- Average US rate on 30-year loan rises to 4.46 pct Updated: Dec-05-13 11:31 am
- US new-home sales jump in Oct. after Sept. drop Updated: Dec-04-13 10:54 am
- US manufacturing grows at fastest in 2½ years Updated: Dec-02-13 4:18 pm
- US construction spending up 0.8 percent in October Updated: Dec-02-13 11:33 am
- Gov't delays US home construction data again Updated: Nov-25-13 1:50 pm
- US homebuilder confidence holds steady in November Updated: Nov-18-13 11:16 am
- Report: Wichita area home sales down in October Updated: Nov-17-13 12:47 pm
- US mobility for young adults falls to 50-year low Updated: Nov-14-13 11:39 am
WASHINGTON - Average U.S. rates for fixed mortgages rose sharply this week, making home-buying slightly less affordable.
WASHINGTON - Americans ramped up purchases of new homes in October after three months of soft sales, evidence that the housing recovery is improving fitfully.
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturing grew in November at the fastest pace in 2½ years as factories ramped up production, stepped up hiring and received orders at a healthy clip.
WASHINGTON - U.S. developers boosted construction spending in October at the fastest pace in more than four years, propelled by a surge in government projects. But spending on home construction and commercial projects both fell.
WASHINGTON - The government is blaming the 16-day partial shutdown for a second delay in its monthly reporting on U.S. home construction.
U.S. homebuilders' confidence in the housing market held steady this month, but many are worried that another fight over the federal budget could cause would-be buyers to put off home purchases.
WICHITA, Kansas - Home sales in the Wichita area fell in October amid the federal government shutdown that slowed mortgage loan processing and approvals, a new report shows.
WASHINGTON - U.S. mobility for young adults has fallen to the lowest level in more than 50 years as cash-strapped 20-somethings shun home-buying and refrain from major moves in a weak job market.