- US consumer confidence falls to lowest level since September Updated: Jul-28-15 1:19 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumer confidence fell this month to the lowest level since September. Consumers are worried about the job market and rattled by events in Greece and China.
- Britain's economy grows 0.7 percent in second quarter Updated: Jul-28-15 5:25 am
LONDON - Britain's economy picked up speed in the second quarter of 2015, when it expanded by 0.7 percent compared with the previous three-month period.
- China manufacturing slumps to 15-month low Updated: Jul-24-15 12:07 am
HONG KONG - China's manufacturing slumped to a 15-month low in July in a fresh sign of deterioration in the world's second biggest economy, a survey showed Friday.
- Obama: Africa can be next center of global economic growth Updated: Jul-22-15 6:50 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says Africa has the potential to be the next center of global economic growth.
- Yellen, Draghi upbeat despite tumult in Greece, China Updated: Jul-16-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The Chinese stock market is experiencing a terrifying freefall, and Greece is teetering on the brink of financial collapse.
- Some economic growth likely in rural parts of 10 states Updated: Jul-16-15 12:29 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A new survey suggests modest economic growth ahead in rural parts of 10 Plains and Western states, but the predicted decline in farm income this year remains a concern.
- Fed survey finds economic growth in all regions of country Updated: Jul-15-15 2:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy was expanding in all regions of the country in the late spring, aided by strong sales of autos and other consumer goods.
- China economy: Things to know about its latest growth report Updated: Jul-15-15 1:13 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth held steady at 7 percent in the latest quarter, its weakest level since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggest government efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- China's 2Q economic growth steady at 7 percent Updated: Jul-15-15 1:08 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth in the latest quarter held steady at 7 percent, its weakest performance since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggested efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- China June exports up 2.8 percent, imports down 6.1 percent Updated: Jul-13-15 1:04 am
BEIJING - China's June export growth rebounded to 2.8 percent in a modest improvement amid slowing economic growth while imports fell 6.1 percent.
- Rent remains low as economy grows in Idaho Updated: Jul-11-15 5:41 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Housing rental prices in Idaho have remained lower than the national average as the country has slowly recovered from the economic downturn.
- Chinese stocks vs. reality: Shares are untethered to economy Updated: Jul-09-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - There's economic reality. Then there's the Chinese stock market.
- IMF downgrades 2015 outlook for global growth to 3.3 percent Updated: Jul-09-15 12:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy's stumble at the start of 2015 is dragging down the world's growth to the lowest level since the Great Recession, the International Monetary Fund said Thursday.
- Easier terms for Greece could open a can of worms in Europe Updated: Jul-09-15 8:13 am
LISBON, Portugal - Eurozone governments taking a tough line on Greece's demand for debt relief and easier bailout terms fear opening a can of worms.
- China inflation edges up to 1.4 percent in June Updated: Jul-08-15 11:22 pm
BEIJING - China's consumer inflation edged up to a still-low 1.4 percent in June, leaving room for Beijing to cut interest rates or take other steps to stimulate slowing economic growth.
- Nebraska farm income expected to drop by nearly 45 percent Updated: Jul-08-15 2:27 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Economists are forecasting Nebraska's farm income to drop nearly 45 percent this year due to lower crop prices and reduced government payments.
- Growth in US services firms rises in June Updated: Jul-06-15 12:07 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. service firms grew at a slightly faster pace in June, as business activity and new orders increased.
- Spain raises 2015 economy growth forecast to 3.3 percent Updated: Jul-02-15 11:11 am
MADRID - Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has revised Spain's economic growth forecast upward for this year and next and said the improved circumstances allowed him bring forward a tax reduction plan.
- California slips back to No. 8 economy in world Updated: Jul-01-15 6:35 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Less than a month after edging out Brazil, California has slipped back to its ranking as the eighth-largest economy in the world based off an update of global economic data released Wednesday.
- June economic report echoes previous signs for Midwest Updated: Jul-01-15 11:28 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Data from a June survey echo previous signs that slower economic growth likely lays ahead for nine Midwestern and Plains states, according to a report released Wednesday.
- World Bank urges China to embrace basic financial reforms Updated: Jul-01-15 3:19 am
BEIJING - China needs fundamental reform of its state-dominated financial system to keep economic growth on track, the World Bank said Wednesday.