- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member Updated: May-02-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been ordered by sport's highest court to accept Gibraltar as a member, opening the national team's path to play in the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Worker dies after falling ill at World Cup stadium site Updated: Apr-30-16 5:03 pm
DOHA, Qatar - World Cup organizers say a worker has died after falling ill on the site of one of the stadiums being constructed for the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA appoints committee to take over Guinean federation Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 am
ZURICH - FIFA will appoint a normalization committee to take control of the Guinean soccer federation after what it called "internal wrangles" brought all competitions in the West African nation to a halt.
- Dortmund captain and defender Hummels wants Bayern move Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
DORTMUND, Germany - Borussia Dortmund captain and central defender Mats Hummels has asked to be released from his contract so that he can move to Bundesliga rival Bayern Munich next season.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- America wins back to back CONCACAF titles, beating Tigres Updated: Apr-28-16 2:03 am
MEXICO CITY - Osvaldo Martinez broke a tie on a penalty kick in the 86th minute and America beat Tigres 2-1 on Wednesday night for its second straight CONCACAF Champions League title and record seventh overall.
- Mexico watches out for banned steroid clenbuterol in food Updated: Apr-27-16 8:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico is watching out for the banned steroid clenbuterol - on the dinner plates of its athletes.
- Costs for fan zone security at Euro 2016 to be shared 3 ways Updated: Apr-27-16 5:50 pm
PARIS - Spending on security at fan zones during the European Championship in France will be shared between the host cities, the government and European soccer's ruling body, UEFA.
- Fox to show 4 Copa America games on main US network Updated: Apr-27-16 3:53 pm
NEW YORK - Fox will televise four matches of this year's Copa America Cententario on its main network and air three on the entertainment channel FX.
- Passing security test at Euro 2016 will help 2024 Paris bid Updated: Apr-27-16 3:42 pm
PARIS - Hosting a successful European Championship for soccer fans in June and July would provide further proof that France could stage a safe Olympic Games in Paris in 2024, French Olympic Committee president Denis Masseglia said Wednesday.
- Serbia fires national team coach Radovan Curcic Updated: Apr-27-16 12:07 pm
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia has fired coach Radovan Curcic, five months after the country's national soccer team failed to qualify for the European Championship.
- Platini's CAS appeal to take place in Blatter's presence Updated: Apr-26-16 12:21 pm
- Carli Lloyd out at least 3 weeks with sprained knee Updated: Apr-25-16 4:56 pm
U.S. women's national team star Carli Lloyd has a sprained right knee and will miss from three to six weeks, the Houston Dash announced.
- Scolari feels pressure in China Updated: Apr-23-16 10:59 pm
Since Guangzhou Evergrande started the new wave of spending in Chinese soccer in 2010, the club has enjoyed constant success - until now.
- Champ Sergey Kovalev agrees to fight Isaac Chilemba next Updated: Apr-23-16 7:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Sergey Kovalev has found an opponent for a homecoming bout this summer to prepare him for his showdown with Andre Ward.
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho fails UEFA doping test Updated: Apr-23-16 11:40 am
LONDON - Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho failed a drugs test after last month's Europa League game against Manchester United and he has until Tuesday to explain it to UEFA.
- FIFA cuts ban for 2018-2022 World Cup bid inspector Updated: Apr-22-16 10:48 am
ZURICH - A seven-year FIFA ban imposed on the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bid inspector has been cut by four years on appeal.
- FIFA to stage video replay trial workshop next month Updated: Apr-22-16 9:11 am
ZURICH - FIFA says it has invited leagues and federations interested in running video replay trials to inspect the technology next month.
- FIFA panel to monitor labor conditions at Qatar stadiums Updated: Apr-22-16 8:15 am
DOHA, Qatar - FIFA will create a panel to monitor construction at World Cup stadiums in Qatar to ensure "decent working conditions."
- Jermaine Jones settling in with Colorado Rapids Updated: Apr-22-16 3:28 am
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - Jermaine Jones kept his mind off soccer by playing baseball with his kids and taking them snowboarding.
- US Soccer seeks to clarify some of the differences in pay Updated: Apr-22-16 12:37 am
The U.S. Soccer Federation has sought to clarify some of the claims made in a federal wage discrimination complaint filed by members of the World Cup-winning U.S. women's national team.
- St Louis, Sacramento among leading MLS expansion candidates Updated: Apr-21-16 8:57 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber called St. Louis and Sacramento, California, "front-runners" for the next round of expansion, which could occur as soon as 2020.
- World Cup to Olympics, Klingenberg adjusts to the spotlight Updated: Apr-21-16 8:17 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A lot has changed for Meghan Klingenberg since last year.