- Solid US job growth cuts unemployment to 7 pct. Updated: Dec-06-13 3:15 pm
- US factory orders fall 0.9 percent in October Updated: Dec-05-13 10:25 am
- AUTO SALES LIVE: Industry momentum rolls on Updated: Dec-03-13 6:04 pm
- Holiday weekend gives a boost to auto sales Updated: Dec-03-13 5:27 pm
- US manufacturing grows at fastest in 2½ years Updated: Dec-02-13 4:18 pm
- Slow growth likely in 9 Midwest, Plains states Updated: Dec-02-13 12:02 pm
- Surveys show China manufacturing holds steady Updated: Dec-01-13 11:28 pm
- US durable-goods orders fall 2 pct. in October Updated: Nov-27-13 9:01 am
- Ford's Hinrichs sees slower growth in auto sales Updated: Nov-21-13 3:39 pm
- Japan trade deficit widens as imports surge Updated: Nov-19-13 8:37 pm
- US factory production rises 0.3 percent in October Updated: Nov-15-13 10:30 am
- Tata Motors profit soars on Jaguar Land Rover Updated: Nov-08-13 6:52 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. job market has been recovering fitfully for three years. Now, it's starting to show consistency.
WASHINGTON - U.S. factories received fewer orders in October, as aircraft demand fell and businesses cut back on computers. The decline suggests companies were hesitant to invest during the 16-day partial government shutdown.
The holiday weekend and an ongoing shift from cars to small SUVs boosted the auto industry in November.
DETROIT - Americans proved last month that they're head over heels about small sport utility vehicles. They also wanted to buy more than just video game consoles and big-screen TVs on Black Friday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturing grew in November at the fastest pace in 2½ years as factories ramped up production, stepped up hiring and received orders at a healthy clip.
OMAHA, Nebraska - The temporary resolution of the budget stalemate in Washington, D.C., has made business leaders more optimistic in nine Midwest and Plains states, but only modest economic growth is expected in the near future.
HONG KONG - Chinese manufacturing barely expanded in November, growing at about the same rate as the previous month, two surveys showed in further evidence that the world's No. 2 economy is undergoing a sluggish recovery.
WASHINGTON - Businesses spent less last month on machinery, computers and most other items, lowering orders for U.S. long-lasting factory goods. The decline suggests companies may have been reluctant to invest during the 16-day partial government shutdown
LOS ANGELES - Joe Hinrichs was named Ford Motor Co.'s president of the Americas one year ago, after a three-year stint as head of Ford's Asian operations.
TOKYO - Japan's trade deficit nearly doubled in October, as growth in imports outpaced robust increases in exports to the U.S. and China, the Finance Ministry reported Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - U.S. factories increased production for a third straight month in October, as stronger output of primary metals and furniture offset declines in auto production.
MUMBAI, India - India's Tata Motors reported a 71 percent jump in quarterly profit Friday due to a strong performance at its Jaguar Land Rover unit, even as the automaker's domestic business continued to suffer in a weak economy.