- Blatter set to polarize opinion for 4 more years at FIFA Updated: May-23-15 10:39 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter divides opinion so much even his opponents are charmed by him.
- Americans' new defense will be in attack mode when possible Updated: May-23-15 2:47 am
SAN JOSE, California - Meghan Klingenberg figured she could go above and beyond to further build team camaraderie, and it involved a box of beautiful gourmet doughnuts for her teammates before a recent World Cup tuneup.
- SAmerican soccer officials still get heat for Boca mayhem Updated: May-22-15 6:35 pm
More than a week afterward, officials at Boca Juniors still believe the club was punished too harshly for the mayhem its fans caused in the Copa Libertadores round-of-16 match against bitter rival River Plate.
- CAS hears Gibraltar's appeal to join FIFA Updated: May-22-15 12:42 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Gibraltar's appeal to become a FIFA member has been heard at world sport's highest court, with no timetable set for a ruling.
- Scolari out of a job, without many supporters in Brazil Updated: May-22-15 9:56 am
SAO PAULO - Not long ago, Luiz Felipe Scolari was seen as an indisputable hero in Brazil. Most agreed he was the perfect coach to lead the national team at the home World Cup.
- Greece escapes soccer suspension, FIFA happy with changes Updated: May-22-15 9:35 am
ATHENS, Greece - FIFA says it is satisfied with changes made to sporting law in Greece, and has dropped a threat to suspend the country from international competition.
- Bid to topple Blatter from FIFA rests with Jordanian prince Updated: May-22-15 9:02 am
LONDON - In soccer, the only certain winner seems to be Sepp Blatter.
- Palestinians complain to FIFA over detained player Updated: May-22-15 6:54 am
JERUSALEM - The head of the Palestine Football Association has complained to FIFA that one of its players was detained by Israel, an incident he says illustrates his demand that the Israelis be suspended.
- Osaka, Yokohama picked as 2015 Club World Cup host cities Updated: May-22-15 6:15 am
ZURICH - FIFA says Osaka and Yokohama will be host cities for the 2015 Club World Cup in Japan.
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president Updated: May-22-15 5:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been routinely called "scandal-plagued" for much of Sepp Blatter's 17-year presidential reign.
- Figo tells AP he is quitting FIFA presidential race Updated: May-21-15 5:43 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Calling FIFA a dictatorship under Sepp Blatter, presidential candidate Luis Figo dropped out of the election race on Thursday.
- FIFA Presidential Election Candidates Updated: May-21-15 5:10 pm
ZURICH - A look at the candidates in the FIFA presidential election on May 29 in Zurich:
- Poland soccer chief Boniek wants World Cup taken from Russia Updated: May-21-15 1:02 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland football federation president Zbigniew Boniek says FIFA should be able to take the 2018 World Cup away from Russia because of conflict in Ukraine.
- Argentina to play Mexico in Sept 8 exhibition in Dallas area Updated: May-21-15 12:09 pm
NEW YORK - Mexico's national team will play Argentina on Sept. 8 in an exhibition soccer game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- Previous FIFA Presidential Elections Updated: May-21-15 12:06 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter would certainly argue that being president of FIFA is the best job in sports. Becoming FIFA president is one of the hardest.
- Sepp Blatter set for another win in FIFA election Updated: May-21-15 12:05 pm
GENEVA - For once, a major FIFA election is untainted by claims of vote-buying.
- Statement by Luis Figo to The Associated Press Updated: May-21-15 12:03 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Statement sent by Luis Figo to The Associated Press on Thursday:
- Previous FIFA Presidents Updated: May-21-15 7:40 am
ZURICH - List of the presidents of FIFA:
- FIFA candidate Van Praag withdraws to support Prince Ali Updated: May-21-15 5:45 am
AMSTERDAM - FIFA presidential candidate Michael van Praag withdrew from the May 29 election against Sepp Blatter on Thursday, switching his support to FIFA vice president Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan.
- Rights group: Qatar making little progress on labor reforms Updated: May-20-15 9:20 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Amnesty International said Thursday that Qatar is failing to deliver on reforms for its migrant workers a year after the wealthy Gulf nation announced plans to improve conditions for low-paid laborers building its highways, hotels, stadiums and skyscrapers.
- FIFA sponsors Adidas, Coke, Visa express concern over Qatar Updated: May-20-15 7:48 pm
LONDON - FIFA came under pressure from sponsors Adidas, Coca-Cola and Visa on Wednesday to push Qatar to deliver reforms for migrant workers as the country rapidly expands to host the 2022 World Cup.
- Allardyce ponders future at West Ham Updated: May-20-15 6:53 pm
LONDON - West Ham manager Sam Allardyce shifts his bulk uneasily, watching from the bench as his team loses its grip on the last home match of the season. After Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Everton a 'Big Sam Out' banner is unraveled in the stands, and a fate is potentially sealed.
- FIFA making progress in Israeli-Palestinian soccer spat Updated: May-20-15 10:36 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - FIFA President Sepp Blatter says he is making process in resolving a spat between Palestinian and Israeli soccer leaders and hopes to avoid a vote to suspend Israel.
- Sepp Blatter opponents considering joining forces Updated: May-20-15 8:00 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The three challengers bidding to oust Sepp Blatter as president of FIFA have discussed joining forces against the 79-year-old Swiss incumbent.
- Jozy Altidore sidelined 4-to-5 weeks with hamstring injury Updated: May-19-15 4:58 pm
TORONTO - Toronto says Jozy Altidore will be sidelined for four-to-five weeks because of a strained right hamstring, an injury that will cause the forward to miss the U.S. national team's exhibition games at the Netherlands and Germany next month.