- Canada women blank Guyana 5-0 to open Olympic qualifying Updated: Feb-11-16 11:40 pm
HOUSTON - Ashley Lawrence scored two of his three goals in a minute span in the second half, and Canada routed Guyana 5-0 on Thursday night to open the group stage of the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament.
- FIFA candidates head to Miami to meet CONCACAF in crisis Updated: Feb-11-16 11:07 pm
The five FIFA presidential candidates meet in Miami on Friday with the election's most inscrutable voters who are deep in their own leadership race amid a financial crisis.
- Bundesliga go-ahead for video replay tests over 2 years Updated: Feb-11-16 12:45 pm
BERLIN - The German Football League (DFL) has given the go-ahead for the possible testing of video replays in the Bundesliga over a two-year pilot phase.
- FIFA candidate Ali queries Salman's role in Bahrain protests Updated: Feb-11-16 11:13 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali has questioned the role of election rival Sheikh Salman in not protecting Bahrain players who alleged abuses after pro-democracy protests in 2011.
- USOC to hire infectious disease specialists for Zika Updated: Feb-11-16 9:14 am
The U.S. Olympic Committee will hire two infectious disease specialists to advise potential Olympians who are worried about the Zika outbreak in Brazil.
- Hope Solo reiterates concerns over Zika at the Olympics Updated: Feb-11-16 1:49 am
FRISCO, Texas - U.S. women's national team goalkeeper Hope Solo asserted that if the Olympics were held today, she would not go out of concern about the Zika virus.
- US opens Olympic qualifying with 5-0 victory over Costa Rica Updated: Feb-11-16 12:13 am
FRISCO, Texas - The U.S. women's opening set piece finally paid off.
- Mexico beats Senegal 2-0 in exhibition in Miami Updated: Feb-10-16 10:59 pm
MIAMI - Jesus Duenas and Rodolfo Pizarro scored second-half goals to help Mexico beat Senegal 2-0 in an exhibition game Wednesday night.
- Mexico opens qualifying with 6-0 victory over Puerto Rico Updated: Feb-10-16 9:22 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Maribel Dominguez scored three goals and Mexico defeated Puerto Rico 6-0 to open the CONCACAF women's Olympic qualifying tournament on Wednesday.
- CSKA Moscow signs Russia captain Roman Shirokov Updated: Feb-10-16 2:44 pm
MOSCOW - Russia captain Roman Shirokov joined CSKA Moscow on a free transfer on Wednesday until the end of the season.
- US women's national soccer team to be briefed on Zika virus Updated: Feb-09-16 10:56 pm
The U.S. women's national soccer team was scheduled to be briefed Tuesday night on the developing Zika virus crisis in Latin America, a day before the start of the CONCACAF Olympic qualification tournament in Texas.
- US women start quest for 4th straight Olympic gold medal Updated: Feb-09-16 5:39 pm
The United States starts its pursuit of a fourth straight gold medal in women's Olympic soccer over the next two weeks at the CONCACAF qualifying tournament in Texas.
- Jozy Altidore determined to avoid injury in a big year ahead Updated: Feb-09-16 2:56 pm
CARSON, California - Jozy Altidore feels he has watched far too many of the United States' biggest games from the sidelines over the past nine years, so he decided to do something about it.
- Conference set for March 3 in USSF suit vs women's union Updated: Feb-09-16 1:37 pm
CHICAGO - A status conference is scheduled for March 3 in the lawsuit brought by the U.S. Soccer Federation against the union for the World-Cup winning U.S. national team over the existence and validity of a collective bargaining agreement.
- AP Interview: Sheikh Salman urges 1 candidate in FIFA poll Updated: Feb-09-16 1:30 pm
PARIS - FIFA presidential candidate Sheikh Salman is calling on voters to agree on a single candidate ahead of the election.
- Top European clubs play down talk of Super League plans Updated: Feb-09-16 10:00 am
PARIS - Europe's top football clubs insist they have no plans to set up a breakaway Super League of elite teams to replace the Champions League.
- Morris, US youth gain valuable experience before busy year Updated: Feb-09-16 2:09 am
CARSON, California - Jordan Morris made his ninth appearance for the United States last Friday, which gave him nine more games for the national team than as a professional.
- Resilient Dunn shoots for a trip to Rio Updated: Feb-08-16 5:55 pm
After she was left off the U.S. World Cup roster last year, Crystal Dunn says there were days she didn't even want to get out of bed in the morning.
- Canada soccer head Montagliani to run for CONCACAF president Updated: Feb-08-16 5:48 pm
TORONTO - Canadian Soccer Association president Victor Montagliani says he is running for president of soccer's governing body for North and Central America and the Caribbean, whose past three presidents have been charged with corruption by U.S. prosecutors.
- Reborn Maine mill town offers lessons amid refugee crisis Updated: Feb-08-16 4:55 pm
LEWISTON, Maine - The arrival of thousands of Somali refugees in this former mill city in the nation's whitest state sparked a backlash at first, complete with a rally of white supremacists and a pig's head rolled into the local mosque.
- France prepare for Euros with Scotland, Cameroon friendlies Updated: Feb-08-16 6:20 am
PARIS - France will play friendly games against Cameroon and Scotland as part of its preparations for the European Championship.
- Jozy Altidore scores on late header, US beats Canada 1-0 Updated: Feb-06-16 1:47 am
CARSON, California - With only minutes to spare, Jozy Altidore made sure the United States left its year-opening training camp with an encouraging result.
- DFB takes legal action against Beckenbauer, FIFA, others Updated: Feb-05-16 5:31 pm
BERLIN - The German football federation opened legal proceedings against Franz Beckenbauer, former members, and FIFA in a bid to limit potential damages arising from the 2006 World Cup corruption affair.
- Brazil, Shakhtar player Fred's doping ban extended worldwide Updated: Feb-05-16 9:03 am
ZURICH - FIFA has extended Brazil midfielder Fred's doping ban worldwide, ruling him out of four months of matches for Shakhtar Donetsk.
- 17-year-old American Christian Pulisic gets Bundesliga debut Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 am
BERLIN - Christian Pulisic made a big impression in less than half an hour.