- Contracts to buy US homes barely budged in January Updated: Mar-02-14 1:13 am
- Solid new-home sales lift hopes for housing market Updated: Feb-26-14 3:59 pm
- US housing construction down 16 percent in January Updated: Feb-19-14 9:23 am
- American Woodmark 3Q profit jumps on higher sales Updated: Feb-18-14 12:14 pm
- US homebuilder confidence sinks in February Updated: Feb-18-14 11:46 am
WASHINGTON - The number of Americans who signed contracts to buy homes was essentially flat in January, a possible sign of a softening real estate market.
WASHINGTON - A surprisingly strong pace of new-home sales last month has boosted hopes that the spring buying season will be solid enough to lift the overall economy.
WASHINGTON - U.S. home construction fell in January for a second month but the weakness in both months reflected severe winter weather in many parts of the country. The expectation is that housing will deliver another year of solid gains, helped by an improving economy.
RICHMOND, Virginia - American Woodmark's third-quarter profit jumped 41 percent as the cabinet maker continued to benefit from new home construction and remodeling.
U.S. homebuilders' confidence in the housing market declined sharply this month as the severe weather battering much of the nation keeps many would-be buyers at home.