- Successful rifle deer hunting season in Vt. Updated: Dec-09-13 7:10 am
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound Updated: Dec-09-13 6:13 am
- Frederick official seeks change in hunting regs Updated: Dec-09-13 4:19 am
- Human skull found in Somona County park Updated: Dec-08-13 11:43 pm
- Objections filed against Idaho, Mont. forest plans Updated: Dec-08-13 4:40 pm
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Fla. Keys Updated: Dec-08-13 4:28 pm
- Forest plan for motorized vehicle use faces suit Updated: Dec-08-13 3:25 pm
- Fewer permits issued for NJ's black bear Updated: Dec-08-13 11:56 am
- Wichita falconer reunites with golden eagle Updated: Dec-08-13 11:44 am
- ND camper trailer living too cold for some Updated: Dec-08-13 11:35 am
- NPS extends public comment period on utility plan Updated: Dec-08-13 11:14 am
- Ohio man goes on 1,100-mile ride to thank Fla. doc Updated: Dec-08-13 10:59 am
- France's Fourcade, Norway's Solemdal win biathlon Updated: Dec-08-13 10:15 am
- Ohio awards money for boating safety education Updated: Dec-08-13 9:11 am
- Canadian hikers helped off NH mountain Updated: Dec-08-13 8:29 am
- Wis. board to get details on 2013 deer hunt Updated: Dec-08-13 7:05 am
- Skiers happy as Sierra storm drops 3 feet of snow Updated: Dec-07-13 9:06 pm
- Gene therapy scores big wins against blood cancers Updated: Dec-07-13 8:14 pm
- Puerto Rico police say US tourist drowns Updated: Dec-07-13 7:13 pm
- Hunters accuse Minn. DNR of racial profiling Updated: Dec-07-13 6:14 pm
- Cold, snow arriving in Pa. after brief warm-up Updated: Dec-07-13 5:55 pm
- Missouri works to dig out from snowstorm Updated: Dec-07-13 5:04 pm
- Mo. runners organize impromptu race in the snow Updated: Dec-07-13 4:43 pm
- Farm bureau raises brand fees to aid wolf control Updated: Dec-07-13 1:23 pm
- Feral hogs uproot sugar cane, rice fields, levees Updated: Dec-07-13 12:06 pm
LYNDONVILLE, Vermont - It's been a successful rifle deer hunting season on Vermont.
OCHOPEE, Florida - Authorities say an endangered Florida panther has been found dead of a suspected gunshot wound on federal land.
FREDERICK, Maryland - A Frederick County commissioner is seeking to repeal a prohibition on rifle hunting for deer in the southern part of the county.
WINDSOR, California - A human skull, a tennis shoe and other skeletal remains have been found in a Northern California park.
MISSOULA, Montana - Hundreds of pages of objections by 60 individuals or organizations have been filed against a U.S. Forest Service draft management plan concerning two national forests with borders stretching into northern Idaho and northwestern Montana.
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Florida - National wildlife officials say 11 whales believed to be part of a pod that was stranded in the Everglades are dead.
LEWISTON, Idaho - Three environmental groups are suing the U.S. Forest Service, contending a travel management plan for the Clearwater National Forest allows too much access for motorized vehicles and hurts wildlife habitat.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Fewer people have been issued permits for this year's black bear hunt in New Jersey.
LYONS, Kansas - With wide, long wings, the golden eagle launched itself fast enough to leave Nate Mathews amid a backwash of stirred air.
MINOT, North Dakota - North Dakota's brutal winter is taking its toll on some people living in campers and motorhomes, the manager of a Minot RV park says.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - The National Park Service has given the public more time to comment on a plan to improve the electrical power distribution system in Yellowstone National Park.
ATHENS, Ohio - After a Florida doctor saved his knee, Brent Hayes of southwestern Ohio came up with a unique way to thank him.
HOCHFILZEN, Austria - Defending overall champion Martin Fourcade of France took the men's biathlon World Cup pursuit Sunday for his third win of the Olympic season, while Synnoeve Solemdal of Norway defended her win from last year.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Department of Natural Resources has awarded more than $300,000 to support 22 community boating safety education programs across the state next year
CONWAY, New Hampshire - Six Canadian hikers were helped off New Hampshire's Mount Washington after they called 911 from the mountain's auto road.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Department of Natural Resources is set to get more information on the 2013 gun deer hunt.
RENO, Nevada - A storm dropped up to 3 feet of snow in the Sierra Nevada, helping build up the slopes and giving a fun run to skiers and snowboarders Saturday.
In one of the biggest advances against leukemia and other blood cancers in many years, doctors are reporting unprecedented success by using gene therapy to transform patients' blood cells into soldiers that seek and destroy cancer.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Puerto Rico police say a 30-year-old tourist from Minnesota has died while snorkeling off the island's north coast.
MINNEAPOLIS - Eight Hispanic hunters who were accused of being illegal residents during last year's deer season have filed a federal lawsuit accusing the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources of racially profiling them.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - After a brief warm-up this past week, temperatures across Pennsylvania were dropping Saturday in advance of a winter storm and what is expected to be a very cold week.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A large swath of southern Missouri was working Saturday in bitter cold to dig out from a storm that coated the region with a mixture of snow, ice and sleet.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Bitter cold didn't stop a group of southeast Missouri runners from competing on a snow-covered course.
SUN VALLEY, Idaho - Idaho Farm Bureau Federation members have passed a proposal to raise the state brand renewal fee by $25 to increase funding for wolf-control efforts by Idaho Wildlife Services.
NEW ORLEANS - Across Louisiana, human beings aren't the only ones who live to eat. Feral hogs are proving to be stiff competition, as they snack on sugar cane in Lafourche and St. Mary parishes and devour the rice fields of Acadia Parish.