- German industrial production falls in August Updated: Oct-07-15 3:33 am
BERLIN - Official data show that German industrial production fell in August following an increase the previous month, a report that comes on top of disappointing figures for factory orders.
- Orders to US factories down 1.7 percent in August Updated: Oct-02-15 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories fell in August by the largest amount in eight months, led by a drop in demand for commercial airplanes and weakness in a key category that tracks business investment spending.
- US auto sales show big gains, except at Volkswagen Updated: Oct-01-15 5:53 pm
DETROIT - September was a blockbuster sales month for the U.S. auto industry - except at Volkswagen, where an emissions scandal forced the company to halt sales of most of its diesel-powered vehicles.
- US manufacturing barely expands as global economy slows Updated: Oct-01-15 11:19 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturers expanded at their slowest pace in two years last month, held back by faltering global growth and cutbacks in oil and gas drilling.
- China manufacturing index improves slightly, services wobble Updated: Oct-01-15 12:29 am
BEIJING - Chinese manufacturing activity improved slightly in September while growth in service industries slowed due to disruptions from a massive military parade, surveys showed Thursday.
- Bank of Japan tankan survey: Corporate sentiment worsening Updated: Sep-30-15 11:30 pm
TOKYO - Sentiment among big Japanese manufacturers slipped in the most recent quarter, the central bank said Thursday, underlining the shaky footing for growth in the world's third largest economy.
- Orders for US durable goods down 2 percent in August Updated: Sep-24-15 9:29 am
WASHINGTON - Orders for long-lasting U.S. manufactured goods dropped in August with weakness in a key category that tracks business investment plans.
- Gov. Bentley set to address manufacturing industry leaders Updated: Sep-24-15 5:00 am
POINT CLEAR, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley is scheduled to speak about the state's economic development work at a meeting with manufacturing industry leaders.
- Robot revolution sweeps China's factory floors Updated: Sep-23-15 3:26 am
SHENZHEN, China - In China's factories, the robots are rising.
- Sharp drop in auto output lowers US factory production Updated: Sep-15-15 9:51 am
WASHINGTON - Automakers cut back sharply on production in August, lowering overall factory output and highlighting one of the economy's weak spots a day before a key Federal Reserve meeting.
- Manufacturing in New York shrinks for second straight month Updated: Sep-15-15 9:41 am
WASHINGTON - Factory activity in New York state sank for a second straight month in September, a sign that American manufacturers are struggling with fallout from lower energy prices and a strong dollar, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York said Tuesday.