- FIFA candidate Van Praag seeks support in South Korea Updated: May-06-15 9:23 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - FIFA presidential candidate Michael van Praag has visited South Korea's football leaders seeking support for his challenge to Sepp Blatter.
- Brazil police seek charges for 19 in fatal overpass collapse Updated: May-06-15 4:59 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's investigative police say they're seeking homicide charges against 19 people in the deaths of a man and a woman caused by the collapse of unfinished overpass in the World Cup host city of Belo Horizonte.
- The Latest: Barcelona 0 Bayern 0 at half time Updated: May-06-15 3:42 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - 9:37 p.m.
- FIFA hits back at German TV after arrests in Qatar Updated: May-06-15 2:38 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has heavily criticized its broadcasting partner in Germany for a documentary about World Cup hosts Russia and Qatar that was aired after a reporter revealed his filming crew had been arrested in Doha and had footage and personal data deleted.
- Canada's star striker maintains focus despite attention Updated: May-06-15 11:38 am
Not a lot rattles Christine Sinclair. Not even the eyes of a nation.
- FIFA to host Israeli and Palestinian soccer leaders Updated: May-06-15 10:56 am
ZURICH - FIFA says it will host the leaders of the Israeli and Palestinian soccer federations within days, seeking an agreement before the governing body's congress this month.
- Juventus tops Real Madrid 2-1 as Champions semifinals start Updated: May-05-15 6:39 pm
TURIN, Italy - Gianluigi Buffon could not bring himself to watch.
- Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in 1st leg of CL semifinal Updated: May-05-15 6:11 pm
TURIN, Italy - Former Real Madrid forward Alvaro Morata came back to haunt his old club as he sent Juventus on its way to a 2-1 victory over the holders in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Israel accuses Palestinians of politicizing in FIFA call Updated: May-05-15 3:39 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's Football Association said Tuesday that Palestinians football officials are "injecting politics into sports" by calling on FIFA to suspend the Jewish state from world football.
- Robinho called up for Brazil's Copa America squad Updated: May-05-15 11:44 am
SAO PAULO - Veteran striker Robinho was summoned by Brazil for the Copa America, while an injured Oscar was left out of the squad on Tuesday.
- US soccer to play Guatemala on July 3 at Nashville Updated: May-04-15 10:30 pm
CHICAGO - The United States will play Guatemala in an exhibition July 3 at Nashville, Tennessee, the Americans' last game before opening the defense of their CONCACAF Gold Cup title.
- AP Interview: Qatar minister vows to improve migrants' lives Updated: May-04-15 3:04 pm
DOHA, Qatar - Qatar's inability to ensure decent housing for its bulging migrant labor population was "a mistake" the government is working to fix as it prepares to host the 2022 World Cup, the country's top labor official said Monday, vowing his country would improve conditions for its vast foreign labor force.
- FIFA to study Israel-Palestinians dispute on election day Updated: May-04-15 10:09 am
GENEVA - A move to consider suspending Israel from world football will be put to FIFA's 209 member federations just before they elect their president this month.
- Vasco da Gama beats Botafogo 2-1 to win Rio state title Updated: May-03-15 7:59 pm
SAO PAULO - Striker Gilberto scored in second-half injury time to help Vasco da Gama defeat Botafogo 2-1 to win its first Rio de Janeiro state title in 12 years on Sunday.
- FIFA's Prince Ali seeks more say for national associations Updated: May-03-15 2:32 pm
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - FIFA must give national associations a greater say in the governance of world football and adopt a more regional outlook because "you cannot run everything simply from Zurich," FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali of Jordan said Sunday.
- FIFA ex-security chief says match-fixing a 'global crime' Updated: May-03-15 2:17 pm
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - Football is facing a "crisis of credibility with its fans" over match-fixing linked to an illegal betting industry that dwarfs the legitimate sports economy, FIFA's former security chief said Sunday.
- Brazil still struggling to deal with World Cup stadiums Updated: May-01-15 12:50 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazil spent billions renovating and building World Cup stadiums that were supposed to help modernize and improve local soccer. Almost a year after the tournament ended, the nation is still trying to figure out what to do with them.
- Beckham's influence grows as former soccer star turns 40 Updated: May-01-15 11:00 am
- UEFA reminds on youth academies after Barcelona plan blocked Updated: May-01-15 7:32 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has reminded clubs and football associations of rules controlling overseas youth academies after the Danish soccer federation rejected a request from Barcelona.
- Sawa named to Japan squad for Women's World Cup Updated: May-01-15 5:18 am
TOKYO - Homare Sawa was named to Japan's squad for the Women's World Cup on Friday after a one-year injury absence.
- Sao Paulo confirmed as football host in 2016 Olympics Updated: Apr-30-15 8:59 pm
SAO PAULO - Olympic organizers have confirmed Sao Paulo as one of the host cities of the football tournament at the 2016 Rio Games.
- ESPN's Monica Gonzalez added to Fox's Women's WCup coverage Updated: Apr-30-15 4:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Former Mexican national team captain Monica Gonzalez will be part of Fox's studio coverage for this year's Women's World Cup.
- Pair of sheikhs are the big winners at Asian elections Updated: Apr-30-15 10:29 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - A pair of sheikhs were the big winners Thursday at a meeting of Asian soccer leaders.
- Costa Rica defender Oviedo to miss CONCACAF Gold Cup Updated: Apr-30-15 6:05 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Costa Rica defender Bryan Oviedo will miss the CONCACAF Gold Cup in July after breaking a bone in his right foot in training with English club Everton.
- Mexico's Club America wins CONCACAF Champions League Updated: Apr-30-15 12:17 am
MONTREAL - Dario Benedetto scored three second-half goals and Club America of Mexico beat the Montreal Impact 4-2 on Wednesday night to win the CONCACAF Champions League title.