- US construction spending rises 0.8 percent in May Updated: Jul-01-15 10:24 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending posted a solid gain in May, pushing total activity to the highest point since the fall of 2008, with the strength led by a big jump in non-residential projects.
- US economy not as bad in 1st quarter, paving way for rebound Updated: Jun-24-15 11:25 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy contracted in the first three months of the year, just not as much as previously estimated. More recent data show that the weakness was largely temporary, with a rebound in the works for the April-June quarter.
- US new-home sales in May climb to best levels since 2008 Updated: Jun-23-15 10:45 am
WASHINGTON - Purchases of new U.S. homes surged in the Northeast and West in May, as steady job growth over the past year has lifted the real estate sector.
- Here's why home sales are finally surging Updated: Jun-22-15 5:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Real estate has gotten hot again.
- US homebuilding drops in May, but pace stronger than in 2014 Updated: Jun-16-15 11:01 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders broke ground on fewer homes in May, but the pace of construction remains significantly higher than a year ago as the real estate sector increasingly reflects the stronger job market.
- Homebuilders Standard Pacific, Ryland Group agree to merger Updated: Jun-14-15 11:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - Standard Pacific Corp. and Ryland Group Inc. have agreed to merge in an all-stock transaction that will create a single homebuilder with operations in 17 states.