- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-30-15 9:02 am
PRAGUE - European football's governing body told the Spanish league on Tuesday to stop challenging the decision to move the dates of the World Cup in 2022 to November-December.
- FIFA hopeful Bility says would step aside for Hayatou Updated: Jun-30-15 8:00 am
MONROVIA, Liberia - The Liberian who wants to be FIFA president says he would step aside if African soccer head Issa Hayatou decided to run.
- Chile beats Peru 2-1 to reach Copa America final Updated: Jun-29-15 11:14 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Striker Eduardo Vargas scored twice to lead Chile to a 2-1 win over 10-man Peru in the semifinals of the Copa America on Monday, keeping alive the host's hopes of winning the South American tournament for the first time.
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach Updated: Jun-29-15 5:24 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch football federation terminated the contract of national team coach Guus Hiddink on Monday, ending his second stint in charge after just one disappointing season.
- FIFA ousts Barbados from World Cup for ineligible player Updated: Jun-29-15 12:03 pm
ZURICH - Barbados has been eliminated from the 2018 World Cup qualifying tournament for fielding an ineligible player, giving beaten opponent Aruba a reprieve to advance instead.
- Czech football great Josef Masopust dies at 84 Updated: Jun-29-15 9:20 am
PRAGUE - Czech football great Josef Masopust, who led the national side to the final of the 1962 World Cup, has died aged 84.
- Swelling subsides around England goalie Bardsley's right eye Updated: Jun-28-15 6:46 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The swelling below English goalkeeper Karen Bardsley's right eye has gone down substantially, leaving coach Mark Sampson confident she will be available to play in the Women's World Cup semifinal against Japan.
- Argentina leads final 4 in Copa America semifinals Updated: Jun-28-15 5:24 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Copa America semifinals are again missing a local favorite.
- Chile defender Jara banned for 3 games; out of Copa America Updated: Jun-28-15 5:21 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Chilean defender Gonzalo Jara has been banned from the remainder of the Copa America for provoking Uruguay's Edinson Cavani in a quarterfinal match.
- English women hope World Cup semifinal boosts the home game Updated: Jun-28-15 5:05 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Although they're not yet 30 years old, Jodie Taylor and Steph Houghton have already seen a revolution in English women's soccer during their careers.
- Spanish league appeals FIFA switch of 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-28-15 4:50 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Spanish football league is challenging FIFA's to switch the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to November-December.
- Lloyd once nearly quit; the US team is sure glad she didn't Updated: Jun-28-15 4:17 pm
MONTREAL - Carli Lloyd's career is defined by big moments.
- Brazil faces uncertainty after another disappointing defeat Updated: Jun-28-15 10:33 am
SAO PAULO - It just keeps getting worse for Brazil's national team.
- FIFA election monitor urges Blatter to commit to going Updated: Jun-28-15 9:52 am
GENEVA - Stop flirting with the FIFA presidency and say for sure you are going.
- Young soccer player, blogger among those killed in Tunisia Updated: Jun-28-15 9:31 am
LONDON - Three men from the same British family, a recently engaged lifestyle blogger and a couple whose children launched a desperate social media campaign to find them were among those feared killed in the Tunisian beach attack.
- Australia looks forward to a bright future Updated: Jun-28-15 2:20 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - What Australia's Alen Stajcic wouldn't give for his team to be like Japan one day.
- Iwabuchi lifts Japan to semis with 1-0 win over Australia Updated: Jun-28-15 2:15 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Japanese coach Norio Sasaki couldn't resist making a joke at Mana Iwabuchi's expense when explaining his decision to substitute the forward in during the second half against Australia on Saturday.
- Paraguay again eliminates Brazil in Copa America quarters Updated: Jun-28-15 12:14 am
CONCEPCION, Chile - Paraguay defeated Brazil 4-3 in a penalty shootout after a 1-1 draw on Saturday to advance to the semifinals of the Copa America, handing the five-time world champions yet another disappointment a year after the humiliating World Cup elimination at home.
- England eliminates host Canada in World Cup Q-final, 2-1 Updated: Jun-27-15 11:39 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Lucy Bronze had never played in front of anything she could compare to that flag-waving, drum-banging, deafening Canadian crowd. Jodie Taylor had to laugh as she looked around BC Place to see a few overwhelmed English fans in that rambunctious sea of red.
- Mexico rallies to tie Costa Rica 2-2 in Orlando Updated: Jun-27-15 9:06 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - For a half, it looked as if Mexico's "A'' squad was suffering from the same malaise as the team that exited quickly from Copa America.
- US-China match draws 5.7 million viewers Updated: Jun-27-15 6:01 pm
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Women's World Cup quarterfinal match between the United States and China drew 5.7 million viewers on Fox, the network says.
- German midfielder's status unknown for World Cup semi vs USA Updated: Jun-27-15 3:14 pm
MONTREAL - Germany midfielder Dzsenifer Marozsan has a hyperextended left ankle and the team is not certain if she will play in Tuesday's World Cup semifinal against the United States.
- Blatter: 'Liberating' to leave FIFA, expects 2016 election Updated: Jun-27-15 9:18 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter says his decision to leave FIFA was "liberating" and he expects the election to replace him will be in early 2016.
- Ghana FA to challenge report on World Cup money Updated: Jun-27-15 5:26 am
ACCRA, Ghana - The Ghana Football Association will challenge some of the findings of an inquiry which questioned how over $3.5 million meant for the team's preparations for last year's World Cup was used.
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals Updated: Jun-27-15 12:56 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Carli Lloyd finally was able to express her creativity on field.