- Asian stocks mostly higher after mixed US earnings Updated: Apr-17-14 11:40 pm
- Kansas officials boost revenue estimates by $178M Updated: Apr-17-14 9:22 pm
- Shares of Travelocity owner Sabre rise after IPO Updated: Apr-17-14 6:00 pm
- US stock market ends higher as earnings pour in Updated: Apr-17-14 5:58 pm
- Hawaii's unemployment rate drops to 4.5 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 5:32 pm
- Weibo shares jump in market debut Updated: Apr-17-14 4:46 pm
- NY jobless rate up slightly in March to 6.9 pct. Updated: Apr-17-14 4:26 pm
- Rhode Island's jobless rate falls to 8.7 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 4:22 pm
- US stock market mostly higher as earnings pour in Updated: Apr-17-14 4:13 pm
- Illinois unemployment drops to 5-year-low Updated: Apr-17-14 3:48 pm
- Ariz. jobless rate remains at 7.3 percent in March Updated: Apr-17-14 2:17 pm
- Connecticut jobs increase as winter's freeze ends Updated: Apr-17-14 1:58 pm
- NJ unemployment rate inches up to 7.2 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 11:57 am
- UnitedHealth's 1Q profit tumbles 8 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- Report: State gains more than 8K jobs in March Updated: Apr-17-14 10:44 am
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 5:35 am
- Fed survey: Growth picks up across most of US Updated: Apr-16-14 3:31 pm
- Unemployment rate steady; state adds 6,700 jobs Updated: Apr-16-14 2:14 pm
- Yellen: Fed stimulus still needed for job market Updated: Apr-16-14 2:10 pm
- UK unemployment keeps falling amid recovery Updated: Apr-16-14 6:25 am
- Finmeccanica shares down on CEO change Updated: Apr-15-14 11:20 am
- Zebra to spend $3.45B on Motorola business Updated: Apr-15-14 10:11 am
- Stocks head higher in early trade; J&J gains Updated: Apr-15-14 9:49 am
- Is hot market for IPOs cooling? Updated: Apr-14-14 7:28 pm
- Oregon employers report big boost in vacancies Updated: Apr-14-14 6:16 pm
BEIJING - Asian stocks were mostly higher Friday despite mixed U.S. earnings reports with many of the region's exchanges closed for Good Friday.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas officials projected Thursday that the state will collect nearly $178 million more in revenues than previously thought through June 2015, brightening its short-term budget picture.
DALLAS - Shares of Sabre Corp. ended higher Thursday, but the provider of technology services to the travel industry raised less money than it had projected in its initial public offering.
Corporate earnings pushed U.S. stocks mostly higher on Thursday, but it wasn't an easy ride up.
HONOLULU - Hawaii's unemployment rate dropped to a seasonally adjusted 4.5 percent last month, down 0.1 percentage points from February.
Chinese social media company Weibo Corp.'s shares soared in their U.S. market debut Thursday.
ALBANY, New York - The state labor department says the unemployment rate was up slightly to 6.9 percent in March from 6.8 percent in February.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's unemployment rate edged down in March to 8.7 percent, the lowest since September 2008, but the number of jobs also declined, state officials reported Thursday.
Stocks are mostly higher on Wall Street as upbeat earnings news from several big U.S. companies encouraged investors.
CHICAGO - Unemployment in Illinois dropped in March to 8.4 percent, the lowest level since 2009, the state Department of Employment Security said Thursday.
PHOENIX - State economists report that Arizona's unemployment rate was flat in March, remaining at 7.3 percent as the economy added 15,600 nonfarm jobs.
WETHERSFIELD, Connecticut - Connecticut added 4,900 jobs in March, helping to restore jobs lost in January because of extreme weather, state labor officials said Thursday.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Preliminary data show New Jersey's unemployment rate inched up to 7.2 in March from 7.1 the previous month as the state lost 1,300 jobs.
UnitedHealth Group's first-quarter net income slid 8 percent as funding cuts to a key product and costs imposed by the health care overhaul dented the health insurer's performance.
BOSTON - Preliminary estimates show Massachusetts gained more than 8,000 jobs in March while the state's unemployment rate dropped to 6.3 percent from 6.5 percent the previous month, the state office of Labor and Workforce Development said Thursday.
ATLANTA - State labor officials say Georgia's unemployment rate has dropped to 7 percent, the lowest rate since September 2008.
WASHINGTON - A Federal Reserve survey shows economic growth picking up across most of the United States over the past two months as bitter winter weather subsided.
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state added an estimated 6,700 jobs in March and the unemployment rate is holding steady at 6.3 percent, according to a report released Wednesday by the state Employment Security Department.
NEW YORK - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen said Wednesday that the U.S. job market still needs help from the Fed and that the central bank must remain intent on adjusting its policy to respond to unforeseen challenges.
LONDON - Britain's unemployment rate has fallen below 7 percent for the first time in five years, with earnings growth narrowly outstripping inflation for the first time since 2010.
MILAN - Investors signaled concern Tuesday at a change of leadership at the scandal-plagued Finmeccanica defense contractor as part of sweeping management changes announced by Italian Premier Matteo Renzi at four strategic state-backed firms.
LINCOLNSHIRE, Illinois - Zebra Technologies will spend more than $3 billion to buy the enterprise business of Motorola Solutions in a considerable expansion that is both technological and geographical.
NEW YORK - Stocks are opening higher on Wall Street as big-name U.S. companies turn in their latest financial results.
NEW YORK - A hot market for initial public offerings may soon face a cooler reception from investors.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon employers are reporting 10,000 more job vacancies than they had a year ago and more trouble finding the right candidates, leading to higher wages, according to a report released Monday by the Oregon Employment Department.