- Senate panel votes to hold website in contempt over sex ads Updated: Feb-10-16 4:38 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel voted on Wednesday to hold the classified advertising website Backpage.com in civil contempt for failing to comply with a congressional subpoena into how it screens ads for possible sex trafficking.
- Prosecutors: Charges upgraded in airline gun smuggling case Updated: Feb-10-16 4:07 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors have upgraded charges in a gun trafficking case in which they allege at least two Delta Air Lines employees helped take guns on commercial flights in carry-on luggage from Georgia to New York.
- Ex-Orleans deputy sentenced for taking bribes from inmates Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A former sheriff's deputy who smuggled cellphones to inmates at Orleans Parish Prison and took bribes has been sentenced to more than two years behind bars.
- 14 plead guilty to drug distribution charges Updated: Feb-10-16 10:42 am
JACKSON, North Carolina - Federal prosecutors say 14 people from North Carolina and Virginia have pleaded guilty to drug distribution charges.
- 3rd man charged in Hartford sex trafficking case Updated: Feb-10-16 4:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A third man has been charged in connection with a sex trafficking investigation involving an 18-year-old woman who was held against her will, physically abused and forced into prostitution in Connecticut.
- Police: Man charged after $11K worth of heroin found in home Updated: Feb-10-16 4:37 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Police say a man was charged with heroin trafficking after authorities found about $11,000 worth of the drug in his Vermont home.
- 14 accused in Detroit-to-West Virginia heroin ring Updated: Feb-10-16 4:05 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - Fourteen people have been charged with roles in a heroin trafficking operation from Detroit to West Virginia.
- Tahoe-area sheriff's deputy pleads guilty to drug charge Updated: Feb-09-16 1:28 pm
GARDNERVILLE, Nevada - A 48-year-old former El Dorado County sheriff's deputy who worked on a drug task force at Lake Tahoe has pleaded guilty to one count of drug trafficking.
- Irish deploy military-style checkpoints to suppress gang war Updated: Feb-09-16 11:20 am
DUBLIN - Ireland's police force deployed military-style road checkpoints Tuesday as the government announced toughened measures to try to prevent a gang war in Dublin from claiming more lives.
- Correction: Drug Weight Dispute story Updated: Feb-09-16 10:13 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - In a story Feb. 8 about a case before the Ohio Supreme Court involving cocaine weights, the last name of a defense attorney was misspelled. It's Andrew Mayle, not Mahle.
- Man pleads not guilty to 2nd degree murder in drug overdose Updated: Feb-09-16 4:16 am
BENNINGTON, Vermont - A Bennington man was charged with murder after police allege he sold heroin to another man who died from an overdose.
- Man sentenced to 14 years for attempted sex trafficking Updated: Feb-09-16 4:01 am
PHOENIX - A Phoenix man who pleaded guilty to attempted sexual trafficking of an underage girl was sentenced to 14 years in federal prison.
- Advocates plan trafficking awareness efforts ahead of RNC Updated: Feb-07-16 3:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Social service organizations and law enforcement agencies are planning a campaign to raise awareness of a possible increase in forced prostitution and labor trafficking while crowds are in Cleveland for the upcoming Republican National Convention.
- 4 Shelby County jailers sentenced in pill scheme Updated: Feb-07-16 12:57 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Prosecutors say four former sheriff's employees have been sentenced to federal prison in a scheme to smuggle what they thought were OxyContin pills in the Shelby County Jail.
- Idaho grand jury indicts Washington state man on drug charge Updated: Feb-06-16 5:18 pm
JEROME, Idaho - A Washington state man who was arrested in Idaho on drug trafficking charges last year has been indicted on a federal drug charge.
- Tennessee, Georgia authorities crack down on sex trafficking Updated: Feb-06-16 3:21 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say more than 20 people have been arrested on charges related to sex trafficking and online exploitation of children in Tennessee and Georgia.
- New York nurse charged with smuggling razors, pot into jail Updated: Feb-06-16 11:33 am
NEW YORK - A nurse at a New York jail has been charged with smuggling razors and synthetic marijuana to inmates.
- Heroin trafficker in South Texas gets 32 years in prison Updated: Feb-06-16 10:02 am
LAREDO, Texas - A convicted drug trafficker from Laredo has been sentenced to 32 years in prison for helping smuggle heroin from Mexico into Texas.
- Ohio man sentenced to almost 12 years in heroin case in La. Updated: Feb-06-16 4:15 am
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Attorney in New Orleans says an Ohio man has been sentenced to 11 years and eight months in prison for heroin distribution.
- NHP: Man to face federal charges in Vegas drug luggage case Updated: Feb-05-16 5:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a passenger faces a federal drug trafficking charge after he was arrested at the airport in Las Vegas with several pounds of drugs in his checked luggage.
- Sierra Vista police: Narcotics investigation nets 9 arrests Updated: Feb-05-16 3:36 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Sierra Vista police say the arrests of nine residents of the southeastern Arizona city cap an investigation of methamphetamine and heroin trafficking.
- Man accused of forcing Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution Updated: Feb-05-16 3:09 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A North Carolina man has been arrested on charges that he forced a 19-year-old female Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution.
- Man accused of forcing Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution Updated: Feb-05-16 12:26 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities accuse a Fayetteville man of forcing a 19-year-old Fort Bragg soldier into prostitution.
- Canadian man sentenced in NY for smuggling 12 people into US Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A 39-year-old Canadian man has been sentenced to five years in an American federal prison for illegally smuggling 12 people across the border into the United States.
- Pennsylvania man pleads guilty to role in drug ring Updated: Feb-05-16 3:05 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - A Pennsylvania man has pleaded guilty to participating in a ring that sold heroin and prescription drugs in West Virginia.