- US factory orders rose modestly in March Updated: May-04-16 10:24 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories advanced by a modest amount in March, reflecting stronger demand in the volatile category of defense equipment.
- Auto sales hit April record on trucks and SUVs Updated: May-03-16 5:47 pm
DETROIT - America's love of trucks and SUVs helped push the auto industry to its best April ever, with most automakers reporting healthy increases.
- Survey: US manufacturing grew again in April Updated: May-02-16 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturing expanded in April for the second straight month, suggesting that factories are adapting to a strong dollar and economic weakness overseas, according to a private survey.
- US consumer spending inches up in March Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumers boosted their spending by a tiny amount in March as purchases of nondurable goods such as clothing offset a big fall in spending on autos and other long-lasting items.
- US durable goods orders rebounds, but investment still weak Updated: Apr-26-16 9:02 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories for long-lasting manufactured goods rose in March, but a key category that tracks business investment plans was weak for a second month.