- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw Updated: Dec-06-13 9:17 am
- Olympic women's soccer coach to teach at Bethany Updated: Dec-06-13 8:10 am
- Rio Ferdinand to work as TV pundit at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 6:14 am
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey Updated: Dec-05-13 6:49 pm
- FIFA mourns Mandela, 'one of greatest humanists' Updated: Dec-05-13 6:04 pm
- Manaus mayor: We don't want England here for WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 5:09 pm
- Sports court to judge Aussie's appeal of FIFA ban Updated: Dec-05-13 4:50 pm
- CAS to judge Mark Bresciano's FIFA ban appeal Updated: Dec-05-13 4:12 pm
- FIFA won't sell tickets for WCup final and opener Updated: Dec-05-13 4:04 pm
- Past champions betting on Brazil to win 2014 WCup Updated: Dec-05-13 1:42 pm
- FIFA sets out timetable for 2022 WCup dates talks Updated: Dec-05-13 1:15 pm
- Blatter: Mid-April finish for damaged WCup stadium Updated: Dec-05-13 12:59 pm
- FIFA to pay World Cup winner $35M prize money Updated: Dec-05-13 12:21 pm
- Former Spain coach Luis Aragones retires at 75 Updated: Dec-05-13 12:20 pm
- 32 teams, world of possibilities in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-05-13 12:12 pm
- FIFA picks India, Jordan to host youth World Cups Updated: Dec-05-13 11:56 am
- Hamren renews Sweden contract through Euro 2016 Updated: Dec-05-13 11:02 am
- Bundesliga to discuss goal-line technology Updated: Dec-05-13 10:02 am
- 5 Things to know about the World Cup draw schedule Updated: Dec-05-13 9:42 am
- Ronaldo relishes Portugal's underdog role at WC Updated: Dec-05-13 8:32 am
- 5 Things to Know about foreign World Cup coaches Updated: Dec-05-13 8:24 am
- Platini: WCup draw helping France was FIFA idea Updated: Dec-04-13 3:31 pm
- Brazil to keep World Cup protests at bay Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Attorney: No problems before Brazil collapse Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Bach to travel to Brazil to check on Rio preps Updated: Dec-04-13 12:55 pm
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The eyes of football focused nervously Friday on the draw to determine where, when and, most importantly, who the 32 teams will play at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
LINDSBORG, Kansas - The women who coached the U.S. women's soccer team to two Olympic gold medals will be a distinguished professor at Bethany College in Lindsborg.
LONDON - Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand will assess his former England teammates' performances during the World Cup next year.
JOHANNESBURG - He emerged into bright winter sunshine, stepped onto the lush field and pulled on a cap. His long-sleeve green rugby jersey was untucked and buttoned right up to the top, a style all his own. On the back, a gold No. 6, big and bold.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA president Sepp Blatter says FIFA is in mourning after the death of Nelson Mandela.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Go Home England!
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano has asked the top court in international sports to overturn his four-month ban by FIFA, even though the appeal could cost him a place at the World Cup.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano wants sport's highest court to overturn his four-month ban by FIFA, even though the appeal case could cost him a place at the World Cup.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Tickets for the final and the opening match of the 2014 World Cup will not be available to fans when a new sales phase opens after Friday's draw in Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Past world champions gathering in Brazil for Friday's World Cup draw are betting on the hosts to win next year's tournament on home soil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has agreed a timetable for consultation aimed at switching the 2022 World Cup kickoff in Qatar to November.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The damaged stadium in Sao Paulo won't stage its first match until less than two months before the World Cup is scheduled to open there, FIFA said Thursday.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA will give the 2014 World Cup winner $35 million in prize money, and all 32 competing nations will get at least $8 million.
MADRID - Former Spain coach Luis Aragones, the founder of the country's "tiki-taka" style of football, says he is retiring.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Thirty two teams and a world of possibilities.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has made the "geopolitical decision" to choose India as a youth World Cup host for the first time, and Jordan will be the first Arabic host of a women's tournament.
STOCKHOLM - Erik Hamren will stay on as Sweden coach despite the team's failure to qualify for next year's World Cup.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The Bundesliga will decide in March whether to introduce goal-line technology in its top two divisions.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Three matches in tropical beach resort cities; Staying in the cooler south with minimal travel between matches; flying around the vast country with a trip deep into the Amazon in the middle.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't count his Portugal among the favorites to win the World Cup, and he likes it that way.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The World Cup promises friendly reunions and old scores to settle - and that's just in the coaching dugouts.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Michel Platini has distanced himself from FIFA's choice of World Cup draw procedure, which appeared to give his native France a better chance in next year's tournament in Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazilian authorities say they've learned from demonstrations during the Confederations Cup not to let protesters get too close to stadiums at the upcoming World Cup.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The crane operator involved in last week's deadly accident at the Sao Paulo stadium that's hosting the opening match of the World Cup told police Wednesday that he'd noticed nothing out of the ordinary ahead of the incident, his attorney said.
LONDON - Warning that Brazil has "no time to lose," new International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach will travel soon to Rio de Janeiro to check on the troubled preparations for the 2016 Games.