- Snowpack still far below normal in Southern Oregon Updated: Mar-07-14 4:40 pm
- Here comes El Nino; good news for US weather woes Updated: Mar-06-14 3:05 pm
- The beach in Costa Rica: Surfing, riding, fishing Updated: Mar-05-14 1:48 pm
- Weekend cold breaks records across the Dakotas Updated: Mar-03-14 2:25 pm
- Age-old indicators under stress in high Bolivia Updated: Mar-03-14 3:43 am
- Much-needed rain, snow to hit parched California Updated: Feb-23-14 8:41 pm
- North Dakota could get break from spring flooding Updated: Feb-20-14 4:11 pm
- Forecasters add 1 subtropical storm to 2013 tally Updated: Feb-15-14 4:40 pm
- Experts predict less active Texas wildfire season Updated: Feb-11-14 3:28 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - One pineapple express after another bringing warm rain across Oregon has helped boost reservoirs west of the Cascades and snowpacks in the northern mountains.
WASHINGTON - Relief may be on the way for a weather-weary United States with the predicted warming of the central Pacific Ocean brewing this year that will likely change weather worldwide. But it won't be for the better everywhere.
GUIONES, Costa Rica - A vacation to escape the cold led us to Costa Rica's Pacific Coast, where we went surfing, horseback riding, deep-sea fishing and even visited a dry tropical forest. Our extended family of seven, ranging in age from 17 to 55 years old, ranked it one of the best vacations ever.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The latest blast of frigid Arctic air to blanket the Dakotas soon will give way to warmer Pacific air, but it will leave behind a legacy of shattered cold-weather records across the two states.
CUTUSUMA, Bolivia - For centuries, farmers in the fragile ecosystems of the high Andes have looked to the behavior of plants and animals to figure out what crops to grow and when.
SAN FRANCISCO - Meteorologists forecast a pair of storms could dump several inches of rain on parched cities and croplands throughout California in the coming week, bringing welcome news to a state that has just endured its driest year in recorded history.
FARGO, North Dakota - National Weather Service officials said Thursday that the current weather pattern should give North Dakota residents a spring break from flooding, including Red River Valley homeowners who have prepared for major floods in four of the last five years.
MIAMI - The National Hurricane Center has added one subtropical storm to last year's tally of tropical weather.
LUBBOCK, Texas - In December 2010, Texas weather and wildfire experts gathered in College Station to plan for what they feared would be a very active wildfire season ahead.