- IMF's Lagarde: World economy fragile, faces downside risks Updated: Jul-29-15 11:13 am
WASHINGTON - International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde says the world economy is recovering but fragile and "faces some downside risks."
- Survey: German consumers remain optimistic Updated: Jul-29-15 4:14 am
BERLIN - A closely-watched survey indicates German consumers remain optimistic but are showing signs of worry about the country's economic situation amid uncertainty about Greece's financial future.
- Health care spending to accelerate, US report says Updated: Jul-28-15 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The nation's respite from accelerating health care costs appears to be over.
- S&P revises Brazil's outlook to negative Updated: Jul-28-15 3:19 pm
SAO PAULO - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Tuesday it has revised the outlook for Brazil's foreign-currency debt from stable to negative.
- Solid growth predicted in Vermont's revenue forecast Updated: Jul-27-15 5:31 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Solid growth is predicted for state revenue for the rest of this fiscal year and next year, economists told the state's fiscal leaders on Monday.
- Fed: Confidential forecasts mistakenly made public Updated: Jul-24-15 7:48 pm
WASHINGTON - The Federal Reserve said Friday it mistakenly posted confidential economic projections on its public website last month.
- Pew: Chinese stay optimistic in an otherwise gloomy world Updated: Jul-23-15 10:34 am
WASHINGTON - Maybe someone should tell the Chinese their economy is slowing. They don't seem to buy it.
- World Meeting head says pope's economic impact growing Updated: Jul-23-15 7:56 am
FAIRLESS HILLS, Pennsylvania - The president of the World Meeting of Families says the estimate of the economic impact of Pope Francis' visit to Philadelphia in September continues to grow.
- Influx of same-sex marriages boon for wedding businesses Updated: Jul-20-15 1:23 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - Kansas businesses expect to cash in as the legalization of same-sex marriages leads to an influx of couples planning weddings.
- Nuclear deal has companies eyeing Iranian opportunities anew Updated: Jul-18-15 12:36 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The nuclear deal is done. Now it's time to talk business.
- AP-GfK poll finds returning economic gloom Updated: Jul-17-15 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Economic gloom may be on the rise again, with President Barack Obama's approval ratings stagnating, after buoyancy on both fronts earlier this year.
- Bank of Canada cuts key interest rate to 0.5 percent Updated: Jul-15-15 2:38 pm
TORONTO - Canada's central bank cut its key interest rate Wednesday as it slashed its economic outlook and predicted a pullback in the second quarter due to the impact of lower oil prices and weaker demand for exports.
- What relief? Greek economy on its knees despite bailout deal Updated: Jul-15-15 9:08 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece has a tentative rescue deal, but relief that it is not falling out of the euro is unlikely to last long: its economy has taken a huge hit.
- China's 2Q economic growth steady at 7 percent Updated: Jul-15-15 1:08 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth in the latest quarter held steady at 7 percent, its weakest performance since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggested efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- Chinese stocks vs. reality: Shares are untethered to economy Updated: Jul-09-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - There's economic reality. Then there's the Chinese stock market.
- IMF downgrades 2015 outlook for global growth to 3.3 percent Updated: Jul-09-15 12:18 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy's stumble at the start of 2015 is dragging down the world's growth to the lowest level since the Great Recession, the International Monetary Fund said Thursday.
- Nebraska farm income expected to drop by nearly 45 percent Updated: Jul-08-15 2:27 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Economists are forecasting Nebraska's farm income to drop nearly 45 percent this year due to lower crop prices and reduced government payments.
- US unemployment falls to 7-year low, but wages are flat Updated: Jul-02-15 2:43 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. unemployment fell to a seven-year low of 5.3 percent and employers hired at a solid pace in June, but other gauges of the job market drew a bleaker picture: A wave of people stopped looking for work, and paychecks failed to budge.
- Spain raises 2015 economy growth forecast to 3.3 percent Updated: Jul-02-15 11:11 am
MADRID - Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has revised Spain's economic growth forecast upward for this year and next and said the improved circumstances allowed him bring forward a tax reduction plan.
- Arizona copper mine stirs debate pitting profits vs religion Updated: Jul-02-15 5:50 am
SUPERIOR, Arizona - Outside of an aging mining town in the mountains east of Phoenix, a copper company has burrowed a shaft 1.3 miles into the high desert landscape in what is believed to be the deepest such mine in the U.S.