- Prison time set for child prostitution tied to NCAA event Updated: May-02-16 5:07 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities say four people convicted of sex trafficking three girls during the 2013 NCAA Final Four held in Atlanta have been sentenced to prison time.
- Pleas entered in meth-smuggling case at state women's prison Updated: May-02-16 8:21 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - An inmate at the South Dakota women's prison has been sentenced on methamphetamine-related charges and seven others in the case have entered pleas.
- Colombia deports man called Peru's most-wanted drug criminal Updated: May-01-16 6:26 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Colombian police on Sunday announced the capture of an alleged dangerous drug lord described as Peru's most-wanted criminal.
- Clarksville man arrested in teen sex trafficking case Updated: May-01-16 6:18 pm
CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee - Police have charged a Clarksville man with trafficking an underage girl for sex.
- Attorney general plugs campaign to uncover child sex abusers Updated: May-01-16 10:27 am
AUGUSTA, Georgia - Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens is promoting a new statewide campaign to "unmask" those who seek children for sex.
- Woman accused of smuggling heroin at border arrested Updated: Apr-30-16 6:11 am
TUCSON, Arizona - Border Patrol agents say a woman was arrested at a Tucson area checkpoint after nearly 7 pounds of heroin was found on her body.
- Agents seize drugs, arrest nearly 60 at Arizona border Updated: Apr-30-16 6:11 am
YUMA, Arizona - Border Patrol agents near Yuma have arrested nearly 60 people trying to illegally enter the U.S.
- Land Board awards grant for human trafficking treatment Updated: Apr-29-16 7:21 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Land Board has awarded $94,500 for human trafficking treatment and support services.
- Brazil police arrest Colombian drug trafficker Updated: Apr-29-16 3:49 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazilian police say they have arrested a Colombian man wanted on drug gang charges in his home country and in the U.S.
- Authorities: 11 charged in Rochester-area cocaine ring Updated: Apr-29-16 7:02 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Federal authorities say nearly a dozen people have been charged in a major cocaine trafficking ring in Rochester.
- New York, New Jersey authorities arrest 18 in cocaine ring Updated: Apr-29-16 6:05 am
GOSHEN, New York - Authorities in New York and New Jersey say they've broken up a cocaine distribution ring, arresting 18 people.
- Police seize $1.5 million in cocaine in Washington County Updated: Apr-29-16 2:22 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland police say they have seized an estimated $1.5 million worth of cocaine after stopping a vehicle with suspected drug traffickers in Washington County.
- Mexican general gets 52 years for torturing, killing man Updated: Apr-28-16 6:56 pm
MEXICO CITY - A judge has sentenced a general in the Mexican army to 52½ years in prison for ordering the torture of a suspect, then having his body burned, Mexico's federal judiciary council said Thursday.
- 5th person charged in southwest Missouri homicide Updated: Apr-28-16 2:52 pm
HALLTOWN, Missouri - A fifth person has been charged in the ambush killing of a drug trafficker in southwest Missouri.
- Bahrain sentences 8 to life in prison on terrorism charges Updated: Apr-28-16 7:53 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A court in Bahrain has sentenced eight people to life in prison on various terrorism-related charges connected to protests by the country's majority Shiites demanding greater rights from the tiny-island nation's Sunni-led monarchy.
- New York man gets 21 years for drug trafficking in Lewiston Updated: Apr-28-16 6:43 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Brooklyn, New York, man has been sentenced to serve more than two decades in prison for trafficking crack cocaine and heroin throughout the Lewiston area.
- Hudson Valley man pleads not guilty to kidnapping, rape Updated: Apr-28-16 5:44 am
GOSHEN, New York - A Hudson Valley man is accused of kidnapping four women and sexually assaulting them in his apartment over the course of several months.
- Ancient Buddhist sculpture returned to Pakistani government Updated: Apr-28-16 3:01 am
NEW YORK - An ancient stone sculpture of Buddha's footprints that was smuggled into the United States and had been expected to sell for more than $1 million was returned to the government of Pakistan on Wednesday.
- Los Angeles school policeman charged in child sex sting Updated: Apr-27-16 9:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles school police officer has been charged with attempted sex trafficking of a child and trying to use the Internet to lure a child into sex.
- Prosecutor: Biggest gang takedown in New York City history Updated: Apr-27-16 7:19 pm
NEW YORK - Law enforcement rescued a housing project with the biggest gang takedown in city history, and now officials are investigating whether the city's 400,000 public housing residents were being protected in safe conditions as required by federal law, a federal prosecutor announced Wednesday.
- 2 Malaysians plead guilty to wildlife smuggling Updated: Apr-27-16 4:25 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Two Malaysian nationals pleaded guilty to smuggling wildlife into the United States and were sentenced by a judge in Portland, Oregon, to six months in federal prison.
- Augusta man sentenced to serve 2 years for drug trafficking Updated: Apr-27-16 7:01 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A resident of Maine's capital city has been sentenced to serve two years in prison for trafficking drugs throughout the Augusta area.
- Danes face smuggling charges for giving migrants a lift Updated: Apr-27-16 6:14 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Already under fire for ordering police to seize jewelry from asylum-seekers, Denmark is seeing its humanitarian credentials once again being questioned as it presses smuggling charges against people who gave migrants a ride to neighboring Sweden.
- Sex trafficking panel planned at Marshall University Updated: Apr-27-16 5:24 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - A panel discussion on sex trafficking in West Virginia is scheduled next week at Marshall University.
- Arizona man gets prison in New Mexico meth trafficking case Updated: Apr-26-16 6:22 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - An Arizona man has been sentenced to a decade in federal prison for drug trafficking in New Mexico.