- Asian stock markets down on China worries Updated: Mar-12-14 1:28 am
- Lawmakers advance Neb. income tax indexing bill Updated: Mar-11-14 5:23 pm
- Oil falls below $101 as crude stocks seen rising Updated: Mar-11-14 9:46 am
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law Updated: Mar-09-14 11:45 am
- California drought affects grocery prices in Ala. Updated: Mar-09-14 9:41 am
- Despite obstacles, the bull market turns 5 Updated: Mar-09-14 8:46 am
- China's inflation rate eases to 2 pct in February Updated: Mar-08-14 10:25 pm
- Stock and housing gains put US net worth at record Updated: Mar-06-14 2:49 pm
- Retail gasoline prices across Texas up penny Updated: Mar-06-14 2:01 pm
- Small herds, record exports cause high beef prices Updated: Mar-06-14 11:53 am
- European Central Bank holds rates amid recovery Updated: Mar-06-14 10:57 am
- US productivity slows in fourth quarter Updated: Mar-06-14 8:57 am
- Yellen pledges focus on jobs and stable prices Updated: Mar-05-14 2:46 pm
- Eurozone growth gaining traction - before Ukraine Updated: Mar-05-14 7:22 am
- Retail gasoline prices climb 2 cents across Texas Updated: Feb-27-14 2:59 pm
- Solid new-home sales lift hopes for housing market Updated: Feb-26-14 3:59 pm
- Bill would gradually lower liquor taxes Updated: Feb-26-14 3:10 pm
- Lowe's 4Q profit meets analysts' estimates Updated: Feb-26-14 11:14 am
- California gas tax drops but pump price may not Updated: Feb-25-14 5:54 pm
- Home Depot 4Q results mixed, boosts dividend Updated: Feb-25-14 10:32 am
- EU revises growth forecasts up slightly Updated: Feb-25-14 10:10 am
- Another possible booze price hike looms over Wash. Updated: Feb-23-14 11:57 am
- Nebraska panel moves income-tax bracket bill Updated: Feb-22-14 10:29 am
- US consumer prices rose 0.1 percent last month Updated: Feb-20-14 10:12 am
- Downside of low inflation: A weaker global economy Updated: Feb-19-14 2:32 pm
MANILA, Philippines - Asian stock markets sank Wednesday as recent falls in Chinese copper and iron prices added to jitters that the world's No. 2 economy is continuing to slow.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers have advanced a bill to ensure that Nebraska's income tax brackets keep pace with inflation.
The price of oil dropped below $101 a barrel Tuesday on expectations U.S. crude stocks rose last week.
SAN FRANCISCO - California's greenhouse gas reduction law already has shaken up the state's industrial sector, costing it more than $1.5 billion in pollution permit fees.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The worsening drought in California likely means Alabama consumers will be paying more for everything from almonds to zucchini.
NEW YORK - Happy 5th birthday, bull market.
BEIJING - China's inflation rate eased in February to 2 percent year-on-year amid signs the world's second-largest economy might be cooling.
WASHINGTON - A surging stock market and rebounding home prices boosted Americans' wealth to a record in the final three months of last year, though both trends have slowed so far in 2014.
IRVING, Texas - Retail gasoline prices are up a penny this week across Texas as some travelers prepare for spring break.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - The average price for a pound of fresh beef is the highest in at least 27 years, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
FRANKFURT, Germany - The European Central Bank kept its key interest rate on hold Thursday and raised its economic growth forecasts as it acknowledged that the recovery is strengthening in the 18 countries that use the euro.
WASHINGTON - U.S. productivity grew at an even slower annual rate than previously thought in the final three months of last year.
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen says the Fed has made much progress in repairing the damage caused by the financial crisis and recession but cautions that more work must be done.
LONDON - A double dose of positive economic news Wednesday showed that the recovery of the 18-country eurozone pushed up a gear at the start of 2014 and in the period before the crisis in Ukraine escalated.
IRVING, Texas - Retail gasoline prices this week have jumped by 2 cents per gallon across Texas.
WASHINGTON - A surprisingly strong pace of new-home sales last month has boosted hopes that the spring buying season will be solid enough to lift the overall economy.
OLYMPIA, Washington - Lawmakers introduced on Wednesday a measure that would gradually lower liquor sales taxes from 20.5 percent to 6.5 percent over eight years.
NEW YORK - Lowe's fiscal fourth-quarter net income rose 6 percent, as the home-improvement retailer continued to benefit from the housing market's recovery.
CULVER CITY, California - The state Board of Equalization voted Tuesday to reduce a gasoline tax by 3.5 cents per gallon - but that doesn't mean consumers will see a dip at the pump.
ATLANTA - Home Depot's fiscal fourth-quarter net income dipped 1 percent, hampered by bad winter weather and one less week in the period than a year ago.
BRUSSELS - Economic growth across Europe is expected to be slightly stronger this year as the recovery gains ground, according to the European Commission's new forecast released Tuesday.
SEATTLE - Booze prices at bars and restaurants in Washington may go up this year as multiple interests fight over rules following the voter-approved privatization of the state's liquor system.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A legislative panel has advanced a proposal to ensure that Nebraska's income-tax brackets keep pace with inflation.
WASHINGTON - U.S. consumer prices barely rose last month as a sharp increase in energy costs was offset by cheaper clothing, cars and air fares. The figures indicate inflation remains mild.
WASHINGTON - Since the Great Recession ended 4½ years ago, Americans have struggled with high unemployment, static pay and a slow economy. Yet they've had one thing in their favor: low inflation.