- Ronaldo caught up on beauty sleep during WCup draw Updated: Dec-08-13 8:44 am
- FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time Updated: Dec-07-13 11:42 pm
- FIFA switches start time for 7 World Cup games Updated: Dec-07-13 10:30 pm
- Dyke's reaction sums up England feelings Updated: Dec-07-13 9:42 am
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- 2014 World Cup noisemakers quieter than vuvuzelas Updated: Dec-06-13 7:11 pm
- Protesters hold 'fake' draw in Rio Updated: Dec-06-13 6:14 pm
- Spain views cup draw with unease, excitement Updated: Dec-06-13 5:52 pm
- Something for everyone to talk about in WCup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:48 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:31 pm
- Amazon city is World Cup winner Updated: Dec-06-13 5:24 pm
- Host Brazil avoids tough group in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 4:55 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Defending champion Spain gets repeat of 2010 final Updated: Dec-06-13 12:47 pm
- Tribute to Nelson Mandela begins World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 11:27 am
- Olympic women's soccer coach to teach at Bethany Updated: Dec-06-13 8:10 am
- Rio Ferdinand to work as TV pundit at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 6:14 am
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey Updated: Dec-05-13 6:49 pm
- FIFA mourns Mandela, 'one of greatest humanists' Updated: Dec-05-13 6:04 pm
- Manaus mayor: We don't want England here for WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 5:09 pm
- Sports court to judge Aussie's appeal of FIFA ban Updated: Dec-05-13 4:50 pm
- CAS to judge Mark Bresciano's FIFA ban appeal Updated: Dec-05-13 4:12 pm
- FIFA won't sell tickets for WCup final and opener Updated: Dec-05-13 4:04 pm
- Past champions betting on Brazil to win 2014 WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 1:42 pm
MADRID - While the eyes of the football world were focused on Brazil for the World Cup draw, Cristiano Ronaldo caught up on his beauty sleep.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA switched the scheduled kickoff times of seven World Cup matches on Saturday after meeting with broadcasters, having refused earlier requests made by the FIFPro union to protect players' health.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has switched the starting times of seven World Cup matches, including the U.S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus.
LONDON - By slowly running a finger across his throat in mock fear, the head of English football appeared to sum up his nation's gloomy view of England chances at next year's World Cup in Brazil.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
SAN FRANCISCO - The official noisemakers for next year's World Cup soccer tournament in Brazil will be significantly quieter than the vuvuzela (voo-voo-ZEHL'-uh) horns that caused so many headaches in 2010.
RIO DE JANEIRO - A small group of protesters gathered outside Rio's famous Maracana stadium - the site of next year's World Cup final - to criticize the cost of staging the event and accuse politicians and FIFA of profiting at the expense of Brazilian taxpayers.
MADRID - Spain doesn't know what to make of its World Cup draw. Some are confident, while others are fearful.
There are scores to settle, family feuds and no shortage of karmic reckoning. For something so random, Friday's World Cup draw delivered a blockbuster mix of intrigue, entertainment and story lines that will keep folks talking from now until the tournament kicks off June 12.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Quotes about the World Cup draw:
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Amazonian jungle city of Manaus was the big winner at the World Cup draw.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazil escaped tough opponents in the group stage of next year's World Cup but will probably face a major rival as early as the second round.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Defending champion Spain will play its opening World Cup game against the Netherlands, a repeat of the 2010 final, while host Brazil faces a relatively easy path to the knockout stage after Friday's draw.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Nelson Mandela was remembered with a video tribute to open the World Cup draw ceremony on Friday.
LINDSBORG, Kansas - The women who coached the U.S. women's soccer team to two Olympic gold medals will be a distinguished professor at Bethany College in Lindsborg.
LONDON - Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand will assess his former England teammates' performances during the World Cup next year.
JOHANNESBURG - He emerged into bright winter sunshine, stepped onto the lush field and pulled on a cap. His long-sleeve green rugby jersey was untucked and buttoned right up to the top, a style all his own. On the back, a gold No. 6, big and bold.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA president Sepp Blatter says FIFA is in mourning after the death of Nelson Mandela.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Go Home England!
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano has asked the top court in international sports to overturn his four-month ban by FIFA, even though the appeal could cost him a place at the World Cup.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano wants sport's highest court to overturn his four-month ban by FIFA, even though the appeal case could cost him a place at the World Cup.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Tickets for the final and the opening match of the 2014 World Cup will not be available to fans when a new sales phase opens after Friday's draw in Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Past world champions gathering in Brazil for Friday's World Cup draw are betting on the hosts to win next year's tournament on home soil.