- Proposed dam project near Cody nets savings of $1 million Updated: May-02-15 5:11 pm
CODY, Wyoming - The Willwood Dam, long considered overdue for repair work on the Shoshone River, may finally get fixed after state officials came up with a novel suggestion: using compressed air to blast away decades of silt.
- Online tool helps measure dam removal effect on sea lamprey Updated: May-02-15 4:07 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A newly developed online tool is designed to shed light on how removing dams on rivers in the Great Lakes region would affect the invasive sea lamprey.
- McNary Dam projects help boost salmon returns Updated: Apr-17-15 1:04 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - An electronic message board keeps track of how much power is generated in real time at McNary Dam east of Umatilla. The sign displayed 479 megawatts Thursday afternoon, or enough electricity for 240,000 homes.
- Sardis Master Plan input sought Updated: Apr-16-15 4:06 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Whether it's to stroll along the lake, take a swim or launch a boat, Sardis Lake provides a variety of recreational opportunities to thousands of people.
- Yellowstone River dam work to start in fall Updated: Apr-15-15 5:34 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Construction is slated to start this fall on a major overhaul of a small irrigation dam along the lower Yellowstone River to allow endangered pallid sturgeon to pass upstream more easily, officials said Wednesday.
- 2 old dams that impede wild fish are on track for removal Updated: Apr-14-15 2:04 pm
ROGUE RIVER, Oregon - Two of Oregon's worst wild fish impediments are on track to be removed this summer.
- Aspen asks how Ute Water plans to use its resources Updated: Apr-12-15 3:08 pm
ASPEN, Colorado - Aspen and Pitkin County officials are raising questions about plans to send more water from Ruedi Reservoir down the Colorado River to benefit endangered fish, when the city needs the water for electricity and recreational fishing.
- Proposed dam puts Pearl River on endangered rivers list Updated: Apr-07-15 8:22 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A conservation group has declared the Pearl River one of the Top 10 Endangered Rivers for 2015 because a dam project proposed south of Jackson might threaten areas of the river downstream.