- German goalkeeper Nadine Angerer faces her retirement Updated: Aug-29-15 5:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Nadine Angerer long ago started a bucket list of what she wants to do in retirement.
- Judge releases Argentine businessmen held in FIFA scandal Updated: Aug-28-15 5:30 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Two Argentine businessmen who were arrested in connection with the FIFA corruption scandal have been released from prison until an ongoing extradition proceeding to the United States is resolved.
- Movement to curtail concussions and make sports safer Updated: Aug-28-15 4:49 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - When an athlete breaks a bone, sprains a joint or tears a ligament, the damage is easily identified by bruising, swelling and obvious pain.
- Things to know about the FIFA presidential election Updated: Aug-28-15 1:39 pm
MONACO - FIFA presidential contender Michel Platini would not talk about it Friday, but he is the front-runner in an election that is still six months off.
- FIFA contender Platini refuses to talk election issues Updated: Aug-28-15 1:15 pm
MONACO - Michel Platini apologized Friday for refusing to discuss FIFA issues at his first news conference since announcing his bid for president of the governing body last month.
- Conte: Balotelli must show he 'deserves' an Italy call up Updated: Aug-28-15 1:08 pm
ROME - If Mario Balotelli wants to return to Italy's squad, coach Antonio Conte says he'll have to show that he deserves a spot.
- Flamboyant Depay already a crowd-pleaser at Man United Updated: Aug-28-15 12:44 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Players who have flourished in the iconic No. 7 jersey at Manchester United have had three attributes in common: attitude, ability and aura.
- Germany picks Liverpool's Emre Can for Euro qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:09 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany coach Joachim Loew called up Liverpool midfielder Emre Can on Friday for the upcoming European Championship qualifying matches against Poland and Scotland.
- Jedinak among 3 players ruled out of Socceroos match Updated: Aug-27-15 11:26 pm
SYDNEY - Mile Jedinak, Tomi Juric and Robbie Kruse have been ruled out of the Australia's 2018 World Cup qualifying match against Bangladesh and will be replaced by Italian-based attacker Chris Ikonomidis, striker Ben Halloran and midfielder Luke Brattan.
- Alex Morgan hopes last injury was the last Updated: Aug-27-15 10:35 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Alex Morgan hopes she's emerging from her last injury layoff for a while.
- Mexico interim coach Ferretti excludes Ochoa for friendlies Updated: Aug-27-15 5:48 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's new interim coach Ricardo Ferretti has left goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa and brothers Jonathan and Giovani Dos Santos out of the squad for the upcoming friendlies next month against Trinidad and Tobaho and Argentina.
- Judge throws out Leoz request to halt extradition to US Updated: Aug-27-15 1:00 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - A judge in Paraguay has thrown out a request that proceedings for extradition to the United States be dropped against Nicolas Leoz, the former head of the South American football confederation.
- US blocks Nicaragua bid to extradite FIFA case suspect Updated: Aug-27-15 11:51 am
BERN, Switzerland - The United States has blocked Nicaragua's attempt to extradite FIFA bribery case suspect Julio Rocha to his home country.
- CSKA faces UEFA charge over flare landing on pitch Updated: Aug-27-15 11:47 am
MOSCOW - Russia's CSKA Moscow faces disciplinary charges after a flare was thrown onto the pitch during a Champions League game against Sporting Lisbon, UEFA said Thursday.
- Sexwale 'weighing all options' about FIFA presidential race Updated: Aug-27-15 10:50 am
MONACO - Touted as a potential FIFA president, Tokyo Sexwale is "weighing all options" before deciding if he will enter the governing body's election race.
- Barcelona heads 32-team draw for Champions League groups Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 pm
GENEVA - The Champions League season takes shape Thursday when UEFA draws 32 elite teams into groups in Monaco.
- FIFA and CONMEBOL to audit Bolivia Football Federation Updated: Aug-26-15 4:36 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - CONMEBOL and FIFA will audit the finances of the Bolivian Football Federation, whose leader was jailed for alleged corruption, the president of South America's soccer confederation said on Wednesday.
- Platini's credentials as reformer questioned by FIFA rival Updated: Aug-26-15 2:36 pm
LONDON - As Michel Platini prepares to reveal his FIFA presidential vision, a rival contender is launching his campaign by questioning the UEFA leader's long-standing association with Sepp Blatter and his credentials to reform the scandal-tainted governing body.
- France international Digne joins Roma on loan from PSG Updated: Aug-26-15 1:41 pm
ROME - France international Lucas Digne has joined Roma on loan from Paris Saint-Germain, providing the Serie A challenger with a new option at left back after Ashley Cole struggled last season.
- FIFA hosts Israeli, Palestinian football leaders for talks Updated: Aug-26-15 10:51 am
ZURICH - A FIFA panel aiming to improve Israeli-Palestinian football relations met for the first time Wednesday and agreed a follow-up session in the Middle East next month.
- Egypt withdraws from soccer competitions at African games Updated: Aug-26-15 10:24 am
CAIRO - The Confederation of African Football says Egypt has withdrawn both its men's and women's soccer teams from the All Africa Games in Republic of Congo next month.
- Di Maria, Pastore, Biglia, Zabaleta left off Argentina team Updated: Aug-25-15 3:29 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Angel Di Maria and Javier Pastore, teammates at Paris Saint-Germain, have been left off Argentina's national team for friendly matches next month in the United States against Bolivia and Mexico.
- Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk hired by Saudi Arabia Updated: Aug-25-15 11:38 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Bert van Marwijk, who coached the Netherlands to the 2010 World Cup final, has been hired by Saudi Arabia.
- Ex CONMEBOL head asks end of US extradition request Updated: Aug-24-15 5:31 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - A lawyer for the former president of South America's soccer confederation is requesting a Paraguayan judge to throw out a request by U.S. prosecutors to extradite him to the United States where he has been charged in a corruption scandal.
- Hoffenheim signs Chile forward Eduardo Vargas from Napoli Updated: Aug-24-15 12:42 pm
SINSHEIM, Germany - Hoffenheim has signed Chile forward Eduardo Vargas from Napoli to compensate for the departure of Roberto Firmino to Liverpool.