- Study recommends Green River dam removal Updated: Mar-09-14 10:19 am
- Texas lake welcomes back paddlefish gone for years Updated: Mar-05-14 2:11 pm
- NC says state permit now needed for reservoir Updated: Feb-25-14 10:47 am
- Lawsuits could lead to changes at fish hatcheries Updated: Feb-18-14 10:53 am
- Environmentalists fighting Otter's dam projects Updated: Feb-14-14 8:07 am
BROWNSVILLE, Kentucky - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has proposed removing a dam on the Green River near Mammoth Cave National Park.
UNCERTAIN, Texas - Deep beneath the surface of Texas' only naturally formed lake there used to swim a massive, open-mouthed dinosaur-era fish with a long snout and prized caviar. Now, decades after the paddlefish was almost completely wiped out, it's coming back to Caddo Lake.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's environmental agency is now requiring a state permit for a dam creating a reservoir on the First Broad River in Cleveland County west of Charlotte.
PARKDALE, Oregon - People on the West Coast have counted on fish hatcheries for more than a century to help rebuild populations of salmon and steelhead decimated by overfishing, logging, mining, agriculture and hydroelectric dams, and bring them to a level where government would no longer need to regulate fisheries.
BOISE, Idaho - Environmentalists are worried about new and expanded dams on southwestern Idaho rivers after lawmakers voted to inject millions into studying water storage projects pushed by Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter.