- Average US vehicle age hits record 11.5 years Updated: Jul-29-15 7:31 am
DETROIT - In the age of Apple's CarPlay, a lot of cars on the road still have tape decks.
- Orders for US durable goods jump 3.4 percent in June Updated: Jul-27-15 11:52 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories for big-ticket manufactured goods posted a sizable gain in June, but the advance was fueled by higher demand for commercial aircraft. Outside of this volatile category, a key category that represents business investment rose by a far more modest amount.
- China manufacturing slumps to 15-month low Updated: Jul-24-15 12:07 am
HONG KONG - China's manufacturing slumped to a 15-month low in July in a fresh sign of deterioration in the world's second biggest economy, a survey showed Friday.
- US factory orders fell 1 percent in May Updated: Jul-02-15 10:20 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories fell in May by the largest amount in three months, while a key category that signals business investment plans dropped for a second month.
- SUVs, muscle cars help auto industry maintain momentum Updated: Jul-01-15 5:31 pm
DETROIT - Americans again bought vehicles that sit up high and come loaded with features like backup cameras and smartphone capabilities in June. Horsepower was also in; gas-sipping not so much.
- US manufacturing growth improves in June; hiring jumps Updated: Jul-01-15 10:59 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. manufacturing growth improved in June, helped by a jump in employment.