- Ex-constable sues FBI for drug 'protection' arrest Updated: Dec-09-13 2:52 pm
- Uruguay to approve pot dealing, despite risks Updated: Dec-09-13 2:37 pm
- Report monitors human trafficking problem in Ky. Updated: Dec-09-13 11:11 am
- Sentencing delay sought in immigrant smuggling Updated: Dec-09-13 4:07 am
- UK police free 3 suspected 'slavery' victims Updated: Dec-08-13 11:55 am
- 2 Fla. men get prison in cargo ship cocaine ring Updated: Dec-08-13 11:11 am
- Vt. man accused of smuggling drugs on infant Updated: Dec-07-13 6:26 pm
- Lawmaker urging tougher law for heroin dealing Updated: Dec-07-13 11:36 am
- Sioux Falls man convicted in sex trafficking case Updated: Dec-07-13 11:08 am
- Maine woman gets 10 years for cocaine trafficking Updated: Dec-07-13 9:44 am
- Man guilty in NY in ancient-statue smuggling case Updated: Dec-06-13 8:58 pm
- Lewiston man charged with heroin trafficking Updated: Dec-06-13 2:35 pm
- Serb police detain hundreds in anti-drug sweep Updated: Dec-06-13 6:17 am
- NYC man who smuggled rhino horns gets 3 years Updated: Dec-05-13 9:25 pm
- Lawyers: Charges against ex-governor baseless Updated: Dec-05-13 7:52 pm
- 15 arrested in takedown of Central CA drug ring Updated: Dec-04-13 11:23 pm
- House votes to assume teen prostitutes are victims Updated: Dec-04-13 6:58 pm
- Maine man pleads guilty in NY to drug smuggling Updated: Dec-04-13 12:31 pm
- Former mayor pleads guilty to drug charge Updated: Dec-03-13 11:23 am
- Former Philly cop guilty of tipping off dealer kin Updated: Dec-03-13 6:59 am
- Former Mexico border state official indicted in US Updated: Dec-02-13 7:19 pm
- NC man sentenced in child sex trafficking case Updated: Dec-02-13 6:06 pm
- Va. crime panel to study cigarette smuggling Updated: Dec-02-13 3:30 pm
- Co-owner of Va. drug firm admits illegal imports Updated: Dec-02-13 1:38 pm
- Methamphetamine blamed for Tulsa slayings Updated: Dec-01-13 3:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - A former state constable acquitted of charges that he protected a Pittsburgh-area drug ring that included his childhood friend and two cousins has sued the FBI agent who led the investigation for allegedly misleading a grand jury and wrongfully arresting him.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay is pushing ahead to create a legal marijuana market despite warnings from educators, psychiatrists and pharmacists of dangerous side effects.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Child protection officials in Kentucky investigated 20 allegations of human trafficking involving 25 children from late June through mid-October, a state report said.
JACKSON, Mississippi - An attorney wants to postpone the sentencing of a naturalized U.S. citizen who pleaded guilty in Mississippi to a charge of transporting two Chinese immigrants who were in the United States illegally.
LONDON - British police say they have freed three men believed to be victims of slavery and human trafficking.
MIAMI - Two South Florida men have been sentenced to federal prison time for their roles in a cocaine smuggling ring that used cargo shipping containers.
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a Bennington man is accused of smuggling drugs into the South Burlington prison on an infant who was visiting with a female inmate.
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky legislator is calling for tougher jail penalties for heroin dealing, but treatment advocates argued that harsher criminal punishments don't help with the problem of addiction.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man has been convicted on federal sex trafficking charges involving homeless teen girls.
LEWISTON, Maine - A Lewiston, Maine, woman has been sentenced to 10 years in prison on cocaine trafficking charges.
NEW YORK - A former manager of a now-closed New York art gallery has pleaded guilty for his role in an international scheme to smuggle ancient Buddhist and Hindu sculptures.
LEWISTON, Maine - Maine drug enforcement officials say they've arrested a Lewiston man in connection with illegal distribution of heroin.
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbian police say they have detained hundreds of people in a massive sweep against drug traffickers throughout the Balkan country.
NEW YORK - A New York City antiques dealer who pleaded guilty to conspiracy for smuggling artifacts made from rhinoceros horns from the U.S. to China and Hong Kong has been sentenced to three years in prison, plus three years' supervised release.
MEXICO CITY - The charges against a former Mexican governor accused in the United States of money laundering and drug trafficking are based on false accusations by people trying to bargain with U.S. prosecutors, his lawyers said Thursday.
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - Authorities say 15 people have been arrested in the takedown of a drug trafficking ring suspected of dealing large amounts of heroin in San Luis Obispo County.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan House has voted to give legal protection to teen prostitutes in an attempt to address human trafficking.
PORTLAND, Maine - The former owner of a live music venue in Portland, Maine, has pleaded guilty to his role in smuggling nearly 170 pounds of cocaine from California to Vermont.
GRAYSON, Kentucky - The former mayor of a small eastern Kentucky city has pleaded guilty to a drug trafficking charge.
PHILADELPHIA - A former Philadelphia police officer has been convicted of obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI when he tipped off his half brother about a heroin-trafficking investigation.
BROWNSVILLE, Texas - U.S. prosecutors in Texas announced Monday that they've charged the former governor of the Mexican state of Tamaulipas for allegedly accepting bribes from a drug cartel and taking part in drug trafficking.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Fayetteville man has been sentenced to 45 years in prison and a lifetime of supervised release after his guilty plea to two counts of sex trafficking of children.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia State Crime Commission agreed Monday to conduct its own study of illegal cigarette trafficking rather than pass the issue off to the General Assembly's overworked investigative agency.
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The co-owner of a now-defunct Virginia drug company has pleaded guilty to illegally importing Botox and other prescription drugs and selling them to physicians in violation of the Food and Drug Administration's regulatory scheme.
TULSA, Oklahoma - Tulsa police say that violence surrounding the manufacture and use of methamphetamine is rising, despite a decline in the number of meth labs found in the northeastern Oklahoma city.