre-K spots in Monroe schools Updated: Sep-23-15 7:51 am
MONROE, Louisiana - Twenty spots are available in a program that brings pre-kindergarten education to early child care centers in Monroe.
- New Jersey lawmakers to look at early childhood education Updated: Sep-21-15 2:18 am
A New Jersey lawmaker is trying to figure out how to pay to expand early childhood learning programs for children from birth through kindergarten.
- Twin Falls boy overcomes odds, takes first steps Updated: Sep-19-15 9:49 am
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Elijah Walling had a huge smile on his face as he walked around the living room Sept. 1.
- A look at the differences in what Republicans, Wolf want Updated: Sep-18-15 10:48 am
The budget stalemate between Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf and leaders of the House and Senate Republican majorities in the Pennsylvania Legislature has hit 80 days. Here is a summary of their key objectives and what they have made public about their compromise offers:
- Officials laud preschool, but urge caution on any expansion Updated: Sep-16-15 3:19 pm
BOSTON - Top education officials in Gov. Charlie Baker's administration said Wednesday that preschool classes were critical to narrowing a stubborn achievement gap in Massachusetts schools, but they cautioned lawmakers that expanding early childhood education too rapidly could sacrifice quality for quantity.
- From preschool to college: Newby and Kaaya still have ties Updated: Sep-15-15 1:07 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - If Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya helps the Hurricanes beat Nebraska, it would perhaps be doubly disappointing for standout Cornhuskers running back Terrell Newby.