- US gas boom: A tool against Russian coercion Updated: Mar-12-14 10:53 am
- Europe makes a stink about American cheese names Updated: Mar-12-14 7:37 am
- Correction: Gulf-US Economy story Updated: Mar-11-14 6:52 am
- German trade surplus narrows in January Updated: Mar-11-14 6:44 am
- SKorea, Canada reach free trade agreement Updated: Mar-11-14 3:13 am
- Mass. Gov. to head trade mission to Mexico, Panama Updated: Mar-10-14 3:35 pm
- Canada PM in South Korea for expected trade deal Updated: Mar-10-14 11:13 am
- Japan has record deficit, lowers growth estimate Updated: Mar-09-14 9:50 pm
- Plans moving forward for new Detroit-Canada bridge Updated: Mar-09-14 12:16 pm
- 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis Updated: Mar-08-14 1:00 pm
- State trade mission to Central American set Updated: Mar-08-14 7:06 am
- China's February exports down 18 percent Updated: Mar-08-14 12:22 am
- Russia warns heavier sanctions could backfire Updated: Mar-07-14 8:15 pm
- Begich proposes gas project bill Updated: Mar-07-14 2:58 pm
- US trade deficit rose to $39.1 billion in January Updated: Mar-07-14 9:36 am
- Nixon reaches trade agreement in Ontario Updated: Mar-07-14 5:04 am
- 4 arrested in Frederick, Md., protest of Dominion Updated: Mar-06-14 5:14 pm
- Va. ag, forestry exports hit record $2.85b in 2013 Updated: Mar-06-14 12:37 pm
- Small herds, record exports cause high beef prices Updated: Mar-06-14 11:53 am
- Rangers, Lightning swap captains on deadline day Updated: Mar-05-14 11:21 pm
- LA mayor in Mexico: Obama should cut deportations Updated: Mar-05-14 8:31 pm
- Shark lovers try to save Jaws from Trinidad's bite Updated: Mar-05-14 7:05 pm
- Nixon announces trade agreement with Quebec Updated: Mar-05-14 1:44 pm
- Dominion Resources wins natural gas court victory Updated: Mar-04-14 10:05 am
- Sanctions threat grows as Ukraine tensions rise Updated: Mar-03-14 11:46 am
WASHINGTON - The United States, with its abundant supplies of natural gas, would seem to have an easy answer to Europe's fears that a strong response to Russia's rapid takeover of Ukraine's Crimea region could prompt Vladimir Putin to shut down gas lines that keep European homes warm, factories humming and electricity flowing.
WASHINGTON - Errico Auricchio produced cheese with his family in Italy until he brought his trade to the United States more than 30 years ago. Now, the European Union is saying his cheese isn't authentic enough to carry a European name.
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - In a story March 9 about the U.S. secretary of commerce's trade mission to the Middle East, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Penny Pritzker is on her first trip outside of North America since being named commerce secretary. It is her first trade mission outside of North America since being named to the post.
BERLIN - Germany's trade surplus narrowed in January, as an increase in exports from Europe's largest economy was more than offset by a rise in imports.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea and Canada reached a free trade agreement Tuesday that the two governments hope will boost exports and investment.
BOSTON - Gov. Deval Patrick is heading off on another trade mission, this time to Panama and Mexico.
OTTAWA, Ontario - Canada's prime minister has traveled to South Korea, where he is widely expected to announce a free-trade deal.
TOKYO - Japan racked up a record current account deficit in January, and lowered its growth estimate for the October-December quarter Monday in the latest sign of hardships for the world's third-largest economy.
DETROIT - The omission in the federal budget for funding specifically for a border inspection plaza in Michigan is not expected to delay efforts to build a commuter bridge connecting Detroit with Canada, state officials say.
WASHINGTON - Four Central European nations are urging the United States to boost natural gas exports to Europe as a hedge against the possibility that Russia could cut off its supply of gas to Ukraine.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Development Authority will lead a delegation of Mississippi companies on a business development mission to Central America from June 9-13.
BEIJING - China's exports plunged by an unexpectedly large 18 percent in February, possibly denting hopes trade will help drive the slowing economy while communist leaders push ambitious promised reforms.
WASHINGTON - Underlying the talk about taking harsh punitive measures against Russia for its military incursion into Ukraine are economic complications and worries that sanctions levied against Moscow could, in the words of the Kremlin, "boomerang" back on the U.S. and Europe.
JUNEAU, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Mark Begich has proposed a bill that would have a federal official help Alaska with a major project to export liquefied natural gas overseas.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. trade deficit widened slightly in January as a rise in imports of oil and other foreign goods offset a solid increase in exports.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon says an agreement for future trade and economic development has been reached with the Canadian province of Ontario.
FREDERICK, Maryland - Four people face criminal charges for blocking a Frederick courthouse entrance to protest Dominion Resources' plan to export natural gas
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia farm and forestry exports reached a record $2.85 billion last year, with soybeans leading the way and China the prime destination.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - The average price for a pound of fresh beef is the highest in at least 27 years, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
MEXICO CITY - U.S. President Barack Obama should cut deportations of migrants and focus resources on the 2 million people in the U.S. who are eligible to become citizens, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Wednesday during a visit to Mexico's capital.
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Conservationists said Wednesday they have launched a shark-saving campaign in the Caribbean country of Trinidad & Tobago, trying to stop locals and tourists from eating a popular delicacy: deep-fried shark sandwiches.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon announced a trade agreement Wednesday with the Canadian province of Quebec that he said is worth $3.2 billion.
LUSBY, Maryland - A Maryland court says Dominion Resources can export natural gas from a terminal at Cove Point in Calvert County, a move the Sierra Club was trying to block.
LONDON - Fears of a tit-for-tat campaign of economic sanctions between Russia and Western powers over Ukraine ratcheted up Monday, with concerns largely centering on Russia's supplies of natural gas to Europe.