- Volunteers keep Klamath beavers moving Updated: Dec-10-13 6:46 pm
- EXCHANGE: More to Shelbyville than namesake lake Updated: Dec-10-13 12:47 pm
- Feds help Rocky Mount remove hazardous dam Updated: Dec-09-13 7:31 am
- Bend to explore preserving dam, Mirror Pond Updated: Dec-05-13 3:40 pm
- Good-sized fish plentiful on Missouri River Updated: Nov-28-13 3:12 pm
- Helicopter and beavers join forces on project Updated: Nov-28-13 11:07 am
- Companies propose Ohio River hydroelectric project Updated: Nov-21-13 10:29 am
- Flint-area community faces problems with dam Updated: Nov-20-13 12:55 pm
- The Rogue story: Dams gone, chinook return Updated: Nov-19-13 6:02 pm
- Elwha River sees largest run of Chinook in decades Updated: Nov-16-13 5:56 pm
FORT KLAMATH, Oregon - Just like the animals they're helping, Terry Simpson and Jayme Goodwin have been as busy as beavers.
SHELBYVILLE, Illinois - Beyond the shores of the lake that sports this town's name is a community rich in history, with neighbors helping neighbors and a personality all its own.
ROCKY MOUNT, Virginia - Rocky Mount is removing a hazardous low-head dam on the Pigg River.
BEND, Oregon - The Bend City Council has voted to explore preserving a city landmark, the dammed-up part of the Deschutes River known as Mirror Pond.
HELENA, Montana - Chances are, if you had a "trout on" while fishing on the Missouri River between Helena and Great Falls recently, it was a nice sized one.
CASPER, Wyoming - Keith Schoup and Pete Garrett are an unusual duo.
WHEELING, West Virginia - Two companies are proposing to build a hydroelectric power plant at the Pike Island Locks and Dam along the Ohio River in Wheeling.
GOODRICH, Michigan - The Flint-area community of Goodrich is working to deal with sinkholes that are increasing in size around a 100-year-old dam, an official said.
GOLD HILL, Oregon - Rowing just upstream of what used to be Gold Ray Dam last month, biologist Pete Samarin saw so many fall chinook splashing wildly within the Rogue River's gravelly riffle that he was lucky he didn't get drenched.
PORT ANGELES, Washington - The largest run of Chinook salmon in decades returned to the Elwha River this fall, according to officials with the Olympic National Park.