- 100 trees donated to Charleston 10,000 tree effort Updated: Dec-06-13 4:05 am
- Investment firm wins auction for SD beef plant Updated: Dec-05-13 4:15 pm
- Walker presides over tree lighting ceremony Updated: Dec-05-13 2:18 pm
- Houston-area toddler killed by falling branch Updated: Dec-05-13 9:26 am
- Police: Pine tree pilfered in fraternity pledging Updated: Dec-05-13 7:58 am
- Wis. DNR wants input on conifer management plans Updated: Dec-02-13 5:06 am
- Root rot threatens traditional Christmas fir trees Updated: Dec-02-13 4:53 am
- Officials warn gardeners of citrus tree disease Updated: Dec-01-13 3:08 pm
- Christmas trees head to Mo. governor's mansion Updated: Nov-30-13 11:55 am
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Pensacola lot Updated: Nov-29-13 6:48 am
- 3 evergreens selected for W.Va. holiday displays Updated: Nov-28-13 12:11 pm
- Wis. DNR urges public to prune trees in winter Updated: Nov-26-13 5:06 am
- Wis. DNR: Oak wilt found in state forest Updated: Nov-24-13 7:04 am
- Families can pick Christmas trees at LBL Updated: Nov-22-13 4:04 am
- 20-foot live oak finds new home on USC Horseshoe Updated: Nov-20-13 4:06 am
- Bidders qualifying for beef plant auction Updated: Nov-19-13 5:03 pm
- 2 charged with stealing 2,000 trees Updated: Nov-15-13 10:20 am
- Sprayed trees being attacked by pine beetles Updated: Nov-14-13 5:19 am
- BLM seeks comment on Pine Nut Mountains plan Updated: Nov-10-13 8:28 pm
- W.Va. Christmas tree farm works year-round Updated: Nov-10-13 9:44 am
- Research: Grizzlies not so dependent on pine nuts Updated: Nov-08-13 2:48 pm
- Morgan, Rhea counties have tree killing disease Updated: Nov-08-13 4:07 am
- Invasive insects infesting memorial grove of trees at site... Updated: Nov-07-13 12:48 pm
- Grizzly bear deaths drop in Greater Yellowstone Updated: Nov-05-13 1:48 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston's effort to plant 10,000 trees is sprouting.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A San Francisco-based investment banking firm on Thursday submitted the winning $44.3 million credit-and-cash bid for an idled South Dakota plant during a bankruptcy court auction in Sioux Falls.
MADISON, Wisconsin - After two lighting ceremonies, the lights of the Wisconsin state Capitol Christmas tree are now on for good.
TOMBALL, Texas - Police say a toddler has died after a 20-foot tree branch fell on the girl's stroller and also left her mother hurt in a freak accident in the Houston area.
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - There's one less tree standing at the University of Michigan after what police say was part of a fraternity pledging activity.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is seeking comments on new plans for managing conifer plantations on state properties.
BAKERSVILLE, North Carolina - Jeff Pollard trudged up the steep slope and stopped at a desiccated, rust-brown tree. Two months earlier, workers had tagged this Fraser fir as ready for market.
GULF BREEZE, Florida - A highly contagious disease that could radically damage citrus tree growth has been found in the Florida Panhandle, agriculture officials said.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - It soon will look a lot more like the holidays at the governor's mansion.
PENSACOLA, Florida - Deputies are investigating after the Grinch stole more than 50 Fraser fir trees from a Pensacola lot.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Ronald Fisher knew something needed to be done to the white pine that was growing precariously closer to his front porch in Charleston, so he's letting the state show it off.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources officials are urging people to prune their trees during the winter to help reduce the spread of diseases.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources officials say they discovered oak wilt in the Northern Highland American Legion State Forest near Woodruff last month.
GOLDEN POND, Kentucky - Families can go into the woods to find their Christmas trees in the Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area in western Kentucky.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A 20-foot live oak is getting a new home on the University of South Carolina campus where the school's oldest tree once grew.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Potential buyers of an idled, bankrupt South Dakota beef plant have until Friday to apply to become qualified bidders for the upcoming auction.
HIBBING, Minnesota - Two people are charged with stealing nearly 2,000 spruce trees from county-managed forestland in northeastern Minnesota.
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota Department of Agriculture says landowners who had their pine trees sprayed this year to protect them from mountain pine beetles have noted that trees are still getting lost.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Federal land managers are accepting public comment on a project aimed at reducing the fire danger to people and homes along the Pine Nut Mountains near Minden.
PLINY, West Virginia - While there is something magical about choosing the perfect Christmas tree, growing a superb holiday decoration takes dedication.
BOZEMAN, Montana - Grizzly bears in the greater Yellowstone ecosystem have a varied diet and are minimally affected by the decline in the number of whitebark pine trees, federal research found.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Department of Agriculture says a walnut tree killing disease has been found in Morgan and Rhea counties.
A grove of hemlock trees at the Flight 93 memorial in Pennsylvania is being threatened by an invasive insect that has spread over much of the state.
CASPER, Wyoming - Grizzly bear deaths have declined more than 50 percent this year in the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, a vast area centered on the national park but also including neighboring areas of northwestern Wyoming, eastern Idaho and southern Montana.