- Thailand arrests 2 alleged brokers who sent slaves to boats Updated: Jul-01-15 6:01 am
BANGKOK - Two Thai men described as key figures in a human trafficking ring that provides slave crews for fishing boats were arrested, officials said Wednesday, as new regulations aimed at cracking down on illegal fishing took effect.
- Ex-Colombian paramilitary leader sentenced on drug charges Updated: Jun-30-15 6:15 pm
WASHINGTON - A former Colombian paramilitary leader convicted of federal cocaine trafficking charges will serve nearly seven more years in a U.S. prison before he is returned to his country.
- New laws include 48-hour waiting period for abortion Updated: Jun-30-15 2:41 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A mandate for a 48-hour waiting period before an abortion is one of many new Tennessee laws taking effect Wednesday.
- NZ man gets 15 years prison in Indonesia in drug smuggling Updated: Jun-30-15 10:26 am
BALI, Indonesia - An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a New Zealand man to 15 years in prison for trying to smuggle methamphetamine into the resort island of Bali.
- Ex-probation officer gets prison for Texas sex trafficking Updated: Jun-30-15 7:50 am
EL PASO, Texas - A former juvenile probation officer in West Texas has been sentenced to 18 years in prison for his role in a gang-related sex trafficking ring.
- Police arrest more than 20 people after drug investigation Updated: Jun-30-15 7:23 am
WILLIMANTIC, Connecticut - Police say more than 20 people have been arrested in eastern Connecticut in connection with a three-month narcotics investigation.
- Arrests hit heroin trade in southeastern Ohio Updated: Jun-30-15 3:34 am
ATHENS, Ohio - Authorities in southeastern Ohio say a series of arrests have put a dent in the region's heroin trade.
- Hawaii governor plans to veto sex trafficking bill Updated: Jun-29-15 11:10 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii Gov. David Ige said he plans to veto a bill that would ban sex trafficking, making the state the only one in the nation without a comprehensive law on the subject.
- Long prison terms for armed New York heroin traffickers Updated: Jun-28-15 7:02 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Two Rochester men have received lengthy federal prison sentences for their roles in an armed heroin trafficking operation.
- Police: 3 arrested in connection with drug trafficking Updated: Jun-27-15 3:42 pm
NORWALK, Connecticut - Police say three people have been arrested in connection with drug trafficking out of a Norwalk nightclub.
- Police seize 26 pounds of marijuana in Tuscaloosa bust Updated: Jun-27-15 10:35 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Police have seized 26 pounds of marijuana from two alleged drug traffickers in Tuscaloosa.
- New York man pleads guilty to importing drug 'molly' Updated: Jun-27-15 8:04 am
BUFFALO, New York - A western New York man has admitted ordering $60,000 worth of a controlled substance from China.
- 3 in El Paso get prison for gang-related sex trafficking Updated: Jun-26-15 7:49 pm
EL PASO, Texas - A third man linked to a West Texas gang and sex trafficking has been sentenced to federal prison.
- Police raid Baltimore's 'Block' in trafficking investigation Updated: Jun-26-15 3:19 pm
BALTIMORE - Local and federal law enforcement agents raided three clubs on The Block, Baltimore's famous downtown red-light strip, as part of a human trafficking investigation.
- Carriere man admits role in meth trafficking case Updated: Jun-26-15 5:32 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A 55-year-old Carriere man arrested in a probe of meth trafficking in Pearl River and Hancock counties has been sentenced to prison for his role in the drug distribution ring.
- Man gets 18 years for using runaway to promote prostitution Updated: Jun-26-15 4:13 am
MOORHEAD, Minnesota - A man has been sentenced to 18 years in prison after being accused of using a 13-year-old runaway from Minneapolis to promote prostitution in Moorhead.
- New phase in federal effort to combat human trafficking Updated: Jun-25-15 5:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The Justice Department is announcing a new phase in efforts to combat human trafficking.
- Ethiopia working to extradite 80 suspected human smugglers Updated: Jun-25-15 8:13 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The Ethiopian government says it is working with the International Criminal Police Organization, or Interpol, to repatriate 80 suspected human smugglers as the country struggles to stem the wave of migrants leaving the country.
- NJ man admits to operating major drug ring Updated: Jun-24-15 9:31 pm
NEW YORK - A 28-year-old New Jersey man has admitted to being the leader of a major drug trafficking gang that moved large quantities of cocaine throughout Manhattan, the Bronx and New Jersey.
- Montgomery man convicted for online gun trafficking Updated: Jun-24-15 3:44 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama man is facing 15 years in federal prison for trafficking firearms on underground websites.
- Authorities accuse inmate of smuggling drug into county jail Updated: Jun-24-15 2:24 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Authorities in southeast South Dakota are accusing an inmate of smuggling a prescription drug into a county jail.
- Man charged with human trafficking in prostitution case Updated: Jun-24-15 9:26 am
INKSTER, Michigan - Authorities say a 38-year-old Detroit-area man engaged in human trafficking while orchestrating an online prostitution operation.
- US unseals indictments against leaders of Colombia drug gang Updated: Jun-23-15 6:43 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - U.S. prosecutors on Tuesday unsealed indictments against 17 alleged leaders of Colombia's largest cocaine-trafficking organization in a move seeking to shore up bilateral cooperation in the drug war.
- Human smuggler gets prison for Arizona crash that killed 4 Updated: Jun-23-15 4:20 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - A human smuggler has been sentenced to 22 years in prison for a 2012 rollover accident in Casa Grande that killed four people who were in the country illegally.
- Houston man gets 14 years for sex trafficking of girls Updated: Jun-23-15 3:22 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston man has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for the sex trafficking of girls in Texas, Louisiana and Colorado.