- Can South Dakota tax online sales? State presses to find out Updated: Apr-29-16 6:30 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota wants to collect state sales tax on purchases from Overstock.com and other Internet retailers. The state is pressing for the revenues with a lawsuit against several remote retailers that ultimately seeks to overturn a U.S. Supreme Court decision.
- Attempt to gather more sales tax clears Oklahoma Senate Updated: Apr-21-16 11:48 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - An attempt to get more Oklahomans to pay the required sales tax on online purchases has cleared the state Senate.
- A glance at China's latest economic numbers Updated: Apr-15-16 2:19 am
China's economic growth slowed in the first three months of this year to its slowest pace since 2009 during the global financial crisis. The data raised hopes that the world's second-largest economy may be stabilizing.
- US retail sales fall in March as Americans buy fewer cars Updated: Apr-13-16 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. retail sales fell last month as Americans cut back on their car purchases, the latest sign that consumers are reluctant to spend freely.
- Spokane County sees big money spent on pot Updated: Apr-11-16 12:14 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The amount of money spent on legal marijuana sales in Spokane County last year was larger than the retail sales of wine, bread or milk.
- Illinois medical marijuana sales continue to grow Updated: Apr-04-16 10:50 am
CHICAGO - Retail sales of medical marijuana in Illinois increased by roughly 30 percent in March compared to the previous month.
- Automakers report best US March sales in 16 years Updated: Apr-01-16 5:45 pm
DETROIT - Most major automakers reported U.S. sales gains last month as stronger employment figures and consumer confidence drove the auto industry to its best March in 16 years.