- Deere boosts guidance as construction offsets ag swoon Updated: May-22-15 11:24 am
MOLINE, Illinois - Solid sales of its construction equipment offset a global agricultural slowdown for Deere, the company said Friday. It also raised its outlook for the year and its shares rose nearly 4 percent Friday.
- Surge in home construction is lifting hopes for US economy Updated: May-19-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. housing market has given a sudden jolt to what appeared to be a slumping economy.
- US homebuilders' confidence in sales prospects ebbs Updated: May-18-15 10:40 am
U.S. homebuilders are feeling slightly less confident about their sales prospects, a reflection of the sluggish start to this spring's home-selling season.
- First-time buyers face hurdles to homeownership this spring Updated: May-12-15 11:31 am
Young people aspiring to buy their first home are already facing disappointment this year.
- US economy rebounding with solid if unspectacular job gains Updated: May-08-15 5:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Rebounding from a dismal start to the year, the U.S. economy added 223,000 jobs in April, a solid gain that suggested that employers are helping fuel a durable if still subpar recovery.
- A hazy view of US economy emerges ahead of April jobs report Updated: May-07-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - When the government reports Friday on job growth during April, it could help clarify an increasingly nagging question:
- US construction spending drops 0.6 percent in March Updated: May-01-15 10:16 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction fell in March as an increase in nonresidential construction was offset by declines in home building and government projects.