- US construction spending hit 8-year-high in 2015 Updated: Feb-01-16 10:13 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending rebounded slightly in December, helping push total spending for 2015 to the highest level in eight years.
- US new-home sales soar in December Updated: Jan-27-16 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans rushed to buy new homes in December at the strongest pace in 10 months, with 2015 marking the strongest year for this segment of the housing market since 2007.
- South Korea's 4Q growth slows as construction spending drops Updated: Jan-25-16 10:17 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's economic growth slowed in the final quarter of 2015 as a drop in construction investment outweighed an improvement in consumer spending, the country's central bank said Tuesday.
- 2015 construction in Mitchell sets city record at $44.7M Updated: Jan-22-16 7:54 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Construction in Mitchell last year set city records, an achievement officials say reflects a strong local economy and a high quality of life.
- Las Vegas land not dirt cheap or selling like it once was Updated: Jan-22-16 2:01 am
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas once was a hot spot for land speculators, who couldn't get enough desert tracts to develop or flip to other investors.
- US housing starts slip in December, but annual gains solid Updated: Jan-20-16 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - US builders started fewer homes in December, but prior gains meant that residential construction ended 2015 at its healthiest level in eight years.
- Economists see more growth for US economy, housing in '16 Updated: Jan-19-16 5:31 pm
LAS VEGAS - A robust U.S. economy and job market, plus low mortgage rates, should help keep the recovery in the new-home market going at a modest pace this year, but a return to pre-housing boom sales and construction levels isn't imminent.