- Filipino national admits to smuggling $200K in firearms Updated: Oct-07-15 3:53 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A Filipino national has admitted to running an operation that smuggled more than $200,000 worth of firearm parts out of the United States.
- Supporters of embattled Ex-Im Bank move to bypass GOP foes Updated: Oct-07-15 1:48 pm
WASHINGTON - The federal Export-Import Bank is showing some signs of life.
- Obama cites labor's role in US economy amid trade rift Updated: Oct-07-15 1:28 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama says labor laws should be strengthened and it should be easier for workers to join unions.
- As Clinton campaigns, complications with her old boss arise Updated: Oct-07-15 10:12 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama seemed to call Hillary Rodham Clinton's idea of a no-fly zone in Syria "half-baked."
- Vietnam seems big winner in US-anchored Pacific trade deal Updated: Oct-07-15 7:56 am
HONG KONG - An ambitious Pacific Rim trade deal anchored by the U.S. promises to boost the economies of its 12 participating countries by opening their markets to one another, but not all the gains will be spread evenly.
- Biden backing Asia trade pact despite union opposition Updated: Oct-07-15 4:24 am
WASHINGTON - Labor groups have a warning for Vice President Joe Biden as he lobbies for a major trade pact with Asia: We won't forget this if you run for president.
- Obama begins selling trade agreement to Congress, public Updated: Oct-06-15 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Negotiations over the complex trade deal took more than five years. On Tuesday, President Barack Obama began what may be a similarly difficult task - selling the Trans-Pacific Partnership to Congress and the American public.
- US trade deficit widens to $48.3 billion in August Updated: Oct-06-15 10:22 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. trade deficit jumped sharply in August as exports fell to the lowest level in nearly three years while imports increased, led by a surge in shipments of cellphones from China.
- Company announces plans for major LNG facility in Cameron Updated: Oct-05-15 4:09 pm
CAMERON, Louisiana - A Louisiana-based company says it plans to build a massive facility along the Calcasieu River ship channel to export liquefied natural gas.
- Obama welcomes agreement on Trans Pacific trade deal Updated: Oct-05-15 9:40 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is heralding an agreement on an ambitious Pacific Rim trade pact that he says "reflects America's values" and gives U.S. workers a fair shot at success.
- Connecticut lieutenant governor, lawmakers travel to Taiwan Updated: Oct-03-15 12:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman is leading a weeklong business and trade mission to Taiwan.
- Connecticut tobacco farmers look to new markets in Cuba Updated: Oct-02-15 4:58 pm
SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut - As public health initiatives cut into sales of cigars and cigarettes, Connecticut tobacco farmers are looking for new markets in Cuba.
- An ailing global economy starts to weigh on US job market Updated: Oct-02-15 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A sagging global economy has finally caught up with the United States.
- German car exports up 7 pct in September over year earlier Updated: Oct-02-15 8:41 am
BERLIN - A German industry group says that German car exports were up 7 percent in September compared with a year earlier, while new registrations of cars at home climbed 5 percent.
- Ethiopia plans to export natural gas in 3 to 5 years Updated: Oct-02-15 8:00 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - A government official in Ethiopia says his country will begin exporting natural gas in three to five years following the discovery of huge reserves in the country's Somali region.
- China sends Europe coveted new exports: Jobs, investment Updated: Oct-01-15 4:14 am
LISBON, Portugal - When two Chinese companies appeared among the bidders to buy a troubled Portuguese bank this year, its staff took heart.
- Shell Nigeria stops Forcados pipeline exports after leak Updated: Sep-30-15 3:41 pm
WARRI, Nigeria - Shell Nigeria says yet another leak on the Trans Forcados Pipeline is forcing it to stop exports from the terminal that carries one fifth of Nigeria's exports.
- WTO cuts forecast for trade growth in 2015 Updated: Sep-30-15 3:40 am
GENEVA - Slumping imports in China, currency market swings and falling commodities prices have led the World Trade Organization to cut its forecast for global trade in 2015 by half a percentage point.
- Arkansas governor says state well-positioned for Cuba trade Updated: Sep-29-15 3:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas is well-positioned to be a top trading partner with Cuba as the United States' embargo eases, Gov. Asa Hutchinson said as he visited the country Tuesday, but cautioned that taking advantage of that opportunity will take patience.
- GE plans to stop making engines in Waukesha, cut 350 jobs Updated: Sep-28-15 3:24 pm
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - GE Power & Water plans to stop manufacturing gas engines in Waukesha and move the work to Canada, meaning the loss of 350 jobs in Waukesha.
- Heitkamp meets with Cuban leader about agricultural exports Updated: Sep-28-15 12:25 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp says she's hoping that a face-to-face meeting with Cuban President Raul Castro will open the door to more U.S. agricultural exports.
- Trump: NAFTA trade deal a 'disaster,' says he'd 'break' it Updated: Sep-25-15 8:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump says he wants to be able to slap tariffs on U.S. companies that choose to make their products overseas, and he's willing to violate existing trade deals to do it.
- The Latest: Hollywood and big business meet at China dinner Updated: Sep-25-15 6:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments from the state visit that President Barack Obama is hosting for Chinese President Xi Jinping. All times local:
- US Chamber starts group to boost Cuba business opportunities Updated: Sep-25-15 5:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Amid a surge in interest in U.S. investment opportunities in Cuba, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced Friday it is launching a council aimed at removing trade barriers and improving business ties between both countries.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Sep-25-15 12:49 pm
All times are Eastern