- US construction spending rises to highest level in 8 years Updated: Dec-01-15 11:15 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending jumped in October, fueled by solid gains in home building and the largest increase in federal construction in nine years.
- US new-home sales rebound in October after September plummet Updated: Nov-25-15 11:06 am
WASHINGTON - Sales of new homes recovered in October after suffering a steep drop in September, returning to this year's trend of an improving market for real estate developers and builders.
- US home prices jump in September by most in more than a year Updated: Nov-24-15 11:51 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose in September from a year earlier at the fastest pace in 13 months as a lack of houses for sale has forced buyers to bid up available properties.
- Oct. home construction slumps on fewer apartment buildings Updated: Nov-18-15 10:11 am
WASHINGTON - Apartment construction plunged sharply in October, as the pace of homebuilding slipped amid a broader cooling of the real estate market.
- Anchorage mayor looks to house 300 homeless people Updated: Nov-18-15 10:11 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Mayor Ethan Berkowitz has announced plans to provide hundreds of housing units for homeless people living in the city within the next three years.