- US construction spending reaches highest level in 7 years Updated: Sep-01-15 11:29 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending in July climbed to its highest level in more than seven years, boosted by an increase in the building of houses, factories and power plants.
- Correction: The Month Ahead story Updated: Aug-31-15 12:35 pm
In a story Aug. 28, about upcoming events, The Associated Press reported erroneously the dates of business events expected in the first week in September.
- AP National News Calendar Updated: Aug-28-15 4:47 pm
Eds: Major scheduled events for the week of August 30 - September 5. Note that many events are subject to change at the last minute.
- Astoria struggling with shortage of housing Updated: Aug-26-15 12:54 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Anyone who has tried to rent an apartment or buy a house in Astoria since the recession knows the story: few choices, relatively high cost.
- The Latest: Dow fell more than 600 points from day's peak Updated: Aug-25-15 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the global financial market turmoil (all times local):
- US new-home sales rebound in July Updated: Aug-25-15 10:23 am
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their purchases of new homes in July, with sales surging in the Northeast.
- Measure of US economy's future health slips in July Updated: Aug-20-15 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - An index designed to predict the future health of the U.S. economy declined slightly in July yet still pointed to modest growth in the months ahead.
- Single-family houses fuel gains in US homebuilding in July Updated: Aug-18-15 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders started work on single-family houses last month at the fastest pace since the Great Recession began in late 2007.