- Law enforcement adds backing to Wolf's pre-kindergarten plan Updated: May-26-15 3:49 pm
CAMP HILL, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf is getting help from law enforcement officials in his push to persuade lawmakers to spend more money to raise the quality of Pennsylvania's pre-kindergarten programs.
- Dayton proposes tax cut in exchange for more education money Updated: May-23-15 6:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov, Mark Dayton proposed a tax cut in return for a scaled-back version of his plan for universal preschool for all 4-year-olds.
- Dayton takes preschool pitch to Minnesota's tiniest students Updated: May-22-15 5:56 pm
APPLE VALLEY, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton took his pitch for statewide preschool directly to Minnesota's smallest students on Friday as he gears up to convince legislators to fund one of his top priorities.
- Dayton says special session would shower focus on pre-k plan Updated: May-17-15 7:11 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A combative Gov. Mark Dayton isn't backing away from a veto threat over an education bill that leaves out his preschool expansion plan, saying lawmakers should prepare for a special session.
- Report: Washington has too few kids in quality preschool Updated: May-11-15 4:31 pm
SEATTLE - The number of children enrolled in Washington state programs that provide preschool for low-income kids remains too low, a new report released Monday says.
- Wide disparities remain in access to state pre-K Updated: May-11-15 2:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - Disparities in access to early learning opportunities have increased, with some states enrolling nearly all children in their pre-kindergarten programs and others not offering any services, according to a national study on early education released Monday.
- Abbott's upgrade to Texas pre-K gets Senate approval Updated: May-07-15 7:14 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - After months of criticism from both sides of the political spectrum, the Texas Senate on Thursday approved Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's proposed pre-K upgrade - a plan that tea party activists condemn as socialist and educators tepidly embrace as better than nothing.
- Officer surprises son's pre-K class with story time on Skype Updated: May-07-15 3:55 am
SPRINGFIELD, Virginia - A Virginia preschool boy got a big surprise when he walked into class to find his dad, an Air Force officer serving in Afghanistan, leading story time via Skype.
- Opelika schools to eliminate pre-kindergarten next year Updated: Apr-29-15 4:23 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - Opelika City Schools plans to eliminate pre-kindergarten classes.
- Denver-area school won't let child eat cookies in lunchbox Updated: Apr-29-15 1:31 pm
AURORA, Colorado - A suburban Denver 4-year-old came home from school disappointed, with untouched Oreos and a note from her teacher.