- Obama signs trade, worker assistance bills into law Updated: Jun-29-15 5:20 pm
WASHINGTON - In a rare bipartisan scene at the White House, President Barack Obama on Monday signed into law two hard-fought bills giving him greater authority to negotiate international trade deals and providing aid to workers whose jobs are displaced by such pacts.
- Incomes rise for bottom 99 pct.; US inequality still worsens Updated: Jun-29-15 3:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Solid job growth is finally boosting paychecks for the rest of us.
- New Mexico business boss 'optimistic' about boost in funding Updated: Jun-26-15 5:09 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Republican Gov. Susana Martinez and the Legislature decided this year to pour tens of millions of dollars more into wooing businesses and spurring job creation, an infusion that New Mexico's top economic development official said Friday will help make the state even more competitive.
- Jobs, economy and the budget drive RI legislative session Updated: Jun-26-15 4:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's legislative session began in January with a new governor and General Assembly leaders who were focused on creating jobs and reviving the economy.
- Survey: Consumer sentiment up to highest level since January Updated: Jun-26-15 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Consumer sentiment rose this month to the highest level since January, suggesting that spending will strengthen this year.
- Man sentenced for role in stealing $1.5M in jobless benefits Updated: Jun-26-15 1:17 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A Newark man was sentenced Friday to 18 years in prison for his role in an unemployment fraud scheme that authorities said was one of the largest in state history.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Jun-26-15 6:29 am
All times are Eastern
- Japan inflation ebbs in May, jobless rate flat Updated: Jun-26-15 5:29 am
TOKYO - The state of Japan's economic recovery remains murky, with inflation still nearly flat in May despite unprecedented monetary stimulus, though joblessness was flat at 3.3 percent and household spending rose for the first time in over a year.
- May unemployment falls in every Illinois metro area Updated: Jun-25-15 3:11 pm
CHICAGO - The Illinois Department of Employment Security says unemployment rates dropped again during May in all 15 Illinois metro areas. Three of those areas have returned to pre-recession employment levels.
- Brazil's unemployment rates rises Updated: Jun-25-15 1:22 pm
SAO PAULO - Brazil's government says unemployment continues rising in Latin America's largest country.
- US consumers ramp up May spending; largest gain since 2009 Updated: Jun-25-15 10:01 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumer spending surged in May with the biggest monthly increase in nearly six years - a sign of stronger economic growth ahead.
- Metro Atlanta's jobless rate increases to 5.9 percent Updated: Jun-25-15 7:46 am
ATLANTA - State officials say metro Atlanta's jobless rate has increased to 5.9 percent.
- US economy not as bad in 1st quarter, paving way for rebound Updated: Jun-24-15 11:25 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy contracted in the first three months of the year, just not as much as previously estimated. More recent data show that the weakness was largely temporary, with a rebound in the works for the April-June quarter.
- Oklahoma's personal income dips in 1st quarter of 2015 Updated: Jun-24-15 11:19 am
ENID, Oklahoma - A federal report shows a dip in Oklahoma's personal income in the first quarter of 2015.
- Clark County unemployment on the decline Updated: Jun-24-15 10:38 am
LAS VEGAS - The unemployment rate in Clark County fell to 6.6 percent in May, hitting its lowest level since May 2008.
- Biz-friendly France? Economy chief in US to seek investment Updated: Jun-24-15 7:25 am
PARIS - France's economy minister is heading to the U.S. on Wednesday to urge more American companies to invest in the country, as he tries to reform the rules and image of a nation with a reputation for strikes and high labor costs.
- Fed cites mixed bag of news for St. Louis regional economy Updated: Jun-24-15 5:13 am
ST. LOUIS - The latest quarterly report from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis suggests that wages are stagnant in the region, despite a moderate unemployment rate and companies eager to hire.
- Official: Kansas, Missouri close to ending economic war Updated: Jun-23-15 3:24 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Missouri and Kansas officials are close to an agreement that would end a long-running "border war" that saw both states using economic incentives to persuade businesses to move, a Kansas Cabinet secretary said.
- Conway offers plan to boost job, industry growth in Kentucky Updated: Jun-23-15 1:22 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Wages tend to be deflated in states with right-to-work laws, Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jack Conway said Tuesday, as he released his jobs plan to promote Kentucky's homegrown industries and expand broadband access to areas lacking high-speed Internet service.
- Recent Kansas Editorials Updated: Jun-23-15 12:09 pm
Hutchinson News, June 18
- Malloy sees stronger economy with rise in personal income Updated: Jun-23-15 11:56 am
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is defending Connecticut's economy, which statistics show is improving but only gradually.
- Alaska Editorials Updated: Jun-22-15 9:37 pm
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
- Here's why home sales are finally surging Updated: Jun-22-15 5:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Real estate has gotten hot again.
- Louisiana trails national growth rate in personal income Updated: Jun-22-15 12:25 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Personal income in Louisiana grew at a 0.8 percent annual rate in 2015's first quarter.
- Mississippi personal income grows at national average rate Updated: Jun-22-15 12:08 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Personal income in Mississippi grew at a 0.9 percent annual rate in 2015's first quarter.