- Northeast Mississippi has lowest unemployment rate in years Updated: Nov-30-15 3:01 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Northeast Mississippi has posted the lowest monthly jobless rate in 10 years.
- Clinton vows hundreds of billions for infrastructure, jobs Updated: Nov-29-15 8:48 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Hillary Rodham Clinton unveiled the first piece of a new jobs agenda on Sunday, promising hundreds of billions of dollars in fresh federal spending in an effort to compete with the liberal economic policies of her primary challengers.
- Economic downturn hits Wyoming counties Updated: Nov-29-15 2:40 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Many county commissions throughout the state have frozen hiring, banned travel, scaled back construction projects and are considering dipping into savings in the face of lower revenues.
- Advocates making new push for Indiana work-share program Updated: Nov-28-15 10:48 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Advocates for starting a statewide program allowing workers to receive partial unemployment benefits say they will make a new push for legislative approval of the work-share proposal.
- Montana's unemployment insurance rate going down Updated: Nov-26-15 9:56 am
HELENA, Montana - The state's improving economy and low unemployment rate mean most businesses will see a reduction in their unemployment insurance rates next year.
- Signs of steady US economy: Rising pay and solid job market Updated: Nov-25-15 3:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans' pay is up, fewer people need unemployment aid, more are buying new homes and business spending is rebounding.
- Illinois makes tax break deals with 3 companies Updated: Nov-25-15 3:03 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Commerce has agreed to tax breaks for three small companies that plan to add a total of 87 new jobs, the first deals since Gov. Bruce Rauner's recent decision to reinstate corporate tax incentives.
- Most Illinois metro jobless rates fall but many lose jobs Updated: Nov-25-15 1:41 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois Department of Employment Security says unemployment rates dropped in most of the state's metro areas in October.
- More optimism among middle class buoys US consumer sentiment Updated: Nov-25-15 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - Americans were more optimistic about their incomes and personal finances this month, particularly among lower and middle-class households, lifting consumers' outlook.
- Consumer spending up a weak 0.1 percent in October Updated: Nov-25-15 9:38 am
WASHINGTON - Consumer spending posted a modest increase for a second straight month in October, while personal income rebounded after a sluggish September.
- Michigan, Fiat Chrysler reach deal on tax credits Updated: Nov-24-15 9:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Fiat Chrysler will have to spend an additional $1 billion on Michigan facilities over 15 years to qualify for $1.9 billion in business tax credits under an agreement approved Tuesday by the state's economic development board.
- Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected Updated: Nov-24-15 2:20 pm
COFFEYVILLE, Kansas - Football fans still pack Veterans Memorial Stadium here on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons in the fall. The Verdigris River still flows sluggishly by.
- US consumer confidence falls hard in November Updated: Nov-24-15 10:55 am
WASHINGTON - Confidence in the economy eroded this month as Americans became more worried about the job market.
- Florida Gov. Scott's budget: Tax cuts, more for schools Updated: Nov-23-15 8:22 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott, surrounded by rows of machines and dozens of manufacturing employees, on Monday announced a nearly $79.3 billion spending plan for the coming year that is heavy on tax cuts and help for businesses.
- Wisconsin's embattled jobs agency hires 6th CFO in 4 years Updated: Nov-23-15 4:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's embattled economic development agency has hired its sixth chief financial officer in just over four years.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Nov-23-15 1:59 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Nov. 19
- SE Asia creates Economic Community, but challenges remain Updated: Nov-21-15 11:39 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Thirteen years after the idea was mooted, Southeast Asian leaders on Sunday formally created a unified economic community in a region more populous and diverse than the European Union or North America, and with hopes of competing with China and India.
- Louisiana payroll numbers shrink, flashing recession warning Updated: Nov-21-15 9:19 pm
Louisiana's labor market slipped in October, as the unemployment rate rose and payroll employment fell.
- Mississippi unemployment falls below 6 percent in October Updated: Nov-21-15 7:56 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's unemployment rate fell below 6 percent in October for the first time since late 2007, as more people reported finding jobs.
- Idaho unemployment rate drops to 4 percent for October Updated: Nov-20-15 3:03 pm
BOISE, Idaho - State officials say Idaho's unemployment rate dropped two-tenths of a percent to 4 percent in October as construction jobs increased during a month when they normally decline.
- Alabama unemployment rate dips to 5.9 percent Updated: Nov-20-15 2:33 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's unemployment rate dropped slightly last month as state employment expanded to the highest level since the beginning of the recession almost seven years ago, officials said Friday.
- Texas unemployment rate up in October to 4.4 percent Updated: Nov-20-15 12:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas unemployment rate for October rose to 4.4 percent, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
- Initial unemployment claims in Louisiana rise Updated: Nov-20-15 12:35 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Nov. 14 increased from the previous week's total.
- Alaska's unemployment rate remains steady Updated: Nov-20-15 12:11 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The unemployment rate in Alaska is holding steady.
- Nebraska jobless rate holds steady at 2.9 percent in October Updated: Nov-20-15 12:03 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's unemployment rate remained at 2.9 percent in October and was the second-lowest state rate in the nation, according to a report issued Friday.