- Arizona ski area says snowmaking saved its season Updated: Mar-11-14 4:46 pm
- Oregon kayaker dies on California river Updated: Mar-11-14 1:31 pm
- Skydiving association: 1st-time jumpers must be 18 Updated: Mar-11-14 1:19 pm
- Governor joins 'walking school bus' in Seattle Updated: Mar-11-14 1:01 pm
- Swedes arrive ashore in Delaware after sea rescue Updated: Mar-11-14 9:37 am
- Golden Gate site most visited National Park Updated: Mar-11-14 9:13 am
- Officials enthusiastic about W. Ky. trail proposal Updated: Mar-11-14 8:37 am
- Hernando chasing funds for skate park Updated: Mar-11-14 8:15 am
- Spring cleaning set for Saturday at Jenny Wiley Updated: Mar-11-14 3:35 am
- Wayne National Forest in Ohio gets new supervisor Updated: Mar-11-14 3:06 am
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees Updated: Mar-11-14 1:26 am
- National monument in Oregon adds 900 acres Updated: Mar-10-14 4:53 pm
- West Virginia man dies at Grand Canyon entrance Updated: Mar-10-14 4:19 pm
- Ski-less season: Oregon area considers refunds Updated: Mar-10-14 12:44 pm
- Scientology founder built trails on Mount Rainier Updated: Mar-10-14 12:36 pm
- Bill seeking more wolf study heads to committee Updated: Mar-10-14 10:49 am
- Longtime Clifty Falls program leader to retire Updated: Mar-10-14 10:25 am
- Injured Florida skydiver says he'll jump again Updated: Mar-10-14 8:17 am
- State to offer free guided hikes on March 22 Updated: Mar-10-14 5:05 am
- LA Marathon runners treated for heat injuries Updated: Mar-09-14 10:54 pm
- Gilda's laughter festival holds FUNderwear Run 5K Updated: Mar-09-14 6:45 pm
- Yellowstone invites proposals for guided tours Updated: Mar-09-14 5:16 pm
- Obama returns to White House after Fla. vacation Updated: Mar-09-14 5:07 pm
- Volunteers work on W.Va. trail's last segment Updated: Mar-09-14 3:17 pm
- Wounded Boise veteran eyes Mount Everest Updated: Mar-09-14 1:47 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Faced with a warm, dry winter, managers of Arizona Snowbowl say the ski area's new snowmaking capability saved its season.
CRESCENT CITY, California - An Oregon kayaker has died after being pinned underwater while paddling a rain-swollen river in far Northern California.
TULSA, Oklahoma - The U.S. Parachute Association will increase the minimum age for first-time skydivers nationwide to 18 years starting May 1, replacing a provision that allowed younger teens to jump with parental consent.
SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee joined about two dozen students on the way to West Seattle Elementary School Tuesday morning on what they call their "walking school bus."
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Two stranded Swedes, rescued Saturday from a sinking sailboat off Bermuda, came ashore Monday night at Port of Wilmington.
SAN FRANCISCO - More visitors flock to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area than to any other spot in the National Park Service.
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - Officials in Western Kentucky are expressing enthusiasm about a proposal to build a trail for hiking, bicycling and horseback riding that would stretch from Henderson County to Breckinridge County.
HERNANDO, Mississippi - The city of Hernando will apply for a $100,000 outdoor recreation grant from the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks to get started a new skate park.
PRESTONSBURG, Kentucky - Officials at Jenny Wiley State Resort Park in eastern Kentucky are hosting a spring cleaning event at the park Saturday.
NELSONVILLE, Ohio - The supervisor for the Ottawa National Forest in Michigan is taking the same job with the Wayne National Forest in Ohio.
It's not just grandma with a new hip and your uncle with a new knee. More than 2 of every 100 Americans now have an artificial joint, doctors are reporting.
MEDFORD, Oregon - Another large tract of private timberland within the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument in Southern Oregon has been transferred to public ownership.
GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Arizona - Authorities are investigating the death of a West Virginia man who collapsed at the entrance to the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park.
ASHLAND, Oregon - Daffodils and fruit trees are blooming in the valley below the ski area at Mount Ashland, where there's been no skiing this season.
TACOMA, Washington - Four years of research and the discovery of a wooden sign have uncovered a historical link between Tacoma, the first trails at Mount Rainier and L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Church of Scientology.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Opponents of Minnesota's wolf hunt will take their case to state lawmakers this week.
MADISON, Indiana - Dick Davis, who has been with Clifty Falls for more than 34 years, will retire March 29.
MULBERRY, Florida - A skydiver injured when a small plane crashed into him near Tampa, Florida, says he'll jump again as soon as he feels safe.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee State Parks is offering free guided hikes at each of the 54 state parks on March 22.
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Marathon officials say 28 people were hospitalized and treated for mostly minor heat-related injuries after the race.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Organizers of an annual festival of laughter have held a 5K race with a unique dress code.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyoming - The National Park Service is asking for proposals from businesses that are interested in providing guided interpretive vehicle snow tours and maintaining a skiers' camp in Yellowstone National Park.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has returned to Washington after a family vacation in southern Florida.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Volunteers are working to complete the last 30 miles of West Virginia's 330-mile Allegheny Trail, a hiking pathway that runs from the West Virginia-Pennsylvania border near Bruceton Mills to a junction with the Appalachian Trail in Monroe County.
BOISE, Idaho - It almost sounds like a set up to a joke: What do you call a guy with one foot, missing fingers and a bad back who's climbing Everest?