- More NOAA drones planned for Atlantic hurricane season Updated: May-04-15 2:49 am
MIAMI - Scientists are planning to send more drones flying into hurricanes that develop during the upcoming Atlantic storm season.
- Texas' good rains benefit lake levels statewide Updated: May-01-15 3:46 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Restaurant owner Kelly Duncan gazes incredulously at a full Lake Lavon.
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: Apr-29-15 3:25 pm
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers:
- UN says it will try to identify all Ebola cases by June Updated: Apr-28-15 9:40 am
LONDON - The World Health Organization says it aims to identify and isolate all new Ebola cases in West Africa by the end of May to stop the spread of the lethal virus before the rainy season.
- Oklahoma researchers developing seasonal tornado forecasts Updated: Apr-26-15 1:46 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Weather researchers in Oklahoma are working on a method to develop seasonal tornado forecasts that could predict the likelihood of the severe storms weeks in advance.
- Coastal Carolina researchers release hurricane forecast Updated: Apr-21-15 7:52 am
OCNWAY, South Carolina - The Atlantic hurricane season is rapidly approaching and Coastal Carolina University researchers predict a below normal season.
- Forecasters see fewer than average hurricanes in 2015 Updated: Apr-10-15 8:01 am
NEW ORLEANS - The Atlantic hurricane season in 2015 will see fewer than the average number of storms, according to Colorado State University researchers.