- Doubts about China's economic leadership sap confidence Updated: Aug-30-15 12:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The fear that gripped financial markets this month is a stark one: That China's economy might be slipping into a decline that could persist for years.
- The US economy's second quarter went from solid to stellar Updated: Aug-27-15 6:49 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy staged a far bigger rebound last quarter than first thought, outpacing the rest of the developed world and bolstering confidence that it will remain sturdy in coming months despite global headwinds.
- Budget report sees shrinking deficits, but only for now Updated: Aug-25-15 6:04 pm
WASHINGTON - An unforeseen flood of revenue is shrinking federal deficits to the lowest level of President Barack Obama's tenure, Congress' nonpartisan budget adviser said Tuesday. But in a report that will fuel both parties in their autumn clash over spending, the analysts also warned that perilously high shortfalls will roar back unless lawmakers act.
- Survey: Most economists say Fed will raise rates in 2015 Updated: Aug-24-15 2:49 pm
NEW YORK - The vast majority of business economists expect the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates before the end of the year, according to a survey released Monday.
- AP survey: Dimmer outlook for US economy, wages and hiring Updated: Aug-24-15 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - For much of the economy's fitful and sluggish six-year recovery from the Great Recession, analysts have foreseen a sunnier future: Growth would pick up in six months, or in a year.
- Sinking currencies point to jitters about emerging economies Updated: Aug-21-15 6:07 pm
WASHINGTON - The damage spans the globe.
- Mexico's Treasury lowers GDP growth forecast, to 2-2.8 pct Updated: Aug-20-15 6:37 pm
MEXICO CITY - The Mexican Treasury Department on Thursday lowered its economic growth forecast for 2015 to between 2 percent and 2.8 percent.
- 5 factors that could forestall a Fed rate hike in September Updated: Aug-20-15 12:07 am
WASHINGTON - Thanks to a strengthening U.S. economy, four weeks from now the Federal Reserve is widely expected to engineer its first interest rate hike in nearly a decade. Rates on loans throughout the economy could eventually rise as well.
- Commodities sag and so does Montana economic predictions Updated: Aug-17-15 6:22 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Economic forecasters have throttled back their predictions for growth in Montana because of the downturn in commodities in the past year.
- Organizers: World Championship crowds will ebb, flow soon Updated: Aug-15-15 11:11 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - People across the Richmond area are asking two questions as the countdown clock for the start of the UCI Road World Championships ticks down: How many people are coming? When will they get here?
- Florida economists project continued growth Updated: Aug-14-15 5:17 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Forecasts show that Florida's economy is continuing to grow.
- Q&A: What's behind the China's yuan devaluation Updated: Aug-12-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The slide continues.
- As Chinese yuan falls more, some see little cause for alarm Updated: Aug-12-15 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - A free-falling Chinese currency could make China's goods cheaper for foreigners, squeeze Western companies, discourage Chinese tourism, increase China's exports and complicate the Federal Reserve's decision on whether to raise American interest rates.
- Total reboot: How to fix Greece's economy Updated: Aug-04-15 11:37 am
ATHENS, Greece - After so much pain, Greece must now figure out how to get its economy back on its feet.