- Sepp Blatter deserves the Nobel Prize, Vladimir Putin says Updated: Jul-28-15 7:46 am
MOSCOW - Vladimir Putin and Sepp Blatter just can't stop praising each other.
- Beasley still interested in playing for national team Updated: Jul-28-15 3:54 am
DENVER - A quick heads up to Jurgen Klinsmann: Should you ever need DaMarcus Beasley for national team duty again, just call. The veteran of four World Cups will always listen.
- Mexico national team coach allegedly hits TV journalist Updated: Jul-27-15 10:09 pm
MEXICO CITY - The coach of Mexico's national soccer team is known for his histrionic displays of emotion during games.
- Idaho festival celebrates Basque culture, history Updated: Jul-27-15 7:37 pm
BOISE, Idaho - With more than 300 pounds of chorizo sitting in her freezer and 5,000 portions of Basque-style paella prepared in advance, Tara McElhose-Eiguren says she's finally running out of space in her kitchen in anticipation of helping feed those attending the traditional Jaialdi festival in southwestern Idaho.
- US plays Aruba or St Vincent in World Cup qualifying opener Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
ST. LOUIS - The United States will host Aruba or St. Vincent and the Grenadines at St. Louis on Nov. 13 in the Americans' opening qualifier for the 2018 World Cup.
- Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday to retire after victory tour Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - U.S. soccer formally announced that midfielders Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday will retire from the U.S. national team following a victory tour to celebrate the Women's World Cup title.
- Impact acquire former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba Updated: Jul-27-15 5:44 pm
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact added an established scoring presence when they traded for former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba on Monday.
- FIFA tweaks appointment rules for reforms task force Updated: Jul-27-15 4:27 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has changed composition rules for a task force criticized as lacking credibility to drive reforms after a corruption crisis.
- DeAndre Yedlin on Tottenham roster for MLS All-Star Game Updated: Jul-27-15 3:52 pm
DENVER - Speedy U.S. national team defender DeAndre Yedlin is among the players on the Tottenham Hotspur roster for Wednesday's MLS All-Star Game in Commerce City, Colorado.
- Landon Donovan stays connected to the game Updated: Jul-27-15 2:00 pm
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - There's nothing like a visit to the field to get Landon Donovan's competitive juices flowing again.
- FIFA welcomes legal win for ban on third-party ownership Updated: Jul-27-15 9:05 am
ZURICH - FIFA has welcomed a legal win in a Belgian court which upholds its ban on third-party investors owning players' transfer rights.
- Mexico wins 7th Gold Cup title with 3-1 victory over Jamaica Updated: Jul-27-15 1:14 am
PHILADELPHIA - Andres Guardado scored again, with no penalty kick needed this time, and his teammates finally managed some goals, too.
- CONCACAF known for corruption as much as soccer Updated: Jul-27-15 12:09 am
PHILADELPHIA - The banner moments of this year's CONCACAF Gold Cup belong to Panama.
- US soccer team to open World Cup qualifying in St. Louis Updated: Jul-26-15 11:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. soccer team will play its first qualifier for the 2018 World Cup at Busch Stadium in St. Louis on Nov. 13, and the playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup will be held at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
- Japan, South Korea without stars for East Asian Cup Updated: Jul-26-15 11:06 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Asian powers Japan and South Korea have named squads devoid of big names for next month's biennial East Asian Cup, which also features China and North Korea.
- World Cup hero Carli Lloyd rips, scores on former NWSL team Updated: Jul-26-15 10:35 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - Carli Lloyd, the World Cup final hero for the U.S. women's team, had sharp criticism for her former NWSL team that didn't abate after she scored the winner over the weekend.
- Romanov palace imperial setting for imperious FIFA Updated: Jul-26-15 11:27 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Sepp the Great came to an old Romanov chateau for what he promises will be his final World Cup draw as FIFA president.
- Hulk scores twice for Zenit after missing World Cup draw Updated: Jul-26-15 9:59 am
YEKATERINBURG, Russia - Brazilian striker Hulk scored twice to power reigning champion Zenit St. Petersburg to a 4-1 win over Ural Yekaterinburg in the Russian Premier League on Sunday.
- Russia getting on with World Cup job as FIFA fights scandal Updated: Jul-26-15 7:30 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - As he shared the stage with FIFA's departing president Sepp Blatter, Russian President Vladimir Putin's message was simple. FIFA may be in chaos, but Russia is getting on with the job.
- Germany opens World Cup title defense against Norway Updated: Jul-26-15 6:02 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Holder Germany will open its World Cup title defense against Norway.
- US opens World Cup qualifying in group with Trinidad Updated: Jul-25-15 9:50 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The United States' road to the 2018 World Cup opens in November with a four-nation group that includes Trinidad and Tobago.
- CONCACAF says referee admits errors in contentious semifinal Updated: Jul-25-15 9:39 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - The president of CONCACAF said Saturday the referee acknowledged making mistakes during the contentious Gold Cup semifinal between Mexico and Panama.
- Panama beats US 3-2 on penalty kicks for Gold Cup 3rd place Updated: Jul-25-15 9:09 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Backup goalkeeper Luis Mejia saved two penalties in the shootout as an inspired Panama team ended a trying week with a medal at the Gold Cup, beating the United States in the third-place game Saturday.
- Panama beats US 3-2 on penalty kicks for Gold Cup 3rd place Updated: Jul-25-15 8:32 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Music and shouts of celebration blasted from the Panama locker room next door as U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann tried to put another positive spin on another loss.
- The Latest: Conte says facing Spain 'very stimulating' Updated: Jul-25-15 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The latest on Saturday's 2018 World Cup qualifying draw (times are local):