- AP National News Calendar Updated: Aug-28-15 4:47 pm
Eds: Major scheduled events for the week of August 30 - September 5. Note that many events are subject to change at the last minute.
- Key Chinese manufacturing index falls to 77-month low Updated: Aug-21-15 1:48 am
BEIJING - China's manufacturing contracted by an unexpectedly large margin this month, a survey showed Friday, adding to signs of economic weakness.
- Manufacturing in New York shrinks by most since 2009 Updated: Aug-17-15 9:20 am
WASHINGTON - Manufacturing activity in New York state contracted in August at the fastest pace since the Great Recession, pulled down by sharp declines in new orders and shipments.
- US factory output climbed in July, lifted by auto production Updated: Aug-14-15 10:20 am
WASHINGTON - Auto plants, clothing makers and plastics factories drove a sharp rebound in U.S. manufacturing in July.
- From bananas to phones: How cheaper yuan could reverberate Updated: Aug-14-15 6:55 am
HONG KONG - China's unexpected move this week to lower the value of its tightly-leashed currency, the yuan, sent shockwaves through global financial markets. The impact on consumers around the world and China's neighbors will take longer to play out but possible winners and losers are already emerging.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Aug-05-15 12:25 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Growth at US services firms surges to record in July Updated: Aug-05-15 11:03 am
WASHINGTON - Business at U.S. services companies surged in July, the Institute for Supply Management reported Wednesday.
- US factory orders advance 1.8 percent in June Updated: Aug-04-15 10:22 am
WASHINGTON - Orders to U.S. factories increased in June, and a key category that reflects business investment plans posted a modest rise. But the gains weren't robust enough to suggest that the sluggish manufacturing sector is mounting a significant turnaround.
- US manufacturing growth slows in July Updated: Aug-03-15 5:16 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. factories were a little less busy last month.
- US auto sales strong in July on SUV, luxury demand Updated: Aug-03-15 4:16 pm
DETROIT - More Americans are buying cars that say "look at me."
- Average US vehicle age hits record 11.5 years Updated: Jul-29-15 7:04 pm
DETROIT - In the age of Apple's CarPlay, a lot of cars on the road still have tape decks.
- Volkswagen Q2 earns slip on restructuring, troubled markets Updated: Jul-29-15 10:46 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Automaker Volkswagen saw profits slip in the second quarter despite taking the global lead in sales over Toyota and GM.