- Why a shrinking US economy last quarter isn't cause for fear Updated: May-28-15 12:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Another first quarter of the year. Another reversal for the U.S. economy. Another expectation of a rebound to come.
- EU extends Syria sanctions by 1 year over rights abuses Updated: May-28-15 9:10 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is extending sanctions against Syrian President Bashar Assad and his closest allies for another year, citing continued repression and human rights abuses.
- State trade mission to Central Europe Updated: May-28-15 4:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Development Authority will lead a delegation of Mississippi companies on a business development trip to Central Europe on Aug. 31 through Sept. 4.
- US senator in Cuba says normal relations 'weeks away' Updated: May-27-15 8:10 pm
HAVANA - The historic process of restoring long-severed diplomatic relationship between the U.S. and Cuba that began Dec. 17 will likely come to a successful end in a matter of weeks, a U.S. senator said during a visit to the island Wednesday.
- Sanders wants Clinton to take stand on trade deal Updated: May-27-15 5:03 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Sen. Bernie Sanders is questioning why Democratic presidential rival Hillary Rodman Clinton won't take a stand on the emerging trade deal with Pacific nations, which he calls "enormously important issue" she's been dodging.
- Conservative group running pro-Grayson, anti-Murphy ad Updated: May-27-15 3:08 am
- Beshear leading trade mission to Canada Updated: May-26-15 4:05 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Gov. Steve Beshear is leading a trade mission to Canada, which is Kentucky's largest trade partner.
- Indiana AG Zoeller to advise on federal trade policy Updated: May-26-15 3:40 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller (ZEHL'-ur) has been appointed to represent state attorneys general on a board that helps shape U.S. trade policy.
- China cuts import tax on clothes, other goods Updated: May-25-15 10:49 am
BEIJING - China announced Monday it will cut import taxes on clothing, cosmetics and some other goods by half in a new tactic to spur consumer spending and economic growth.
- Japan trade gap returns to deficit in April, more red ahead Updated: May-25-15 3:07 am
TOKYO - Japan posted a trade deficit in April following a single-month's surplus in March, and economists said shortfalls were likely to persist given the weakness of the yen.
- California city imports recycled water for trees Updated: May-24-15 3:14 pm
LA CANADA-FLINTRIDGE, California - A Southern California city plans to import recycled water by the truckload to keep the trees and plants in its street medians green.
- APEC trade chiefs vow to speed up work in WTO Updated: May-24-15 10:23 am
MANILA, Philippines - Trade ministers from 21 Asia-Pacific countries on Sunday issued strong support to the World Trade Organization's efforts to boost global trade amid a flurry of regional free trade agreements.
- Senate clears White House-backed trade bill Updated: May-23-15 4:33 am
WASHINGTON - In a victory for President Barack Obama, the Senate passed bipartisan legislation Friday night to strengthen the administration's hand in global trade talks, clearing the way for a highly unpredictable summer showdown in the House.
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Senate approves Obama's hard-fought trade negotiating bill Updated: May-22-15 9:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-led Senate has handed President Barack Obama a major victory by approving his request for enhanced trade negotiating authority.
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting Utah congressmen Updated: May-22-15 4:54 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A conservative group has yanked television ads set to air Friday targeting U.S. Reps. Rob Bishop and Chris Stewart after the two Utah congressmen announced they share the group's view that a federal export bank should be shut down.
- Clinton appears to rule out return of ground forces in Iraq Updated: May-22-15 3:45 pm
HAMPTON, New Hampshire - Democratic presidential contender Hillary Rodham Clinton said Friday she sees "no role whatsoever" for U.S. ground forces in Iraq despite setbacks in the struggle against Islamic State militants.
- China premier arrives in Colombia as part of investment tour Updated: May-21-15 9:34 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Chinese Premier Li Keqiang vowed to deepen economic ties with Colombia during a visit to the Andean nation Thursday as part of his four-nation South American tour aimed at boosting trade and investment.
- Maryland governor leaves on trade trip to Asia next week Updated: May-21-15 6:56 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Gov. Larry Hogan is leaving on a trade trip to Asia.
- Commerce RI, state agencies to host trip to Asia Updated: May-21-15 3:02 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State agency officials are heading east to help Rhode Island companies better understand Asia's business markets.
- Obama sees trade vote as "big step forward" Updated: May-21-15 2:42 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says his trade agenda took "a big step forward" Thursday when it cleared a key Senate hurdle.
- Economy remains weak in rural parts of 10 states Updated: May-21-15 11:53 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A new survey suggests the economy will remain weak in rural parts of 10 Western and Plains states because the strong U.S. dollar is hurting exports and the bird flu is hitting poultry farms hard.
- Kyrgyzstan ratifies joining Russia-led trade bloc Updated: May-21-15 7:04 am
BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - The Central Asian country of Kyrgyzstan has ratified a measure to join the Eurasian Economic Union, a Russia-led trade bloc.
- Belarus delegation makes 2nd trip to North Dakota in 1 year Updated: May-21-15 6:13 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A group of government and business leaders from Belarus is touring North Dakota this week to talk about trade.
- Kentucky exports show strong 1st-quarter gain Updated: May-21-15 4:08 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State economic development officials say Kentucky's exports were 11 percent higher through the first quarter of 2015 compared to a year ago.