- Netherlands beats Kazakhstan to stay in race for Euro 2016 Updated: Oct-10-15 2:05 pm
ASTANA, Kazakhstan - The Netherlands kept alive its hopes of qualifying for next year's European Championship by beating Kazakhstan 2-1 on Saturday.
- CAF: Hayatou kidney issue won't affect FIFA presidential job Updated: Oct-10-15 2:03 pm
The Confederation of African Football says Issa Hayatou's kidney illness will not prevent him from carrying out his full duties as acting FIFA president.
- El Shaarawy ends drought as Italy qualifies for Euro 2016 Updated: Oct-10-15 2:01 pm
Stephan El Shaarawy ended a three-year drought by scoring the winning goal as Italy beat Azerbaijan 3-1 Saturday to qualify for next year's European Championship.
- Platini appeals against FIFA ban, backed by South America Updated: Oct-10-15 1:21 pm
Michel Platini lodged an appeal Saturday with FIFA against his 90-day suspension and was backed by the South American confederation, which called for the European soccer leader to be allowed to stand in the presidential election to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- USA, Mexico resume soccer rivalry in a Rose Bowl showdown Updated: Oct-09-15 10:01 pm
PASADENA, California - Jurgen Klinsmann realizes the Rose Bowl might feel like enemy turf when his U.S. men's soccer team takes the fabled field Saturday night.
- Spain clinches Euro 2016 spot with 4-0 win over Luxembourg Updated: Oct-09-15 6:39 pm
LOGRONO, Spain - Santi Cazorla and Paco Alcacer scored two goals each to help Spain beat Luxembourg 4-0 on Friday and secure a spot for the holders in next year's European Championship.
- Switzerland joins England in qualifying for Euro 2016 Updated: Oct-09-15 6:35 pm
LONDON - Switzerland will return to the European Championship for the first time since co-hosting the tournament eight years earlier after thrashing San Marino 7-0 on Friday with seven different scorers.
- Spain and Switzerland secure spots in Euro 2016 Updated: Oct-09-15 6:34 pm
MADRID - Spain will defend its European Championship title next year, while Switzerland will return to the tournament for the first time since co-hosting it eight years earlier.
- Russia beats Moldova to close in on Euro 2016 place Updated: Oct-09-15 5:02 pm
CHISINAU, Moldova - Russia took a big step toward qualifying for Euro 2016 on Friday as a 2-1 win over Moldova strengthened its hold on second place in Group G.
- Argentina forward Aguero will miss next World Cup qualifier Updated: Oct-09-15 3:36 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Sergio Aguero will miss Argentina's World Cup qualifier against Paraguay next week with a left-leg injury.
- Platini retains UEFA title, with no interim leader in place Updated: Oct-09-15 2:54 pm
LONDON - Still defiant, UEFA is standing by its man.
- UEFA opens disciplinary proceedings against Scotland, Poland Updated: Oct-09-15 1:23 pm
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it has started disciplinary proceedings against Scotland and Poland after a number of rule breaches, including fighting with stewards, during their European Championship qualifier at Hampden Park.
- Brazil loses without Neymar; Argentina falls with no Messi Updated: Oct-08-15 10:25 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil showed Thursday it can't win against the best without Barcelona star Neymar, losing 2-0 at Chile as qualifying in South America opened for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- With Platini suspended, FIFA election field more uncertain Updated: Oct-08-15 7:43 pm
LONDON - From sure bet to suspended, Michel Platini's career in soccer politics could be over.
- Ireland upsets Germany 1-0 in Euro 2016 qualifier Updated: Oct-08-15 5:56 pm
DUBLIN - Substitute Shane Long scored five minutes after coming on for Ireland to upset world champion Germany 1-0 and clinch at least a playoff place for Euro 2016 on Thursday.
- France beats Armenia 4-0 in friendly match Updated: Oct-08-15 5:39 pm
NICE, France - Karim Benzema ended a one-year scoring drought with his national team in style, netting two goals and setting up another as France beat Armenia 4-0 in a friendly match on Thursday.
- Portugal goes to Euro 2016; Denmark, Albania seek 2nd spot Updated: Oct-08-15 5:33 pm
BRAGA, Portugal - Portugal beat Denmark 1-0 Thursday and clinched qualification for next year's European Championship, securing top place in Group I.
- The Latest: Hayatou says Platini can be credible candidate Updated: Oct-08-15 2:13 pm
ZURICH - The Latest from the FIFA investigation (all time local):
- Statement from suspended UEFA President Michel Platini Updated: Oct-08-15 1:49 pm
Statement from suspended UEFA President Michel Platini:
- Column: Sepp Blatter, hoisted by his own petard at FIFA Updated: Oct-08-15 1:34 pm
PARIS - The delicious irony of it: Sepp Blatter tossed out of football, at least temporarily, by a FIFA policing body that he himself helped create when the world was still his oyster.
- Practicing in a car park: WCup qualifying for Somalia's team Updated: Oct-08-15 12:24 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - While revelations swirl of FIFA executives in expensive suits taking millions in bribes to award money-spinning World Cups, some of the poorest teams face near-impossible challenges to make it to soccer's biggest tournament, and try their hearts out anyway.
- Bach calls for 'external' candidate to take over FIFA Updated: Oct-08-15 11:24 am
LONDON - Declaring that "enough is enough," IOC President Thomas Bach called Thursday for an "external presidential candidate" to take over FIFA and restore credibility to world soccer's scandal-scarred governing body.
- South Sudan WCup qualifying debut ends day later in 1-1 draw Updated: Oct-08-15 10:17 am
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan earned a draw in its World Cup qualifying debut, holding Mauritania to 1-1 Thursday, a day after the game began and was then abandoned because of heavy rain.
- In Hayatou, FIFA gets another controversial strongman Updated: Oct-08-15 9:36 am
With Sepp Blatter suspended, the top job at FIFA falls automatically to Issa Hayatou, the son of a sultan from northern Cameroon who has ruled African soccer for 27 years.
- North Korea's perfect qualifying record ends with 0-0 draw Updated: Oct-08-15 6:05 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea's perfect record in World Cup qualifying came to an end Thursday after being held to a 0-0 draw by the Philippines.