- Japan beat Sweden late to reach Algarve final Updated: Mar-10-14 7:45 pm
- Fans report problems at new World Cup stadium Updated: Mar-10-14 7:39 pm
- Mexico probes soccer team in Citigroup fraud case Updated: Mar-10-14 7:21 pm
- Roofing structure replaced at World Cup stadium Updated: Mar-10-14 5:52 pm
- Basel 'keeper Sommer to join Moenchengladbach Updated: Mar-10-14 1:03 pm
- Netherlands midfielder Strootman to miss World Cup Updated: Mar-10-14 10:39 am
- Pele says Neymar can handle World Cup pressure Updated: Mar-10-14 9:21 am
- Porter wins at Oregon Sports Awards Updated: Mar-10-14 1:22 am
- Flamengo wins Guanabara Cup in Rio de Janeiro Updated: Mar-09-14 9:50 pm
- Female goalie Szabados signing with men's team Updated: Mar-07-14 9:05 pm
- Mexico imposes restrictions on Slim, Televisa Updated: Mar-07-14 7:43 pm
- Brazilian player racially abused after match Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 pm
- Mexico to host Israel in exhibition on May 26 Updated: Mar-07-14 3:29 pm
- Mexico announces friendly against Israel Updated: Mar-07-14 3:03 pm
- FIFA official Makudi's Thailand election appealed Updated: Mar-07-14 12:17 pm
- Argentina coach Sabella happy with his forwards Updated: Mar-07-14 11:35 am
- Arsenal's title hopes fade with Wilshere out Updated: Mar-07-14 7:47 am
- Nantes to serve 1-year ban on signing new players Updated: Mar-07-14 6:33 am
- United make F Eddie Johnson a designated player Updated: Mar-06-14 5:23 pm
- US hosts Azerbaijan, Turkey, Nigeria in warmups Updated: Mar-06-14 3:57 pm
- Scolari happy with tests before squad announcement Updated: Mar-06-14 12:14 pm
- FIFA fines Caribbean member over finance rules Updated: Mar-06-14 10:15 am
- Ukraine beats US 2-0 in soccer exhibition Updated: Mar-06-14 5:27 am
- FIFA fines Caribbean member over finance rules Updated: Mar-06-14 5:06 am
- Diego Costa fails to quell nerves in Spain debut Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 am
FARO, Portugal - Aya Miyama scored a last-minute penalty on Monday as Japan beat Sweden 2-1 to advance to the Algarve Cup final.
SAO PAULO - Fans attending the inaugural match at the new stadium in the jungle city of Manaus were not completely satisfied and reported a lot of unfinished work at the venue, which is set to host its first World Cup match in about three months.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican authorities are investigating whether the owner of a Mexican oil services company that allegedly defrauded Citigroup used his professional soccer team to launder money.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian constructors say they have installed the giant roofing structure that collapsed after a crane failure at the stadium hosting the World Cup's opening match in three months.
BASEL, Switzerland - Switzerland and Basel goalkeeper Yann Sommer will join Borussia Moenchengladbach at the end of the season.
AMSTERDAM - In a severe blow to the Netherlands' World Cup hopes, midfielder Kevin Strootman looks certain to miss the tournament in Brazil because of a serious knee injury.
PARIS - Pele is counting on Neymar to lead Brazil to World Cup victory and erase the painful memory of the last time the football-mad country hosted the tournament.
BEAVERTON, Oregon - Portland Timbers coach Caleb Porter was named the Slats Gill Sportsperson of the Year at the Oregon Sports Awards.
SAO PAULO - Flamengo defeated Botafogo 2-0 at the Maracana on Sunday to ensure it finishes top in the Guanabara Cup; the first stage of the Rio de Janeiro state championship.
EDMONTON, Alberta - Canadian women's goalie Shannon Szabados has agreed to a contract with the Columbus Cottonmouths of the Southern Professional Hockey League.
MEXICO CITY - Mexican regulators declared the country's main television network and Carlos Slim's telecom company as "preponderant" market players on Friday, part of an effort by the government to promote competitiveness in the telecommunications sector.
SAO PAULO - Fans yelled racist insults at a Brazilian football player being interviewed by reporters after a match, the latest case of racism to hit the country that will host the World Cup in a few months.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico will host Israel on May 26 in Azteca Stadium as part of its preparations for the World Cup.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico will face Israel on May 26 in Azteca Stadium, its last World Cup warm-up on home soil.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - FIFA executive committee member Worawi Makudi's re-election as president of the Football Association of Thailand has been challenged at sport's highest court.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella says he is happy with the forwards he has, and that seems to be bad news for Juventus striker Carlos Tevez and his prospects for playing at the World Cup.
LONDON - With Jack Wilshere out for six weeks, few would bet on Arsenal to win its first Premier League title since 2004.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - French club Nantes will serve a one-year FIFA ban on recruiting new players after losing an appeal at Switzerland's supreme court.
WASHINGTON - D.C. United extended the contract of U.S. national team forward Eddie Johnson and declared him a designated player under MLS rules.
CHICAGO - The United States will prepare for the World Cup with home exhibition games against Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria.
SAO PAULO - Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari seems pretty pleased with himself, and his coaching acumen.
GENEVA - FIFA has fined the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association for financial wrongdoing linked to a development project.
LARNACA, Cyprus - One banner in the stands read "Ukraine is Undivided!" on the top and "One Country - One Team!" on the bottom. Ukrainian fans sang their nation's anthem in the final moments, and some broke into a chant of "No war in Ukraine!" after the final whistle.
ZURICH - FIFA has fined the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association for financial wrongdoing linked to a development project.
MADRID - Overcome by nerves before his Spain debut, Diego Costa did little to shake them with his performance in Wednesday's 1-0 victory over Italy.