- The Latest: Dow fell more than 600 points from day's peak Updated: Aug-25-15 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the global financial market turmoil (all times local):
- US new-home sales rebound in July Updated: Aug-25-15 10:23 am
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their purchases of new homes in July, with sales surging in the Northeast.
- Measure of US economy's future health slips in July Updated: Aug-20-15 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - An index designed to predict the future health of the U.S. economy declined slightly in July yet still pointed to modest growth in the months ahead.
- Single-family houses fuel gains in US homebuilding in July Updated: Aug-18-15 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders started work on single-family houses last month at the fastest pace since the Great Recession began in late 2007.
- US construction spending rose a slight 0.1 percent in June Updated: Aug-03-15 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending increased in June by the smallest amount in five months as a big drop in nonresidential building activity offset a third straight increase in home building.