- Conditions on Pluto: Incredibly hazy with flowing ice Updated: Jul-24-15 10:11 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Pluto is hazier than scientists expected and appears to be covered with flowing ice.
- 'Beautiful eye candy': Frozen plains in Pluto's heart Updated: Jul-17-15 4:31 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Vast frozen plains exist next door to Pluto's big, rugged mountains sculpted of ice, scientists said Friday, three days after humanity's first-ever flyby of the dwarf planet.
- Mission to Pluto science depends on Idaho power Updated: Jul-15-15 1:41 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - It's been nine years and more than 3 billion miles in the making.
- Hometown of Pluto discovery revels in successful flyby Updated: Jul-14-15 11:05 pm
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Colorful scientific symbols of the planets stretched down the arms of visitors at a northern Arizona observatory Tuesday. Not eight, but nine, in a showing of the popularity of Pluto in the city where it was discovered.
- Pluto flyby significant for city where icy world discovered Updated: Jul-14-15 9:24 am
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The observatory where Pluto was discovered is taking full advantage of a flyby of the icy dwarf planet Tuesday with astronomy-themed face painting, an extra Pluto presentation and a live NASA stream that will tell the world whether the mission was successful.
- Spotlight shining on Pluto on cold outskirts of solar system Updated: Jul-13-15 10:37 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - The spotlight is bright enough to thaw even Pluto.
- Astronomer's ashes nearing icy world he discovered: Pluto Updated: Jul-12-15 12:14 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - Come Tuesday, Clyde Tombaugh will pass within 7,800 miles of the icy world he discovered 85 years ago.
- Pluto-bound spacecraft carrying ashes of Illinois astronomer Updated: Jul-11-15 3:56 pm
STREATOR, Illinois - The NASA spacecraft set to complete a flyby of Pluto on Tuesday is carrying some of the ashes of the Illinois astronomer who discovered the dwarf planet.