- 6 sea lions killed to protect Columbia salmon Updated: Apr-18-14 7:19 pm
- Utility alters plan for Skykomish River dam Updated: Apr-15-14 3:56 pm
- Big snowpack increases flood risk Updated: Apr-03-14 2:25 pm
- State grants go toward removing, renovating dams Updated: Apr-02-14 8:22 pm
- Dillon Dam could be removed by 2016 Updated: Mar-29-14 3:22 pm
- NC regulators cite Duke Energy for crack in dam Updated: Mar-28-14 3:56 pm
- Army Corps to begin killing birds Updated: Mar-28-14 12:22 pm
- Colorado River begins flooding Mexican delta Updated: Mar-27-14 6:49 pm
- NC regulators say Duke has repaired crack in dam Updated: Mar-25-14 4:45 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Six California sea lions have been euthanized to protect endangered salmon crossing Bonneville Dam on the Columbia River.
EVERETT, Washington - The Snohomish County Public Utility District has changed plans for a hydroelectric project on the Skykomish River near Index.
SPOKANE, Washington - Heavy snowfall in February and March above Lake Pend Oreille (pahn-du-RAY) has increased the snowpack to 130 to 150 percent of average and raised the prospect of flooding.
LANSING, Michigan - State wildlife officials have approved two projects to remove one dam and renovate another.
PENDLETON, Oregon - The Umatilla Basin Watershed Council has proposed removing the Dillon Dam by 2016 while maintaining irrigation rights established more than a century ago.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina regulators say they've cited Duke Energy for a crack in a dam at a coal ash pit near the Cape Fear River.
CLARKSTON, Washington - The Army Corps of Engineers this spring will begin killing birds at some Snake and Columbia river dams to help protect juvenile salmon and steelhead.
LOS ALGODONES, Mexico - Colorado River water has begun pouring over a barren delta near the U.S.-Mexico border, the result of a landmark bi-national agreement being celebrated Thursday.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina regulators say Duke Energy has repaired a crack in a dam at a coal ash pit near the Cape Fear River.