- The Latest: UK wants UN vote soon on refugee smuggling Updated: Oct-07-15 11:53 am
BRUSSELS - The latest developments as hundreds of thousands of people seeking safety make an epic trek through Europe. All times local.
- Macon 'Dirty Bird' rapper facing drug trafficking charges Updated: Oct-07-15 8:23 am
MACON, Georgia - Rapper Sonny Spoon has been named as one of the higher-ups arrested in what authorities say was a large-scale drug organization based in Macon.
- AP Investigation: 5 key findings on nuclear smuggling Updated: Oct-07-15 1:16 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - An Associated Press investigation reveals that a remote corner of eastern Europe has become a thriving marketplace for nuclear material aimed at extremists in the Middle East. Here are five key findings:
- Troopers: Men driving in Nevada had 200 pounds marijuana Updated: Oct-06-15 12:59 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Nevada Highway Patrol troopers have arrested two out-of-state men they say had more than 200 pounds of marijuana in their vehicle.
- 17 smugglers arrested in Arizona; 490 pounds of pot seized Updated: Oct-06-15 6:11 am
YUMA, Arizona - Border Patrol agents in southwestern Arizona have arrested 17 suspected drug smugglers, 15 people posing as legal U.S. residents and seized nearly 500 pounds of marijuana.
- Topeka man gets 20 years in prison in drug trafficking ring Updated: Oct-06-15 4:12 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A 29-year-old Topeka man accused of supplying crack cocaine to drug traffickers in Junction City and Manhattan, Kansas, has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- West Virginia man admits role in heroin trafficking case Updated: Oct-06-15 3:15 am
WHEELING, West Virginia - A West Virginia man has admitted his role in a heroin trafficking operation.
- Man gets life in prison for 2nd drug trafficking conviction Updated: Oct-03-15 1:10 pm
SUMMERVILLE, South Carolina - A Summerville man has been sentenced to life in prison after being convicted of trafficking drugs for a second time.
- Colombian military kills warlord of rural cocaine fiefdom Updated: Oct-02-15 8:53 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - A years-long manhunt for a ruthless cocaine warlord who ruled a remote rural fiefdom with an armed band and generous bribes has ended with a military raid that killed the man considered Colombia's second most-wanted criminal.
- Man accused of trying to smuggle drugs at Rikers Island Updated: Oct-02-15 5:03 pm
NEW YORK - A New York private investigator has been arrested after authorities say he tried to smuggle synthetic marijuana into a jail on Rikers Island.
- Ohio police detective accused of drug trafficking, extortion Updated: Oct-02-15 7:07 am
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - The FBI says it has arrested an Ohio police detective accused of drug trafficking and extortion.
- Smugglers kill Egyptian policeman near border with Israel Updated: Oct-02-15 5:55 am
CAIRO - Smugglers killed an Egyptian policeman in northern Sinai near the border with Israel as he foiled a cross-border smuggling attempt, Egypt's Interior Ministry said Friday.
- Police: Bangor woman operated meth lab out of hotel room Updated: Oct-02-15 4:09 am
BREWER, Maine - Police say a Bangor woman was operating a meth lab out of her hotel room.
- Brooklyn man faces up to 30 years for Maine drug trafficking Updated: Oct-02-15 3:35 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A federal judge has found a New York man guilty of heroin and cocaine trafficking in Maine after a two-day bench trial.
- 2 convicted in border agent's death; 2 remain fugitives Updated: Oct-02-15 3:16 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Two more men have been convicted in the murder of a Border Patrol agent, whose death brought to light the bungled federal gun-tracking operation known as Fast and Furious.
- Lawrence man sentenced to 15 years in prison in drug scheme Updated: Oct-01-15 6:56 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - One of two northeast Kansas twin brothers has been sentenced to 15 years in federal prison for his role in a multistate marijuana-trafficking operation.
- Mexico extradites top capos, others from max security jail Updated: Sep-30-15 8:20 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico extradited 13 people to the United States on Wednesday, including two top drug lords and several suspects in two high-profile 2011 crimes involving Americans - an attack on immigration agents in San Luis Potosi and the killing of consulate workers in Ciudad Juarez.
- Nevada prison caseworker held on federal drug charges Updated: Sep-30-15 7:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - A former caseworker at Nevada's maximum-security prison in Ely was in federal custody and out of a job on Wednesday following her arrest on drug conspiracy and distribution charges and her admission that she smuggled methamphetamine into prison, officials said.
- Guatemalan national sentenced to prison for trafficking Updated: Sep-30-15 4:08 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Pawtucket man has been sentenced to federal prison for trafficking heroin.
- Madagascar agents foil smuggling of more than 700 turtles Updated: Sep-30-15 10:40 am
ANTANANARIVO, Madagascar - The discovery by Madagascar's customs officials of more than 700 rare tortoises about to be smuggled out of the country is the largest ever case of its kind, an organization devoted to protecting the animals said Wednesday.
- 2 Oregon men charged in plot to smuggle guns to Mexico Updated: Sep-29-15 10:29 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - U.S. prosecutors say two Oregon men have been charged in connection with smuggling military-style firearms to Mexican drug cartels.
- Maryland man convicted in major NY cigarette-smuggling case Updated: Sep-29-15 6:49 pm
NEW YORK - A Maryland man accused of spearheading the smuggling of more than a million cartons of untaxed cigarettes into New York state was convicted Tuesday of racketeering but acquitted of charges that he plotted behind bars to get witnesses killed.
- Man sentenced to 19 years in federal prison in drug scheme Updated: Sep-29-15 5:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - One of two northeast Kansas twin brothers convicted of roles in a multistate marijuana-trafficking operation has been sentenced to more than 19 years in federal prison.
- Billings man gets 7 years for trying to purchase sex slaves Updated: Sep-29-15 1:54 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for attempting to purchase two women to use as sex slaves in what he called a stone dungeon in the basement of his residence.
- Company accused of smuggling realistic police badges into US Updated: Sep-29-15 1:23 pm
ATLANTA - A German company that smuggled realistic-looking police badges into the U.S. in an online sales operation is now facing criminal charges after an undercover FBI investigation, federal prosecutors said Tuesday.