- Health insurance sign-ups near 46,000 in Louisiana Updated: Mar-11-14 6:56 pm
- In reversal, Maine GOP embraces part of health law Updated: Mar-11-14 6:40 pm
- NC health insurance sign-ups higher than predicted Updated: Mar-11-14 4:17 pm
- Maine gov introduces tax cut referendum proposal Updated: Mar-11-14 12:47 pm
- SKorea, Canada reach free trade agreement Updated: Mar-11-14 3:13 am
- China may ax interest rate controls within 2 years Updated: Mar-11-14 1:26 am
- Canada PM in South Korea for expected trade deal Updated: Mar-10-14 11:13 am
- Correction: Egypt-El-Sissi's Run story Updated: Mar-09-14 9:20 am
- Ex-trader convicted of defrauding bailout program Updated: Mar-07-14 5:41 pm
- Kenya president and cabinet take pay cuts Updated: Mar-07-14 1:58 pm
- Euro hits highest level against dollar since 2011 Updated: Mar-07-14 9:10 am
- Nixon reaches trade agreement in Ontario Updated: Mar-07-14 5:04 am
- Gay hiring fears hurt Baptist agency fundraising Updated: Mar-06-14 5:21 pm
- Legislative leaders: Budget shows government works Updated: Mar-06-14 4:59 pm
- Nominee to head CFTC promises tough enforcement Updated: Mar-06-14 4:52 pm
- European Central Bank holds rates amid recovery Updated: Mar-06-14 10:57 am
- Congress set to take 1st steps on Ukraine, Russia Updated: Mar-06-14 10:38 am
- EU ready to provide Ukraine aid worth $15 billion Updated: Mar-05-14 5:54 pm
- GOP pans Obama's $3.9T budget as campaign warm-up Updated: Mar-05-14 4:37 pm
- Nixon announces trade agreement with Quebec Updated: Mar-05-14 1:44 pm
- China vows tough reforms, stronger defense Updated: Mar-05-14 5:16 am
- 2 years later, Congress poised to undo flood law Updated: Mar-05-14 3:31 am
- In Kiev, Kerry visits protest sites, promises aid Updated: Mar-04-14 8:02 pm
- Health care agency passes $1 trillion milestone Updated: Mar-04-14 5:37 pm
- Agency-by-agency summary of Obama budget Updated: Mar-04-14 11:47 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Nearly 46,000 Louisiana residents signed up for private insurance coverage through the federally-run marketplace by last month's end, a steadily-growing enrollment rate that still falls short of an Obama administration target.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Republicans who are fiercely fighting an effort to expand government-subsidized health care coverage to roughly 70,000 residents have come up with an alternative: government-subsidized health care.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina health insurance consumers continued to enroll at a steady clip for private coverage sold on a federally run marketplace, a new report released Tuesday said.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage wants to ask voters whether the state should lower taxes and reduce government spending.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea and Canada reached a free trade agreement Tuesday that the two governments hope will boost exports and investment.
BEIJING - China is likely to ease controls on interest rates paid on bank savings within two years and will allow wider use of its tightly controlled currency for trade and investment, the central bank governor said Tuesday.
OTTAWA, Ontario - Canada's prime minister has traveled to South Korea, where he is widely expected to announce a free-trade deal.
CAIRO - In a story March 8 about Egypt's military chief Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi, The Associated Press reported erroneously how much Egypt spends annually on fuel subsidies. The country spends nearly $20 billion a year, not $2 billion.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A former Wall Street investment banker was found guilty Friday of defrauding investment funds established as part of the federal government's response to the 2008 financial crisis.
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya's president Friday announced that he and his entire cabinet will take pay cuts as part of austerity measures to reduce the country's rising wage bill.
LONDON - The euro has struck its highest level against the dollar for nearly two and a half years in the wake of the European Central Bank's decision not to cut interest rates further.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon says an agreement for future trade and economic development has been reached with the Canadian province of Ontario.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Uncertainty over a short-lived proposal to open employment to gays at Kentucky's largest private child care agency prompted many of its supportive churches to withhold giving last year, causing a multi-million dollar shortfall.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Before the current session started, Iowa's legislative leaders decided they'd work toward broad budget figures on which Republicans and Democrats could agree to prove divided government can work, they said Thursday.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's choice to head an agency overseeing potentially risky financial market activities is promising to act aggressively against misconduct to ensure investors' confidence.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The European Central Bank kept its key interest rate on hold Thursday and raised its economic growth forecasts as it acknowledged that the recovery is strengthening in the 18 countries that use the euro.
WASHINGTON - The House of Representatives was poised Thursday to pass the first aid bill for Ukraine's new, pro-Western government, while both chambers of Congress looked to advance legislation imposing hard-hitting sanctions on Russian President Vladimir Putin's government.
BRUSSELS - The European Union is ready to give Ukraine 11 billion euros ($15 billion) in loans and grants over the coming years to help stabilize its economy, the head of the bloc's executive arm said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - Republicans are dismissing President Barack Obama's new $3.9 trillion budget as nothing more than a Democratic manifesto for this fall's congressional campaigns, but the fiscal plan is taking hits from another quarter too - anti-deficit groups.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon announced a trade agreement Wednesday with the Canadian province of Quebec that he said is worth $3.2 billion.
BEIJING - China's government responded to public demands for bold leadership with vows Wednesday to press long-sought market reforms, defend against terrorism after a horrific slashing attack, and heavily boost military spending amid rising tensions with Japan.
WASHINGTON - Less than two years after Congress approved a landmark bill to overhaul the federal flood insurance program, lawmakers are poised to undo many of the changes after homeowners in flood-prone areas complained about sharp increases in premiums.
KIEV, Ukraine - In a somber show of U.S. support for Ukraine's new leadership, Secretary of State John Kerry walked the streets Tuesday where more than 80 anti-government protesters were killed last month, and promised beseeching crowds that American aid is on the way.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's budget pushes the Health and Human Services budget over $1 trillion for the first time, reflecting an aging population adding to the Medicare rolls, as well as expanded coverage for younger people through the new health law.
Agency: Health and Human Services