- Survey shows China manufacturing down for 3rd month in a row Updated: May-21-15 5:31 am
HONG KONG - Manufacturing in China shrank for the third straight month in May as demand remained soft, raising the chances of more stimulus to prop up growth in the world's No. 2 economy.
- US industrial output falls for 5th month on lower drilling Updated: May-15-15 10:32 am
WASHINGTON - A plunge in energy-related drilling and sluggish manufacturing sent U.S. industrial output down for a fifth straight month in April.
- US factory orders rise in March for first time in 8 months Updated: May-04-15 10:22 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories rose in March for the first time since last July, breaking a long stretch of weakness in manufacturing.
- US factory activity improves in April, but hiring declines Updated: May-01-15 11:19 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. factories expanded in April at the same pace as in March, but manufacturers are starting to curtail hiring in a possible sign of weakness.
- Volkswagen profit up 19 pct on cost-cutting, Europe recovery Updated: Apr-29-15 6:16 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - German automaker Volkswagen said first-quarter profit rose 19 percent from a year ago as cost-cutting improved profit margins at its namesake brand and as European car sales showed a modest recovery.
- Durable goods orders up, but business investment falls again Updated: Apr-24-15 10:49 am
WASHINGTON - Purchases of long-lasting manufactured goods in March jumped by the largest amount in eight months, but a closer look at the details reveals that businesses kept pruning their investment plans in the face of a softening U.S. economy.
- Ford to lay off 700 workers due to slow car sales Updated: Apr-23-15 7:31 pm
DETROIT - Ford Motor Co. said Thursday it's laying off 700 workers at a Michigan assembly plant because of slow sales of the small cars and hybrids it makes.