- Troubled website prompts Fla. to withhold payment Updated: Dec-20-13 7:23 pm
- Miss. jobs picture improves slightly in November Updated: Dec-20-13 5:44 pm
- La. jobless rate drops for third month in a row Updated: Dec-20-13 4:59 pm
- Stocks rise on strong US economic growth Updated: Dec-20-13 4:43 pm
- Stocks rise after strong US economic growth Updated: Dec-20-13 4:22 pm
- Va.'s jobless rate falls slightly in November Updated: Dec-20-13 3:27 pm
- Nevada jobless rate falls to 9 percent in November Updated: Dec-20-13 2:53 pm
- California jobless rate continues positive trend Updated: Dec-20-13 2:43 pm
- Nebraska jobless rate drops slightly in November Updated: Dec-20-13 2:21 pm
- ND's unemployment rate follows trend, up in Nov. Updated: Dec-20-13 2:11 pm
- NC unemployment rate falls sharply in November Updated: Dec-20-13 1:30 pm
- Idaho unemployment rate falls to 6.1 percent Updated: Dec-20-13 1:24 pm
- Vt. unemployment rate drops to 4.4 percent Updated: Dec-20-13 1:02 pm
- Indiana jobless rate continues downward trend Updated: Dec-20-13 12:40 pm
- Fla. unemployment rate drops to 6.4 percent Updated: Dec-20-13 12:30 pm
- US growth upgrade gives stocks another lift Updated: Dec-20-13 12:20 pm
- Stocks rise after strong US growth Updated: Dec-20-13 11:58 am
- Pa. jobless rate drops as labor force shrinks Updated: Dec-20-13 11:36 am
- Maine unemployment rate drops to 6.4 percent Updated: Dec-20-13 11:12 am
- Stocks rise after strong US growth Updated: Dec-20-13 9:55 am
- Ohio unemployment down slightly in November Updated: Dec-20-13 9:22 am
- Hawaii unemployment insurance taxes to drop Updated: Dec-20-13 8:05 am
- US group praises Garrett County economy efforts Updated: Dec-20-13 4:58 am
- Germany: will borrow less than planned in 2013 Updated: Dec-20-13 4:15 am
- Tenn. November unemployment rate is 8.1 percent Updated: Dec-20-13 3:41 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - After weeks of downplaying problems with the state's new unemployment claims website, Florida officials announced that they are withholding a $3 million payment to the company that built it.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's unemployment rate ticked down to 8.3 percent in November, as the state's economy continued to progress slowly.
Louisiana's unemployment rate fell for the third straight month in November, hitting 6.3 percent as the state's job market continued its recovery from a slowdown in 2013's first half.
NEW YORK - An unexpectedly strong report on U.S. economic growth pushed stocks higher Friday, capping off Wall Street's best week in three months.
NEW YORK - Stocks are closing higher on Wall Street after the U.S. raised its estimate for economic growth in the third quarter.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Employment Commission says the state's jobless rate fell slightly to 5.4 percent in November.
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada's unemployment rate dropped to 9 percent in November, reaching its lowest level in five years as employers added 9,500 jobs, state officials reported Friday.
SACRAMENTO, California - California's jobless rate dropped to 8.5 percent in November, the state Employment Development Department said Friday, continuing a positive trend after increasing temporarily over the summer.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's preliminary unemployment rate was 3.7 percent in November, down slightly from 3.9 percent in October and the November 2012 rate of 3.8 percent, according to a state Department of Labor report released Friday.
BISMARC, North Dakota - Job Service North Dakota says the state's unemployment rate is up slightly.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina's unemployment rate declined sharply in November to its lowest level in more than five years, the state Commerce Department said Friday, but seemingly inconsistent data raise questions about how many new jobs are actually being created.
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell by a record sixth-tenths of a percentage point to 6.1 percent in November.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Labor says the state's unemployment rate dropped one-tenth of one percent last month to 4.4 percent, the fifth lowest rate in the country.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's unemployment rate has continued its downward trend, falling slightly to 7.3 percent for November.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's unemployment dropped again last month giving Gov. Rick Scott more good news to use as he cranks up his re-election campaign.
PARIS - News that the U.S. economy grew by more than previously thought in the third quarter shored up global markets Friday and sent the main U.S. indexes up to record highs.
NEW YORK - Stocks are rising on Wall Street, pushing the market further into record territory, after the U.S. raised its estimate for third-quarter economic growth.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's jobless rate dropped last month, primarily because some people stopped looking for work, while service-sector employers hired more.
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's unemployment rate for November was 6.4 percent, down nearly 1 percent since last year.
NEW YORK - The stock market is pushing deeper into record territory after the U.S. reported solid growth in the third quarter.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's unemployment rate dropped in November to 7.4 percent, down slightly from October but still well above the rate a year ago.
HONOLULU - Hawaii employers won't have to pay as much in unemployment insurance taxes next year.
OAKLAND, Maryland - The National Association of Counties is citing Garrett County a model of economic recovery.
BERLIN - The German government said Friday it will borrow less money than planned this year as low unemployment fuels a steady increase in tax income, while a closely-watched survey showed German consumers believe the economic recovery is gaining momentum.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's unemployment rate for November was 8.1 percent, four-tenths of one percentage point lower than the previous month.