- Virginia fair to begin online advance ticket sales Aug. 3 Updated: Jul-27-15 2:16 am
DOSWELL, Virginia - Online advance ticket sales for the State Fair of Virginia will begin Aug. 3.
- Lafayette sees retail sales slump in May Updated: Jul-20-15 11:26 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish retail sales were down by 9 percent in May 2015 compared with May 2014. It's a dip local economic development officials blame on weak oil prices slowing activity in the oil patch.
- Applications for Oregon marijuana dispensaries increasing Updated: Jul-15-15 6:27 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Applications for permits to open new medical pot dispensaries are increasing as the state prepares to allow the businesses to sell retail marijuana to anyone over 21.
- China economy: Things to know about its latest growth report Updated: Jul-15-15 1:13 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth held steady at 7 percent in the latest quarter, its weakest level since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggest government efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- China's 2Q economic growth steady at 7 percent Updated: Jul-15-15 1:08 am
BEIJING - China's economic growth in the latest quarter held steady at 7 percent, its weakest performance since the global crisis, but better retail sales and factory output in June suggested efforts to reverse the slump might be gaining traction.
- US retail sales fall in June as consumers stay cautious Updated: Jul-14-15 11:07 am
WASHINGTON - Americans cut back their spending at stores and restaurants last month, a sign that they remain cautious despite robust job growth in the past year.
- US business stockpiles rise in May Updated: Jul-14-15 10:22 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. businesses added to their stockpiles in May, while sales rose for a third straight month.
- Low oil and gas prices show up in Wyoming economy Updated: Jul-12-15 4:25 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's economy is showing signs of the drop in oil and gas prices, according to a new report by the state's Economic Analysis Division.