- Researcher studying long-term weather forecasting Updated: Dec-06-13 4:19 pm
- Smog at extremely hazardous levels in Shanghai Updated: Dec-06-13 7:01 am
- 2013 Atlantic hurricane season comes to an end Updated: Nov-30-13 12:07 pm
- Well-known hurricane forecast center faces closure Updated: Nov-27-13 2:17 pm
- Travel Roundtable: Thanksgiving transit advice Updated: Nov-27-13 3:17 am
- Weak 2013 Atlantic hurricane season draws to close Updated: Nov-25-13 5:31 pm
- Wild winter this year? Not likely, NOAA forecasts Updated: Nov-21-13 1:13 pm
- Zooplankton decline reported in North Atlantic Updated: Nov-19-13 3:11 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - What if decade-long cycles of wet and dry weather could be reliably predicted several years in advance?
SHANGHAI - Shanghai authorities ordered schoolchildren indoors and halted all construction Friday as China's financial hub suffered one of its worst bouts of air pollution, bringing visibility down to a few dozen meters, delaying flights and obscuring the city's spectacular skyline.
MIAMI - The 2013 Atlantic hurricane season has come to an end.
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A well-known hurricane forecast program at Colorado State University faces potential closure after losing much of its funding.
So you're heading out of town for Thanksgiving. Be warned: You're wading into a vast sea of people doing exactly the same thing, moving across the United States on one of the hugest travel weekends of all - with a lot of rough weather in the mix.
MIAMI - The 2013 Atlantic season has delivered the fewest hurricanes since 1982, U.S. forecasters said Monday, despite their predictions in May that it would be a busier than normal year.
WASHINGTON - The weather forecast for this winter is mostly a shrug of the shoulders.
PORTLAND, Maine - The microscopic creatures that make up a critical link in the ocean food chain declined dramatically the first half of this year in the North Atlantic as ocean temperatures remained among the warmest on record, federal scientists say.