- Southeastern Indiana lake controls flooding, draws visitors Updated: Aug-23-15 1:08 am
BROOKVILLE, Indiana - War was the only thing that could stand in the way of the creation of Brookville Lake on the Whitewater River in southeastern Indiana.
- Ohio mayor says removal of dam in northwest Ohio delayed Updated: Aug-21-15 8:37 am
FREMONT, Ohio - A northwest Ohio mayor says removal of the Ballville Dam will be delayed for possibly a year because the Army Corps of Engineers wants more testing of sediment trapped behind the dam.
- Officials expect new dam to finish this fall Updated: Aug-16-15 10:29 am
DELHI, Iowa - Todd Gifford didn't have long to enjoy the perks of being a lakeside property owner.
- Excavators demolish dam to boost salmon migration Updated: Aug-14-15 1:29 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Three large excavators pulverized 80-year-old concrete at Fielder Dam, a 19-foot-tall relic on Evans Creek that hasn't diverted any irrigation water for three decades.
- Frankenmuth fish passage construction starts Updated: Aug-13-15 4:13 am
FRANKENMUTH, Michigan - It's all about the bass in Frankenmuth. Well, actually the walleye and their spawning habits.
- Corps to conduct pulse release at Gathright Dam Updated: Aug-10-15 2:08 am
COVINGTON, Virginia - A pulse release will be conducted at Gathright Dam this week as part of an ongoing project to improve the Jackson River's water quality and habitat.
- Fishermen worry over dam's release of warm water into river Updated: Aug-03-15 2:31 pm
NORFORK, Arkansas - Fishermen say they're concerned that warm water released from Norfork Dam will threaten trout that live in the river below.
- Study: Shasta Dam expansion feasible but financing unclear Updated: Jul-31-15 5:10 pm
WASHINGTON - A long-awaited study requested by Congress concludes that enlarging Shasta Dam in California by 18.5 feet is technically and economically feasible, though the Bureau of Reclamation declined to make a formal recommendation to move ahead with the project.